Wisper advice needed

Old August 9th 05, 09:31 PM
Addie Otto

Default Wisper advice needed

I am stitching this piece
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...18192829ZRmBOR for a wedding
gift and I have changed the colour of the dress and cape to suit their
wedding. I have also decided to stitich the fur of the cape in Wisper. My
question is: Should I bother with the shading from the underside of the
cape as shown in the model
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...8197124WsUOYN? or will the
Wisper give enough shading on its own? Any advice? TIA

Addie

Old August 10th 05, 12:03 AM
Jacqueline Cahoon

I'd stitch all of the "fur" in appropriate shades of white or gary
Wisper.

Jacqueline

Old August 10th 05, 03:01 AM
Tia Mary

Addie Otto wrote:
I am stitching this piece
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...18192829ZRmBOR for a wedding
gift and I have changed the colour of the dress and cape to suit their
wedding. I have also decided to stitich the fur of the cape in Wisper. My
question is: Should I bother with the shading from the underside of the
cape as shown in the model
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...8197124WsUOYN? or will the
Wisper give enough shading on its own? Any advice? TIA

Addie

I have stitched a lot of stuff with Wisper and I know the dilemma
you face :-). Because the area to be stitched is so narrow, just one
shade of Wisper might not give you the shaded results shown in the
model. I certainly wouldn't use more than 2 shades of Wisper tho' --
that *is* a narrow section of stitching! Of course, if the difference
between white and the palest gray available is too great, you might want
to go ahead and just stitch it with just the white. I have a lot of
Wisper (mostly the colors suitable for pussy cats and hair) and I can't
remember how pale the palest gray actually is!
Also, on the woman's left -- will you be doing the underside of the
cape in Wisper or in regular floss? Just curious is this is to be a fur
trimmed cape or a fur trimmed and lined cape :-)! CiaoMeow ^;;^

--
PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^
their whiskers!
Old August 10th 05, 03:39 AM
Addie Otto

"Tia Mary" wrote in message
Addie Otto wrote:
[...]

Thank for the advice Tia Mary. I had been thinking that it would be just a
fur trimmed cape, but I have been working the bride and groom in silks and I
don't have the colours to do the inside of the cape in silks in the
white/blue range. I have no real preference over fur trimmed vs fur lined.
Fur lined might be more appropriate given our climate in Edmonton at New
Years which is when the wedding is.

I just had a thought that I might be able to blend one strand of DMC with
one strand of wisper to get the shading. Would this work???

Addie