OFF Topic:

Old December 8th 10, 11:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

Default OFF Topic:

No surgery.
Postponed for a good 3 months for now. I was working my way up in hours of
walking without das boots.....snapped the bone just above the 'plate' area.
I was being extremely careful and KNOW I didn't bang it or drop anything on
it. In the long run, I'm glad it was that and NOT a reaction to the
plate/screws or an infection. so now I have a Christmas Green cast on for 6
weeks and then das boot for another 6 weeks and and and............

I'm going to have a friend 'draw' Christmas ornaments all over the
thing....providing we can find a marker that will write/draw on it. Vinyl
stickers don't work.

Butterfly (thank goodness SIL is coming for the Holidays so she can do the
shopping--she LOVES shopping! I know about on-line but I won't take the
pleasure away from her)

Old December 9th 10, 03:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bev in TX

Oh dear! I surely hope that it heals well. It's good that your SIL
will be helping you some.

Bev in TX

Old December 9th 10, 04:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Rats. Are you in pain? I would guess so but I am not sure I understand it
all.
Hugs and healing coming your way,
Taria

Old December 9th 10, 05:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

Sat thru yesterday was painful. I took Extra Strength Tylenol with the
'usual' pain meds. It did help keep it under control. The cast cut the pain
level in half and today it's ok. Course I can't 'move it' and that is what
was aggravating the whole thing. Back on the Scooter for 6 weeks...sure
beats a wheelchair Pretty bad when the scooter ppl recognize you by name!
Funny, never thought it was a break or fracture or I would have gone in
sooner.
Anyhow, I will pull out the afghan I was working on and finish 'sewing' the
rows together. might get it done by the 25th...not saying which month.
This has to be a record year for Not Quilting/Sewing.

Butterfly (What if I draw what I "want for Christmas" on the cast--wonder if
Santa would look at it that closely?)

Old December 9th 10, 06:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

I think you'd better begin with: Dear Santa, I can explain. Besides that,
isn't there something we can do to make you have stronger bones? Anything?
Polly

Old December 9th 10, 06:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

That's what I asked my Surgeon Dr. I go back to the Fam Dr and then see
'where' he sends me next: tests? EVERY Bone Scan is normal. Maybe I just
have futzy feetz? Maybe I'll need to go back to steel in the bottom of my
shoes like before the Ortho insoles? maybe Both? I already take Calcium with
Vit D as I can't have milk like normal for 20+ years....I do have a BIT of
cheese and or ice cream now ,but never 2 days in a row and only at lunchtime
(in case I react--I'd have time for an ER run--so far so good but I'm
extremely careful).

Guess I just have a 'new stress point' in that foot.

Butterfly (Enjoying the sun and 70° + weather : )

Old December 9th 10, 06:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Grandma used to bash broken china dishes and add the pieces to the chicken
feed so their egg shells would be harder. Perhaps .....? Polly

"Butterflywings" That's what I asked my Surgeon Dr. I go back to the Fam
Dr and then see
'where' he sends me next: tests? EVERY Bone Scan is normal. Maybe I just
have futzy feetz? Maybe I'll need to go back to steel in the bottom of my
shoes like before the Ortho insoles? maybe Both? I already take Calcium
with Vit D as I can't have milk like normal for 20+ years....I do have a
BIT of cheese and or ice cream now ,but never 2 days in a row and only at
lunchtime (in case I react--I'd have time for an ER run--so far so good
but I'm extremely careful).

Guess I just have a 'new stress point' in that foot.

Butterfly (Enjoying the sun and 70° + weather : )

"Polly Esther" I think you'd better begin with: Dear Santa, I can
explain. Besides that,
isn't there something we can do to make you have stronger bones?
Anything? Polly

"Butterflywings" ...

Old December 9th 10, 07:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
ME-Judy[_2_]

It'd just be a wee bit hard to chew!!
ME-Judy

Old December 9th 10, 07:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
ME-Judy[_2_]

Decorating your Christmas "Stocking" sounds like a great idea! You
know that old saying, "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade"!!
Sending warm thoughts and healing wishes to you!
ME-Judy

Old December 9th 10, 08:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

You just gave me a wonderful idea! I need to 'sew' fur around the
top...maybe get some green felt to 'finish the toes? (For some reason he
didn't take it to the 'ends' of the toes..he did the first go round)

I asked her to write Merry Christmas 'both ways' so you can read it when I'm
sitting with toes 'up' and when I'm using the scooter with my toes 'down'

Butterfly (planning..so far a fine point tip marker works)