A sign of Aging

Old August 4th 10, 06:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sherry

Default A sign of Aging

On Aug 4, 6:36*am, "Polly Esther" wrote:
Remember Fibber Magee's closet? *We have it. *No attic in this home so all
manner of 'might need' are crammed into that closet. *Stadium seats, *8mm
film projector, electric fans . . . maybe a dozen old family bibles, dozens
more of scrap books and photo albums. *The door to that closet should have
some sort of alarm on it to warn innocent bystanders. *Maybe one of those
shrill 'backing up' things? *Polly

I remember my grandmother talking about Fibber McGee's closet,
though I didn't know what she was talking about. She also had
a phrase "You've got more (fill in the blank) than Carter's got
pills!"
That one flew over my head too.

Sherry
Old August 4th 10, 09:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anna Belle[_2_]

For those of you too young to remember:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9FGC68YcwM

Anna Belle

On Tue, 3 Aug 2010 09:53:20 -0700 (PDT), John
wrote:

You know you are getting old, when you survey all the different
medicines you are taking, along with the dietary supplements, and over
the counter products, and have them come tumbling out of a storage
space when you open the door to access them. This scenario was what
prompted the solution that came from my workshop and life is much more
organized and placid. The three entities in our house; My wife Lois,
Our dog Maggie, and myself, each take an escalating and bewildering
number of items which are attempting to stave off the effects of
aging. Knowing full well, that the only thing that will truly stave
off aging is death, the preferable alternative of various items of a
pharmacological nature would seem to be the better choice, if they
could just be contained. So down to the workshop and a few days later,
the attached picture is what has come to pass. I call it an Apothecary
Chest, as was popular in the 18th and 19th century, and used by
doctors and other medical practitioners. This is a rather dedicated
and therefore smaller and more compact version, but it fits the space
within the cabinet that housed all of the various potions and tonics,
and whatnots that make up the contents. The dimensions are 12" H x 22"
L x 11" D and it is made out of Pine. Bingo! Problem solved.

http://picasaweb.google.com/ljtaylor...21250089146402

John

Old August 5th 10, 05:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy in CNY

On Aug 4, 4:10*pm, Anna Belle wrote:
For those of you too young to remember:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9FGC68YcwM

Anna Belle

Thanks AnnaBelle!!! i DO remember these! one of my favorite shows!!
( and i'm only 52!) but dad had
recorded some of these and we watch them. Just like the old radio
shows of Prairie home Companion. Just great!
amy in CNY
Old August 5th 10, 11:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bronnie[_2_]

On 5 Aug, 01:14, IMS wrote:
On Wed, 4 Aug 2010 03:54:35 -0700 (PDT), Bronnie

wrote:
Bronnie, 58 in a couple of weeks, ughh.

I'll be 57 in a week and a half, and I have to tell you it's a LOT
better than the alternative

-Irene

Happy Birthday Irene! 19th Aug??
yes, I jest. I'm as young as I think - one day I'll grow up, just
not yet!

Bronnie
Old August 6th 10, 12:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Happy birthday to both of you gals.
They can't make us grow up, they just can't.
Taria

Old August 6th 10, 12:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

On 06/08/2010 00:26, Taria wrote:
Happy birthday to both of you gals.
They can't make us grow up, they just can't.
Taria

Growing up is for kids. I gave it up years ago.

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old August 6th 10, 02:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
IMS[_6_]

wrote:
Bronnie, 58 in a couple of weeks, ughh.

I'll be 57 in a week and a half, and I have to tell you it's a LOT
better than the alternative

-Irene

Happy Birthday Irene! 19th Aug??
yes, I jest. I'm as young as I think - one day I'll grow up, just
not yet!

Bronnie

Happy Birthday to you, too, Bronnie! The 15th is my day

I know what you mean...and I still don't know what I want to be when I
grow up LOL -- but Life is Good!

-Irene
Old August 6th 10, 07:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

I recently bought a few coasters with witty sayings on them!
One says: 'Growing old is compulsory; growing up is optional'.
..
In message
,
Bronnie writes

--
Best Regards
Pat on the Green
Old August 6th 10, 11:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*

i wish it always worked that way.
old tired and had enough,
j.

"Pat S" ...

Old August 6th 10, 02:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dr. Zachary Smith

On Aug 6, 2:56*am, Pat S wrote:
I recently bought a few coasters with witty sayings on them!
One says: 'Growing old is compulsory; growing up is optional'.

I used to have a t-shirt with a similar sentiment:
"I may grow older, but I REFUSE to grow up."
I wore it to threads.

Yeah, yeah, go ahead and titter how appropriate - that was the point!

Doc

In message
,
Bronnie writes

Anti aging skin care marvin lai Beads 1 January 8th 07 11:30 PM
aging question... The Larsons Quilting 21 May 16th 05 12:30 AM
Aging balsa wood Metis Artist Doll Houses 2 August 23rd 04 07:01 PM
aging and needlework ability BDS2pds Needlework 77 June 28th 04 05:53 PM
What's your sign? aeromom Needlework 31 August 25th 03 07:08 PM