Echo!! Not really OT -

Old February 3rd 07, 09:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kandice Seeber

Default Echo!! Not really OT -

It's super quiet here, lately!!

So, what do you all wanna talk about?

--
Kandice Seeber
www.lampwork.net

Old February 4th 07, 12:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Patti

On Feb 3, 4:12 pm, "Kandice Seeber" wrote:
It's super quiet here, lately!!

So, what do you all wanna talk about?

--
Kandice Seeberwww.lampwork.net

Not much is new here. After a great Fall/Winter of 50 and 60 degree
weather, the temperature has dropped to the 20's and below. My hands
are still trying to warm up after the sudden change.
I've been relaxing after the Christmas rush, trying to decide if
I'm going to continue to do craft fairs. So far all I've decided is
to make more etched dichroic glass pendants which are fun and selling
well. Here's a link to one of them: www.pattiwhiteley.com/
dichro3th.jpg I'm doing a jewelry party, class and sale later this
month and teaching a beading class at one of our other libraries in
May. It feels good to have some freedom back.
I've done a couple of bead exchanges on WetCanvas and they've been
fun. Great eye candy there as well.
Going to the International Flameworking Conference March 17 & 18
and then to the big bead shows in NYC the following weekend. I won't
be going out to Bead & Button this year. I'm debating about going to
the GAS (Glass Art Society) conference in Pittsburgh since it's so
close, well, if 6 and 1/2 hours away could be called close, this
year. Next year GAS is in Portland, hmm, I'd love to go to Portland
again...
That's all the news, such as it is.
What's new with you, Kandice? How are you feeling?
Patti

Old February 4th 07, 12:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Patti

link should be: www.pattiwhiteley.com/dichro3th.jpg

Old February 4th 07, 12:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

Those are pretty, Patti! I love the fish!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com
oups.com...

Old February 4th 07, 12:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

Well, I'm officially old. I got my first pair of bifocals today.
Hopefully, I'll get used to them. It will be nice to be able to read again!
(Kandice, you can laugh at us old people. I know you can't relate to this
at all!)

AND, I said goodbye to my wonderful foster dog, Hobie, today. SNIFF. I did
a home visit and am very comfortable with his new home, the couple that
adopted him, and their other two dogs. The husband is retired and takes
care of the home, their lake, fishpond, etc., so he's home with the dogs. I
really wanted to find a reason not to like them, and keep Hobie for myself!
He and Spike had become best buds.

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com
. ..

Old February 4th 07, 12:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
lyne

Well, it's finally warming up here, just a bit, into the high 40s and
low 50s, and I go on mornings at work next week, so...

I'm going out to the shed and get it cleaned up and ready to start
torching. Something's happening that I never thought would happen...
I'm getting tired of working with polymer clay. When the next issue of
Belle Armoire comes out my PolyDichroFusion beads will be in a how-to
article and I'm excited about that, but it means I'm giving away that
technique. That's fine though because I'm so ready to move on! I'll
still be lampworking on my Hot Head but that's ok, because I haven't
come close to doing all that can be done on that kind of torch. I'm
thinking about starting to list my clay canes for auction and just get
rid of them and make the complete transition to lampworking. I was
just getting rolling on learning and coming up with my own style when
I had to quit for the winter. So I'm really looking forward to getting
back to it! I'm still debating whether to just stick with Moretti and
Vetrofond glass or get more into Satake, which works so well on a Hot
Head torch because of the higher COE. Not sure yet. Maybe once I use
up all my Moretti. I need a lot of practice so it shouldn't take
long!

Old February 5th 07, 03:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kandice Seeber

What a pretty pendant!

I am doing okay - just pretty much trying to recuperate from a very busy and
stressful holiday season. I am glad spring is on the way.

Wish I were going to all the neat shows and events coming up! But we're
saving for a house, so we have to really keep the spending to a minimum,
which means no real travelling. Except in May - Ken and I celebrate our
10th anniversary, so we hope to be able to go to Vegas to visit some
friends. I've never been there - I'm really looking forward to it.

Anyway - that's about it for me!

--
Kandice Seeber
www.lampwork.net

oups.com...

Old February 5th 07, 03:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kandice Seeber

ROFL - can't relate??? Damn, I can't even see these days! I've had
bifocals before, but they really bothered me, so now I don't. But all this
beading and beadmaking and computer work sure speeds up the eye failure.

--
Kandice Seeber
www.lampwork.net

Old February 5th 07, 03:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kandice Seeber

I heard Satake works well on the Hot Head, too - and they have such pretty
colors!

--
Kandice Seeber
www.lampwork.net

oups.com...

Old February 5th 07, 01:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Patti

On Feb 4, 10:05 pm, "Kandice Seeber" wrote:
I heard Satake works well on the Hot Head, too - and they have such pretty
colors!

--
Kandice Seeberwww.lampwork.net- Hide quoted text -

-Kandice,

I have a Satake glass bead I bought from Leah Fairbanks. It is the
most lucious shade of pink! Just beautiful glass. It's one of the ones
I've collected (hoarded?) and only take out to admire.

Patti
www.pattiwhiteley.com