Partially OT - Eureka!

Old November 30th 10, 06:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bev in TX

Default Partially OT - Eureka!

I did a fusible web applique project around 1.5 years ago, using
Steam-A-Seam 2. At that time I had quite a bit of problem with that
product, so I contacted the manufacturer, The Warm Company, to find out
what I was doing wrong. It turned out to be a problem with the product,
rather than me. To make up for my trouble, they sent me five (5) pkgs
as a replacement for the one (1) bad package. Well, I only used one
sheet of it, so I put the rest of it somewhere safe, so that the sheets
would stay unwrinkled.

You probably already know where this is heading. The next time I needed
some fusible web, I could not find my safely saved packages of it. I
looked high & low. I searched every shelf & box in my sewing room; I
looked on bookshelves and closet shelves in the rest of the house. I
looked in cabinets and dresser drawers. I even looked under the bed. I
could not find it anywhere. Since that time, I've gone through that
same search 2-3 more times, but I still failed to find it.

Well, yesterday I just happened to look on a shelf in my sewing room and
noticed a large baggie of something. Yes! That baggie contained my
Steam-A-Seam 2. I don't know how I could have missed it when looking
all of those other times and then find it when I was not even searching
for it???

As it turns out, I need that amount of Steam-A-Seam 2 t for the "Quilt
Diva" pattern that I am making. You can see a picture of it at:

http://www.amybradleydesigns.com/abd170.html

--
Bev in TX
Old November 30th 10, 07:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

I love that pattern. One thing I would do if I were making it is to
personalize it with my own hairdo, my hair color and my color eyes. You
can truly *be* the diva. ;-)

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old November 30th 10, 09:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

You're going to just have to make three - there's also a quilter carrying a
stack of bolts of fabric and one of a mighty quilter flying through the air.
I guess I love Amy Bradley. She's a hoot! Polly

Old November 30th 10, 11:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

Bev, I ordered Misty Fuse from my favorite online source a couple
years ago, 5 yards. When it came I carefully put it where I always
keep my Misty Fuse. Next time I needed it, I couldn't find it. Wasn't
there. Long story short, I reordered, time went by. One day not long
ago reached into the shelf where I keep Misty Fuse and there it was,
the unopened 5-yard package.

Gotta be gremlins.

Sunny
Old December 1st 10, 04:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bev in TX

LOL, no only one. Its a gift -- a big TY for a huge favor that she did
for me. I am considering adding some of the note cards :-).

--
Bev in TX

Old December 1st 10, 05:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bev in TX

I tried to reply to this, but the news group server, eternal-september,
refused to send it (too many open connections???). So here it is again ...

When I found it, my first thought was the "Twilight Zone" :-).

I also like to use Mist Fuse. I used it in my last appliqued quilt,
because it is so fine, that I could barely tell that it was there.

This wall hanging suggests using buttonhole applique, which is why I
think she recommends the heavier fusible web.

--
Bev in TX

Old December 2nd 10, 03:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy in SoCal

I know exactly what you mean about losing stuff and then finding it by
chance. I think we've all been there at one time or another.
I do it with my eyeglasses allll the time!

Eureka! I found that fabric! Pat in Virginia Quilting 3 May 27th 10 02:07 PM
FUN contests at Eureka Stamps Sidny Rubberstamps 0 December 11th 05 02:26 AM
Attn: Sandy Foster-Eureka KittyG Quilting 3 June 6th 05 02:29 PM
Eureka by Sandy F Butterfly Quilting 9 August 30th 03 02:27 AM
ripple stitch help - eureka! Anna MCM Yarn 4 August 10th 03 08:14 AM