Needle Sizes

Old December 22nd 10, 07:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bev in TX

Default Needle Sizes

I took a class at my LQS around 7 years ago. The elderly lady next to
me was sewing on a Janome 10000 machine that she had purchased a while
before that. All of a sudden her machine froze up and refused to sew
and she ended up having it repaired. It turned out that she had never
cleaned lint out of her machine and it was so tightly packed down in
there that it just stopped sewing. Janome tightens the screws down so
tightly on new or factory fixed machines, that she thought she was not
supposed to look down in there. My DH had difficulties loosening the
screws on my Janome.

Bev in TX

On 12/22/10 8:50 AM, Taria wrote:
Nobody taught her any different I guess. The machine probably needed
cleaned up and serviced anyway if she was that clueless. So many older
machines I've seen in thrift stores and yard sales have the feed dogs just
packed with lint and I wonder if that is why someone stopped using it.
You know the tension is wacky when it is like that. Also needles in
backwards is common in machines folks think are dead. Some folks just don't
bother to learn about their machines or basic sewing.
Taria

Old December 27th 10, 07:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Helen Howes[_2_]

Chap rings me up one day..

"Hello, my wife has broken her sewing machine, I wonder if you can
help?"

Me: "What has happened?"

Man: "She's had it about 5 years, and she's broken the needle. Do you
know if they can be replaced?"

Me: (desperately trying not to laugh) "Have you looked in the tool
box? There will be 5 more in a little packet, and instructions on how
to put a new one in in the little book..."

Man: "Oh, thank goodness, she uses it ever such a lot and she's ever
so upset"

Me: Ring me back if you can't sort it out (Puts phone down and
explodes lightly...)

Ddin't get back to me... I wonder if he ever puts oil in his car?

HH

Needle sizes? DAB Yarn 8 October 19th 07 06:07 AM
Needle review by an admitted needle-SNOB YarnWright Yarn 23 February 14th 07 09:25 PM
Switching Needle Sizes in the Round Tiffany Yarn 3 June 16th 04 03:52 AM
US and UK knitting needle sizes? Andee Yarn 6 December 2nd 03 03:40 PM
Needle sizes AlenasMom Yarn 20 October 23rd 03 11:32 PM