OT - off to Branson, page two

Old October 12th 03, 08:23 PM
Queen of Squishies

Default OT - off to Branson, page two

I'm not going. We got a call just minutes before we walked out the door,
from my Dad's housekeeper / cook. He's been doubling up on his sleeping
pills, taking Benadryl with them, and hallucinating at night and trashing
the apartment. He has even gotten out of the apartment, running around the
hall in his underwear at night. We cancelled our reservations, and DH is
heading up there now to try to resolve this issue. This is too dangerous,
and way out of hand. We can't leave.

Karen, Queen of Squishies
--
My reply address is scrambled. Please change my
address to hicall80 at earthlink dot net

Old October 12th 03, 08:35 PM
Butterfly

DANG!!!!!!!!!! NO Stash Raid!!!!!!
We really didn't mean to scare you that badly--musta been the promise of
hiding them in the fridge.

Very Gentle Hugs to both of you
Love
Butterfly

Old October 12th 03, 08:37 PM
Marilyn

Karen..I am so sorry to hear about your Dad's new problems and the fact it
will keep you from your trip. Seems when you are a part of the "sandwich"
generation something is always happening when you least expect it.
Sure hope you can make arrangements sometime later on for a nice trip,
sounds like you could really use it.
Marilyn in Moravia

Old October 13th 03, 12:57 AM
The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me

Karen, I am soooo sorry your plans have come to naught. Sending hugs to
you and prayers for your dad. I hope you can get his meds back on
schedule and maybe come to Branson a little later.

Leslie and The Furbabies

The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me- My dogs aren't my whole life... they make my
life whole.

RCTQ- Houston 2004..... A good friend will come and bail you out of
jail.... but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...
that was fun!"

Old October 13th 03, 01:09 AM
Diana Curtis

I hope all will be well with your FIL soon, meds all straightened out... and
that your trip to Branson will be merely postponed and not canceled. I can
tell how much you were looking forward to it.
Hugs,
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
hlink.net...

Old October 13th 03, 02:49 AM
Coleen

Aww, shucks Karen. I know you were so looking forward to getting away.
Hopefully you will get everything with Dad straightened out soon and will
still be able to get away for a vacation. And really, I wouldn't have let
anybody (but me) raid your stash. :-)

Love in Stitches,

Coleen

Old October 13th 03, 07:42 PM
Sandy Foster

In article k.net,
"Queen of Squishies" wrote:

I'm not going. We got a call just minutes before we walked out the door,
from my Dad's housekeeper / cook. He's been doubling up on his sleeping
pills, taking Benadryl with them, and hallucinating at night and trashing
the apartment. He has even gotten out of the apartment, running around the
hall in his underwear at night. We cancelled our reservations, and DH is
heading up there now to try to resolve this issue. This is too dangerous,
and way out of hand. We can't leave.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Oh Karen! I'm sorry to hear about this! I hope your DH can resolve the
problem so that things calm down for your Dad.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
my ISP is earthlink.net
Old October 13th 03, 08:38 PM
Ruth in Happy Camp

Well, darn! Karen. If it is only the meds that are causing the problem, I
hope you can find someone to take charge of them. Good luck.
--
Ruth in Happy Camp

Old October 13th 03, 10:21 PM
Queen of Squishies

It's not the meds. that are technically causing the problem. It's my Dad
that's causing the problem by taking them the way he is. He's abusing them,
and lying about it, and the whole nine yards. Eventually we ARE going to
have to find someone to take charge of him. I see it coming.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old October 13th 03, 10:24 PM
Taria

I'm so sorry about your trip Karen. Hope you are able to come
to a workable situation for your dad. Probably a lesson here
for those of us who are younger to remember as we move
up in years. Making it easier for our kids would be a gift.
Taria