is anyone left here?

Old June 1st 14, 07:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lizzy Taylor

Default Shirley in the U.K. is anyone left here?

On 31/05/2014 23:18, Shirley wrote:

Will not be here much longer my ISP is dropping USENET in August.
So I shall be missing a lot of my USA friends.

Yes, we are with Zen too and very sad that they are dropping usenet :-(

I will have to find some other way to get the news feed as Google Gropes
is not my idea of an alternative ....

Lizzy

Old June 1st 14, 08:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

Default is anyone left here?

Hi Sandy, I checked with Kevin and he asked me to say he is sorry if he did
not let you know when he got the card. He has been going about as hard as
he can since the fire, and he still hasn't caught up with everything. He
and family are still living with us, but it just isn't working out for
either of us. We helped them find a used mobile home and it was just moved
to their property 2 days ago. There is about 2 weeks of work to be done
before they can move in. We had rain a few days that delayed the move a few
days. Also, tomorrow he goes for a hearing to see if he can get his
disability because of his eyes being so bad, and the diabetics swelling up
his legs and feet so it is difficult for him to walk.

Kevin and family say Thank You for thinking of them. And I really
appreciate it too.
Barbara, now in HOT, DAMP SC

"Sandy E" wrote in message ...

Howdy!
How are your kids doing, Barbara?
(Did they get my card?)
Cheers to you, all of you!
Sandy

On 5/8/14 12:40 PM, in article , "Bobbie
Sews More" wrote:

"Taria" wrote in message ...

Just wondering. Give a check in if you are still here. Maybe if others
realize folks still check here
they might post? Taria

I check in regularly. I haven't done any quilting lately . Been very
busy
helping son & DiL find a place to live. They have been living in our
house
since the fire burned their apartment on Christmas Day night and they lost
everything. Hopefully, they will be able to move into a mobile home
within
a month! We are excited about that,
Barbara in SC

---
news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ---
Old June 1st 14, 08:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

"Sandy E" wrote in message ...

Howdy!
Always glad to see your smiling face!

Cheers!
Ragmop/Sandy - quilting & buzzing the chain saw (cutting branches)

On 5/11/14 2:08 AM, in article ,
"Shirley" wrote:

On 08/05/2014 15:51, Taria wrote:
Just wondering. Give a check in if you are still here. Maybe if others
realize folks still check here
they might post? Taria

Still checking in every day
Shirley

Sure hope you all with be able to get through to the group!
Barbara in SC

Old June 2nd 14, 04:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

On Sun, 01 Jun 2014 19:54:32 +0100, Lizzy Taylor wrote:

On 31/05/2014 23:18, Shirley wrote:

Will not be here much longer my ISP is dropping USENET in August.
So I shall be missing a lot of my USA friends.

Yes, we are with Zen too and very sad that they are dropping usenet :-(

I will have to find some other way to get the news feed as Google Gropes
is not my idea of an alternative ....

I am supposed to have usenet through my isp. However I have never had
much luck with the services beyond a bare connection from them. They
used to blame it on my location, now they blame it on my OS.
I just gave up on them, and now I go through eternal-september for usenet.
There are several other free places to access the usenet through, a quick
websearch should turn them up.

NightMist
Old June 2nd 14, 02:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lizzy Taylor

On 02/06/2014 04:52, NightMist wrote:

I am supposed to have usenet through my isp. However I have never had
much luck with the services beyond a bare connection from them. They
used to blame it on my location, now they blame it on my OS.
I just gave up on them, and now I go through eternal-september for usenet.
There are several other free places to access the usenet through, a quick
websearch should turn them up.

Eternal-september is on my list of things to check out - when I get a
spare 5 minutes, life is EXTREMELY busy here just at the moment, but
should calm down sometime towards the end of next month (I hope)

Lizzy

--
http://lizzyastro.etsy.com
http://www.instructables.com/member/lizzyastro/
Old June 2nd 14, 02:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Shirley

On 02/06/2014 14:17, Lizzy Taylor wrote:
On 02/06/2014 04:52, NightMist wrote:

I am supposed to have usenet through my isp. However I have never had
much luck with the services beyond a bare connection from them. They
used to blame it on my location, now they blame it on my OS.
I just gave up on them, and now I go through eternal-september for
usenet.
There are several other free places to access the usenet through, a quick
websearch should turn them up.

Eternal-september is on my list of things to check out - when I get a
spare 5 minutes, life is EXTREMELY busy here just at the moment, but
should calm down sometime towards the end of next month (I hope)

Lizzy

I have passed the info on to my son to look into it. He too is on Zen
and losing his newsgroups. He keeps a beady eye on my computer doing
updates and making sure I do not do anything daft in my old age.
Shirley

--
Shirley
www.allcrafts.org.uk
Old June 6th 14, 04:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterfly-Wings

Default Butterfyl is anyone left here?

Sandy E wrote:
Howdy!
Girlfriend B-fly, e' me; tell me what's up.
Was comparing notes about Phoenix with a friend, she loves it;
well, I've BEEN there, at least!
Also came across a pic of your hexagon quilt,
hand-quilted, of course. g

To all those who "check in" - SAY SOMETHING! POST!
Then we can all read it; otherwise, we're going to talk about you behind
your back. ;-P

Cheers!
Ragmop/Sandy

Haven’t been on here in a few weeks as this Compie had to have a MAJOR attitude adjustment seminar to the point of leaving home.

Even with as little as I’m on here, I did miss not having it.
Realized I mainly use it for emails and to ‘look up things’ more than
just browsing, being on here just to have something to do,etc.
anyway, it now has the new Windows and is soooooooooo much faster, it
was worth the wait.

Don’t have a place to move to yet but we have until the 30th to be
outta here.

We’ve already hit our 100°, but the tomato plant is still giving one
tomato at a time. YUM! The rose bush was pretty stingy with flowers
this spring so it’ll be transplanted
into a larger container this fall.Give it room to stretch it’s roots
once again. It WILL stay in a container as I don’t want it left behind.
It’s the only one I have left from CA.

(Ragmop. check your email...not sure if that's working yet. still have a
few things that need transferring or whatever they it's called.)

Butterfly

Old June 8th 14, 03:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta in D

I got so frustrated with the Google format, so haven't checked in for ages. But I miss you all so much and decided to have a look!
Roberta in D
Old June 8th 14, 10:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy E

Howdy!
I've been using Eternal-september for several years; it keeps posting as
long as we do. Please check it out, Shirley.
http://www.eternal-september.org/
Cheers!
Ragmop/Sandy

Old June 10th 14, 02:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat on the Green

On 08/06/2014 15:50, Roberta in D wrote:
I got so frustrated with the Google format, so haven't checked in for ages. But I miss you all so much and decided to have a look!
Roberta in D

Great to see you Roberta!

I'm going to add a piece to this reply, in the hope that a reply will
get through, where I can't seem to get a 'starting post' to appear??

I agree, it is good to see a few of the previous large 'crew' appearing
here from time to time.

I posted ages ago that I would give details of a book I have found most
interesting - it might appeal to those who have always liked Celtic
Knotwork - or want to have a look at it! I plan (I think) to use the
instructions in the book to draw quilting designs rather than piecing or
appliqué.

It is called: How to Draw Celtic Knotwork
A Practical Handbook
by: Andy Sloss
published by Brockhampton Press (latest edition 1998)
ISBN No. 1 86019 8597

Hope this goes through!

Pat on the Green

I'm left-feathered! Leslie & The Furbabies in MO. Quilting 5 October 18th 07 03:30 PM
left over projects John Quilting 3 January 16th 07 08:59 AM
Left Handers abutteriss Yarn 18 February 20th 06 07:25 PM
Help for Left Hander Cheryl Yarn 5 September 28th 05 07:58 AM
Left overs.... Patricia Yarn 0 September 13th 03 02:20 PM