Old Singer SM

Old December 14th 03, 09:10 AM
Eveningrosequilt

Default Old Singer SM

Hi There,
Is there a web site that lists old Singers - models and model numbers, etc.

After listening to you gals I am getting itchy to buy another Singer. I do have
FW
I love it!

But I'd like so info on other models

Thanks a bunch,

Still quilting in cool Florida
Eve

Old December 14th 03, 12:43 PM
Kate Dicey

Start with Treadle on: http://www.treadleon.net
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old December 14th 03, 01:04 PM
Diana Curtis

http://www.ismacs.net/
http://www.needlebar.com/index.html
http://www.singerco.com/

And later, if you want to try to fix one up, there are some yahoo groups out
there for us fanatics... let us know!
Diana
--
Queen of FAQs
Royal Peace Maker

Old December 14th 03, 06:47 PM
M. Wetmore

Hi Eve:

Be careful, it can become addicting. Anyway, here's my favorite link.
It shows pictures of all the models. This is very helpful if you are
bidding on machines on E-Bay.

http://www.ismacs.net/singer/models.shtml

Be careful when bidding on E-Bay because I have seen sellers list
machines as "featherweight" when they are not. If you find a
particular machine you are interested in, and want to try bidding on
E-Bay, here are some hints:

1. Figure out how much the particular machine has sold for on E-Bay
by clicking on E-Bay's Search link and then on Advanced Search. Enter
the description of the machine (like "Singer Featherweight" or "Singer
201" and toggle the closed auctions button. This will show you what
these machines have sold for in the past on E-Bay. The only one that
isn't particularly helpful is the Featherweight since a Featherweight
in excellent condition can sell anywhere from $200 to $600. I haven't
been able to figure out why some go for so much money.

2. Figure out how much you are willing to spend on the machine.
Don't forget to factor shipping into the equasion. And always e-mail
the seller for a shipping quote if it is not stated in the auction. I
did this on my 15-91 in a cabinet. He gave me a quote of "$87 or
maybe less". He then wanted $120 in shipping from me at the end of
the auction. He did honor his quote since he would have been in
trouble with E-Bay if he hadn't.

3. Don't bid until the last 10 seconds of the auction. Bidding
before the end of the auction usually causes a bidding war to start
and inflates the price of the item. Sellers love it but it certainly
isn't good for the bidder.

4. Don't forget to check out a seller's feedback profile before
bidding. If you find a seller with a lot of negatives, but still a
pretty good overall rating, check out their negatives by going to:
http://www.haus.org/cgi-bin/negs. You may find a trend in their
negatives like "overcharges for shipping" or something like that.

5. Don't get discouraged if you don't win something on E-Bay.
Another one will come along shortly. I'm constantly amazed at how
many Featherweights there are for sale at any one time on E-Bay. It's
consistently somewhere around 30.

If you want any further E-Bay bidding tips, please feel free to e-mail
me privately. Just follow my e-mail instructions in my sig-line.

Mardi

On 14 Dec 2003 09:10:02 GMT,
(Eveningrosequilt) wrote:

Hi There,
Is there a web site that lists old Singers - models and model numbers, etc.

After listening to you gals I am getting itchy to buy another Singer. I do have
FW
I love it!

But I'd like so info on other models

Thanks a bunch,

Still quilting in cool Florida
Eve

Real e-mail address spelled out to prevent spam. mardi at mardiweb dot com.
____________________

My Quilting page:
http://www.mardiweb.com/quilts/MardiQuilts.html
Paint Shop Pro tutorials: http://www.mardiweb.com/web
Low-Fat Lifestyle Forum: http://www.mardiweb.com/lowfat
Old December 14th 03, 06:50 PM
Taria

There are some great SInger photos on my page:

http://home1.gte.net/res0yk6g/taria/index.htm

A 301 is a great machine to have.
Machines are very fun to collect and they are
not expensive as there are so many around.
Taria