Rotary Cutter Catastrophe

Old October 2nd 10, 11:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
IMS[_6_]

Default Rotary Cutter Catastrophe

Last night I was cutting strips of Christmas fabrics to make table
runner gifts. Let me say that I consider myself a Very careful
cutter, I always know where my hands are, where the blade is, and go
slow. But last night I was tired and had my left pinkie just a tad
over the edge of the ruler. I won't go into the gory details but
after a trip to the emergency room, a tetunus shot, and prescriptions
for pain meds and antibiotics, I am home safe and sound, abit with one
very sore and well bandaged pinkie. DH said he never realized quilting
could be so dangerous. Neither did I, but I learned my lesson and
will no longer handle the rotary cutter after 11pm!

-Irene

Old October 3rd 10, 12:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa[_2_]

Owwwwwwww! {{{{{{{{{{{{Irene}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
--
Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsi dot com

Old October 3rd 10, 01:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

OUCH! That sound very unpleasant. You are on
rotary cutter restriction. Hope you heal fast and
well.
Hugs, Taria

Old October 3rd 10, 02:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

On Oct 2, 6:25*pm, IMS wrote:
Last night I was cutting strips of Christmas fabrics to make table
runner gifts. *Let me say that I consider myself a Very careful
cutter, I always know where my hands are, where the blade is, and go
slow. *But last night I was tired and had my left pinkie just a tad
over the edge of the ruler. *I won't go into the gory details but
after a trip to the emergency room, a tetunus shot, and prescriptions
for pain meds and antibiotics, I am home safe and sound, abit with one
very sore and well bandaged pinkie. DH said he never realized quilting
could be so dangerous. *Neither did I, but I learned my lesson and
will no longer handle the rotary cutter after 11pm!

-Irene

Cutting tools can be dangerous, if you let your attention lapse. I
hope you recover soon and get back to quilting.
John
Old October 3rd 10, 02:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate in MI

OMGoodness!!! Hope you heal quickly... and the pain vanishes even more
quickly!

--
Kate in MI

Old October 3rd 10, 10:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sartorresartus

But you will only do that once!!!!

It's also a imprecation to keep your blades sharp. Blunt blades need
more pushing and make bigger holes in people!

Hope you heal soon. Time to settle down with some eye-candy and a
pencil to map out your next projects...

(BEG)

Take care,
Nel
(Gadget Queen)
Old October 3rd 10, 03:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Ouch! So sorry, hope it heals fast! (Glad it wasn't your right hand,
but of course it's nuisance enough.)
Roberta in D

Old October 3rd 10, 04:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak

On Sat, 2 Oct 2010 17:25:58 -0500, IMS wrote
(in article ):

Last night I was cutting strips of Christmas fabrics to make table
runner gifts. Let me say that I consider myself a Very careful
cutter, I always know where my hands are, where the blade is, and go
slow. But last night I was tired and had my left pinkie just a tad
over the edge of the ruler. I won't go into the gory details but
after a trip to the emergency room, a tetunus shot, and prescriptions
for pain meds and antibiotics, I am home safe and sound, abit with one
very sore and well bandaged pinkie. DH said he never realized quilting
could be so dangerous. Neither did I, but I learned my lesson and
will no longer handle the rotary cutter after 11pm!

-Irene

((HUGS)).

Boy, have I been there. Only it was my index finger. And I was in a hurry.
And I had a dull blade.

Take good care of the finger and use those pain meds!

Maureen

Old October 3rd 10, 04:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KT in Mich

Owwwww. Thanks for reminding us to be super-careful when handling these
cutters. It's so easy to become complacent and not pay attention!

KT. in MI

Old October 3rd 10, 07:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

So very sorry, Irene. Bless your heart. You've warned all of us to stop
before we get terribly tired. I've 'buzzed' my fingers more than once when
trying to get just a little more done. I wish you fast healing. Polly

New rotary cutter? Polly Esther[_5_] Quilting 33 September 29th 09 07:14 PM
Rotary cutter help please Ruth[_2_] Quilting 2 August 3rd 07 02:05 PM
rotary cutter Sara Lorimer Quilting 2 January 28th 06 01:35 AM
rotary cutter help Derek Hartmann Quilting 5 January 6th 04 06:28 PM
rotary cutter help Charlotte Hippen Quilting 9 January 5th 04 08:00 PM