Bobbin Thread for FMQ

Old September 22nd 13, 12:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lizzy Taylor

Default Bobbin Thread for FMQ

What do you all like using for bobbin thread when doing FMQ? This time I
am using Masterpiece (because it was what the LQS had - they don't carry
Bottom Line) with King Tut variegated on the top and I am finding it
very linty. I have to delint every after 2 bobbins or I end up taking
out quilting.

Lizzy in Heywood, UK
Old September 24th 13, 02:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
fran

I use the same brand top and bottom, just vary the color. I use
Mettler, and buy it at the local cloth store (fabric shop). It is
also carried by the LQS, but that is farther away

Old September 25th 13, 10:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lizzy Taylor

On 24/09/2013 16:10, Louise in Iowa wrote:
Lizzy, I use Bottom Line or Sew Fine or Glide, but I'm using it on a
longarm, and that may make a difference. I believe Masterpiece was
designed for piecing, and it may not be strong enough (in addition to
being linty!) to hold up to long-term use of a quilt. I often use
Isacord thread for quilting, too, and when I do, I use it in the bobbin
as well as on top.

I like Bottom Line too and it works well for me, but I have to mail
order it and this project had no waiting time in it! The Masterpiece
was recommended to me by the LQS lady who uses it as her bobbin thread,
but I don't think I'll be sticking with it myself. I am making steady
progress and now I know how it is behaving I am able to take
preventative action as required.

Photos when it is all done!

Lizzy

--