New 'Herding Cats' photos from Polly

Old September 29th 10, 03:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jennifer in Ottawa

Default New 'Herding Cats' photos from Polly

Enjoy the views! http://community.webshots.com/user/barnyowl
jennellh
Old September 29th 10, 03:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Herding Cats hadn't been laundered and blocked but I just couldn't wait to
show you this one. The block is from Carol Burniston's Wonderfully
Whimsical Quilts. Methinks Carol doesn't attend the needs of kitties since
her quilt shows QIs that are well-behaved and posing politely. Just not
going to happen.
In real life, there's one going the other way and one leaving the scene
entirely. Since this is a crib quilt, I really had to quit but thought it
would be fun to have one block with a kitty presenting a rear view, one
belly-up and maybe one block entirely blank. Making this quilt was just
pure fun. Polly

Old September 29th 10, 04:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Thanks to Jenn for helping out. That is one cute quilt.
I wonder what yogi thinks of all those cats? I have learned that a can of
tuna is a fine helper when one is cat herding. Somebody is going to be lucky
to get that quilt.
I learned today that there are 9000 kids in the system of CPS in this
county. The guilds make a lot of quilts but that number is beyond reaching.
It breaks my heart to
know there are so many kiddos in the various situations they must be facing.
Keep making those kids quilts folks. There is a huge need. I think Polly is
giving lots of little folks wonderful hugs.
Taria

Old September 29th 10, 04:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

I was thinking today about Sandy trying to figure out how to press the
backing for her beautiful quilt. Yogi would give her lots of help.
Your number of 9000 kids in the CPS system stuns me. Nine Thousand? We
can't hug them all but God help us, we'll comfort every little one we can.
Polly

"Taria"
Thanks to Jenn for helping out. That is one cute quilt.
I wonder what yogi thinks of all those cats? I have learned that a can of
tuna is a fine helper when one is cat herding. Somebody is going to be
lucky to get that quilt.
I learned today that there are 9000 kids in the system of CPS in this
county. The guilds make a lot of quilts but that number is beyond
reaching. It breaks my heart to
know there are so many kiddos in the various situations they must be
facing. Keep making those kids quilts folks. There is a huge need. I
think Polly is giving lots of little folks wonderful hugs.
Taria

"Polly Esther" Herding Cats hadn't been laundered and blocked but I
just couldn't wait to
show you this one. The block is from Carol Burniston's Wonderfully
Whimsical Quilts. Methinks Carol doesn't attend the needs of kitties
since her quilt shows QIs that are well-behaved and posing politely.
Just not going to happen.
In real life, there's one going the other way and one leaving the
scene entirely. Since this is a crib quilt, I really had to quit but
thought it would be fun to have one block with a kitty presenting a rear
view, one belly-up and maybe one block entirely blank. Making this quilt
was just pure fun. Polly

"Jennifer in Ottawa" Enjoy the views!

Old September 29th 10, 07:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Thanks! What a happy quilt that is. All Polly's quilts make me smile.
Roberta in D

Old September 29th 10, 08:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

Thanks so much for showing us Polly's quilt, Jenn. Having several of
the little dears, knowing how hard it is to herd them g, I just love
this quilt. Polly, I specially love the one walking off into the border-
and the way that you changed the angle of his leg to make him a walking
cat . Wonderful! Some little soul is going to love this.
..
In message
,
Jennifer in Ottawa writes

--
Best Regards
Pat on the Green
Old September 29th 10, 08:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

On 29/09/2010 03:16, Jennifer in Ottawa wrote:
Enjoy the views! http://community.webshots.com/user/barnyowl
jennellh

Oh, they are a load of fun! Lovely!

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old September 29th 10, 12:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa[_2_]

That is one of the happiest quilts I've ever seen. I'd love to be there when some lucky child gets it for
his/her very own. The smiles of joy would melt even the hardest heart!
--
Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsi dot com

Old September 29th 10, 02:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

The 'Herd' really did block nice and straight after it went through the
wash/dry, and not a single QI was missing. Can't decide which way to go
now. There's a silly flamingo block calling to me or I might begin the dump
trucks. I wish you all could come play with me. Polly

"Louise in Iowa" ...

Old September 29th 10, 02:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

I wanna see flamingoes! (There are 2 in my otherwise properly German
garden, and I love it when little kids walk by and say, "Look Mama,
flamingoes!"
Roberta in D

On Wed, 29 Sep 2010 08:02:32 -0500, "Polly Esther"
wrote:

The 'Herd' really did block nice and straight after it went through the
wash/dry, and not a single QI was missing. Can't decide which way to go
now. There's a silly flamingo block calling to me or I might begin the dump
trucks. I wish you all could come play with me. Polly

"Louise in Iowa" ...
That is one of the happiest quilts I've ever seen. I'd love to be there
when some lucky child gets it for his/her very own. The smiles of joy
would melt even the hardest heart!
--
Louise in Iowa

On 9/28/2010 9:16 PM, Jennifer in Ottawa wrote:
Enjoy the views! http://community.webshots.com/user/barnyowl
jennellh

Polly's new baby quilt photos Jennifer in Ottawa Quilting 39 June 12th 10 12:54 AM
OT - Extreme sheep-herding Bruce Fletcher (remove dentures to reply) Needlework 6 March 20th 09 01:39 AM
OT/Cats Karen C in California Needlework 0 January 30th 08 10:56 PM
OT Cats She in PA Quilting 20 January 21st 06 12:40 AM
CATS Linn Skinner Needlework 0 October 28th 03 07:05 PM