A sign of Aging

Old August 3rd 10, 05:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

Default A sign of Aging

You know you are getting old, when you survey all the different
medicines you are taking, along with the dietary supplements, and over
the counter products, and have them come tumbling out of a storage
space when you open the door to access them. This scenario was what
prompted the solution that came from my workshop and life is much more
organized and placid. The three entities in our house; My wife Lois,
Our dog Maggie, and myself, each take an escalating and bewildering
number of items which are attempting to stave off the effects of
aging. Knowing full well, that the only thing that will truly stave
off aging is death, the preferable alternative of various items of a
pharmacological nature would seem to be the better choice, if they
could just be contained. So down to the workshop and a few days later,
the attached picture is what has come to pass. I call it an Apothecary
Chest, as was popular in the 18th and 19th century, and used by
doctors and other medical practitioners. This is a rather dedicated
and therefore smaller and more compact version, but it fits the space
within the cabinet that housed all of the various potions and tonics,
and whatnots that make up the contents. The dimensions are 12" H x 22"
L x 11" D and it is made out of Pine. Bingo! Problem solved.

http://picasaweb.google.com/ljtaylor...21250089146402

John

Old August 3rd 10, 06:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

Dang! That's brilliant. I need one of those -- two drawers to myself,
LOL. Thinking of all the various 'medicine' everybody in our household
takes, if I could sequester it all in one space, it would be
wonderful. As usual, you made something elegant in simplicity and
absolutely beautiful. Well done.

Sunny
Old August 3rd 10, 06:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Shirley Shone[_2_]

In message
,
John writes
[...]

http://picasaweb.google.com/ljtaylor...st#55012212500
89146402

John

That is brilliant, I could do with one of those to house my medications
!0 tablets with breakfast, that is the start to the day. More throughout
the day.
Hugs
Shirley

--
Shirley Shone

www.allcrafts.org.uk

Old August 3rd 10, 06:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

That is a great solution done elegantly. I always enjoy your work. Thanks
for sharing.
Keeping an old body going is like keeping an old
car running sometimes!
Taria

Old August 3rd 10, 07:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dr. Zachary Smith

We just adapted a spice rack we picked up at a garage sale for a
couple bucks.
Old August 3rd 10, 07:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie& The Furbabies in MO.

Lovely- as always! (And don't forget the other necessities of life as we
gals age- all the lotions and potions for wrinkles and age spots and and
sagging skin..... And then there's the canes and braces and walkers and.....
LOL)

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old August 3rd 10, 08:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

On 03/08/2010 17:53, John wrote:
[...]

Very smart and practical! Does each drawer have a compartment for each
medicine?

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old August 3rd 10, 09:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NanaWilson

John, all I can say is "Oh! MY!!" It is so very beautiful:-) As for the
getting old part.....Me SIL told me once that we ALL get ugly when we get
old!! SOOOO I'm not getting OLD...I'll get oldER, but not old...Need I say
that her NIBBS is NOT me fave SIL.
Nana

"Kate XXXXXX" wrote in message
o.uk...

Old August 3rd 10, 11:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

http://picasaweb.google.com/ljtaylor...erest#55012212...

John

Very smart and practical! *Does each drawer have a compartment for each
medicine?

--
Kate *XXXXXX *R.C.T.Q Madame Chef des Trolls
Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttonshttp://www.katedicey.co.uk

No. We buy some of the things in large bottles of 250 or so count, and
so those have to lay on their sides. Other things are stood upright in
groupings that pertain to their uses. There is one drawer on the
bottom left that is labeled "Misc" and is used to hold things that we,
Lois and I, and not Maggie and either of us, take. Although Maggie
does take something that was prescribed by a Vet but filled at the
local Wal-Mart pharmacy, without so much as a by your leave. That was
a first for us, as I supposed that the pet meds and people meds were
somehow different. Not so. If I had divided up the drawers, there
would have been more partitioning than storage space, so an open space
made more sense for this application.

John
Old August 3rd 10, 11:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carole-Retired and Loving It

That's a gorgeous medicine chest! I'm so very thankful that at age
68, I still don't have any need for something like that. 1 blood
pressure tablet and 1 Singulair tablet a day don't take up too much
room. However, I'm sure I could put that lovely piece of woodwork to
very good use for some other purpose!

On Tue, 3 Aug 2010 09:53:20 -0700 (PDT), John
wrote:

You know you are getting old, when you survey all the different
medicines you are taking, along with the dietary supplements, and over
the counter products, and have them come tumbling out of a storage
space when you open the door to access them.

Carole D. - Retired and loving it in the foothills of NW Georgia

My quilts, crafts, QIs, and more - http://home.windstream.net/caroledoyle

Anti aging skin care marvin lai Beads 1 January 8th 07 10:30 PM
aging question... The Larsons Quilting 21 May 16th 05 12:30 AM
Aging balsa wood Metis Artist Doll Houses 2 August 23rd 04 07:01 PM
aging and needlework ability BDS2pds Needlework 77 June 28th 04 05:53 PM
What's your sign? aeromom Needlework 31 August 25th 03 07:08 PM