Ping Nel, Gadget Queen

Old August 13th 10, 03:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default Ping Nel, Gadget Queen

Waited and waited for someone to resolve your computer, assorted mayhem and
embroidery unit problem. Haven't seen any solutions. Have you found help
or do we have do call in the big guns? Polly

Old August 13th 10, 09:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sartorresartus

On Aug 13, 3:43*am, "Polly Esther" wrote:
Waited and waited for someone to resolve your computer, assorted mayhem and
embroidery unit problem. *Haven't seen any solutions. *Have you found help
or do we have do call in the big guns? *Polly

I've put in an email to the Bernina Guru at Bogod's, but as yet
nothing from there either. I shall never buy another Bernina, that's
a given! I am going to phone again today and see if I can get
anything.

Yes, I was sad not to hear from the embroidery group, but there, if
there is no solution, that would follow, wouldn't it.

However, I have finished the bonnet for the "Bonnets from the Heart"
collection for the NEC http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/f...20the%20Heart/
so the immediate panic is over.

I'll let you know how I go on.

Thanks for caring,
Nel
(GQ)
Old August 13th 10, 10:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Oh Nel, that's so sweet!
Roberta in D

Old August 13th 10, 11:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

What an adorable little bonnet. Exquisite. Well done for overcoming
the gremlins to get it done.
..
In message
,
Sartorresartus writes

http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/f...nnets%20from%2

--
Best Regards
Pat on the Green
Old August 13th 10, 12:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa[_2_]

The bonnet is adorable, Nel. So glad you were able to get it completed, even without a solution to your problem.
--
Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsi dot com

Old August 13th 10, 03:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

That is really just the cutest bonnet. You did a great job on that. Good
luck with the machine.
Taria

Old August 13th 10, 04:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sartorresartus

Default Ping Nel, Gadget Queen now: SORTED!

I HOPE (fingers' crossed!)

Email back from Bogod's, which I didn't understand. Not surprising:
misunderstanding of problem. So I phoned and spoke to Dawn Cowling,
the right person.

She was so sweet. We got back on the same wavelength (it only took a
few minutes); she has dredged up a CD with the right Artlink software
on it, and is mailing it to me.

That should do the trick and solve the problem. I'll keep you posted.

Pheew!

And thank you for your kind words about the bonnet. It took far
longer to finish than it should have done, but I am quite pleased with
it. Some of the other ones I've seen are exquisite. I wanted to keep
mine simple; hence the whitework.

I shall now go back and attempt (for the fifth time) to make a 3 inch
block. I just CAN'T get it right. Bleah!

Nel
(Gadget Queen)

Old August 13th 10, 05:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy in CNY

I shall now go back and attempt (for the fifth time) to make a 3 inch
block. *I just CAN'T get it right. *Bleah!

Nel
(Gadget Queen)

Did you try Thangles?

amy in CNY (for now)
Old August 13th 10, 05:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sartorresartus

It's about the only thing I haven't tried (I don't have any).

I even drew the wretched thing out on EQ, and still managed to mess it
up. Then I thought I'd try to foundation piece it. No. Now I'm just
doing an embroidery motif and keeping it whole. Somehow I seem to
have lost the knack, or intelligence to sew on three-inch block-of-my-
choice.

That's Friday, 13th for you, except that I tried on three other days
too.

I've managed one, but the other one is just... oooh... frustrating!

One more go after tea, then I give in!

Nel
(GQ)
Old August 13th 10, 07:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

I can grasp the notion that it is cheaper to buy a new printer than it is to
buy new ink cartridges for the old one. I don't like it but I can live with
it.
Tossing out a sewing machine because a computer won't communicate with
it? Waaah! That is simply unacceptable. I love my Berninas but have not
invested in their embroidery unit even though their embroidery designs are
exquisite. Who/what is Bogod? And wouldn't you simply croak
if you invested $10,000 in the new snazzy Bernina ( or the Viking) only to
discover in a couple of years that they weren't on speaking terms with an
upgraded @#$! version of Windows? Polly