Corinabeads and challenges

Old September 3rd 04, 09:44 PM
Kalera Stratton

I'm sure I'll make good use of it... I am such a frit ho!

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Lori Greenberg wrote:
Olympic says it reduces too and suggested it as 'similar'. Maybe you'll be
able to come up with something!

Old September 3rd 04, 10:02 PM
Kandice Seeber

Ah. Two seperate words. Mkay - that I did not know. LOL

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

They use the noun "collectible" to describe items that have good resale
value, on shows like Antique Road Show, etc. The adjective "collectable"
refers to something worth collecting.

Tina

"Kandice Seeber" wrote in message
I never thought of the word collectible to refer to the resale value -

it
depends on the collector.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

You know, I really hate that word, "collectible", as well as the

concept.
It really kind of means that the value is in the *resale*, and not the

item
itself, not in the worthiness of the art.

In that context, I'd much rather pay $1,000 for beads for the art

value,
and
their value as good material for other art work, than pay $200 for a

doll
because someone else might take it off my hands for a comparable

value.

Tina

"Kalera Stratton" wrote in message
It's the difference, in a real-market kind of way, between art and
craft. They may be one and the same to the maker, but the collector

will
pay that kind of money for something they perceive as collectible

art.
think it's a wonderful step forward for lampwork as an art...

we're
already there as a craft, but we have yet to be truly accepted as a

fine
art. (I'm not saying that we're all artists, but there are some
lampworkers who are, and should be (and aren't) accepted as fine

artists).

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Dr. Sooz wrote:
The auction that closed for over $1000: http://snipurl.com/8rg1

do
her
site and read about her reaction to it)

Come ON. This is insane.
~~
Sooz

Old September 3rd 04, 11:30 PM
Kalera Stratton

Speaking of "one of the sellers"... THANK YOU, CAROLYN! You are so
gracious, and so generous to enthusiastically share your knowledge of glass!

This is her:
http://stores.andale.com/blueheelerglass

and this, too:
http://www.bluhealer.com

but wait, there's mo
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl... id=bluhealer

If you can't tell, I'm a fan. I'm also wearing a necklace right now made
from some glass leaves Chuck made.

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Kalera Stratton wrote:
And... I was totally wrong! One of the sellers shared on a public
forum... it's this:

http://snipurl.com/8udw

Now, what am I going to do with that 1/2 kilo of Gaffer Light Tobacco I
have on order? LOL!

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Kalera Stratton wrote:

How about this? (I could be wrong but...)

http://snipurl.com/8u3o

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Lori Greenberg wrote:

Kalera Stratton wrote:

AW!

(Make sure it's Gaffer)

Now you've got me confused. I could only find Zimmerman Opaque. I
guess I'll have to go look some more.

Lori-no-signature-yet-Greenberg

Old September 4th 04, 01:49 AM
Dr. Sooz

I could buy a 4 bedrom house here for $20,000!

Where is that? India?

HAW!
~~
Sooz
To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong. ~~Joseph Chilton
Pearce

Old September 4th 04, 01:50 AM
Dr. Sooz

Holy F***!!! Here, we pay $1300/mo. for a 1500 square foot 2 bedroom
without a garage!

I don't even want to HINT at what my rent is.
~~

Old September 4th 04, 01:50 AM
Dr. Sooz

I remember a time when I *swore* I would never spend more than ten bucks
for a pair of jeans.

In 1973 my rent was $48 a month. And the place was nice, too.
~~

Old September 4th 04, 01:52 AM
Dr. Sooz

But see, I don't want to live there. Or even near there. I like it here, and
I think housing costs are low for the joy and privilege of dwelling here. :-)

Real Estate in my area would send a die hard Cali resident to their
knees--lemme grab my local paper and share an ad or two with you guys.

"Three bedroom home on two acres.....Washer /dryer hookup, stove and refri,
two outbuildings. $22,000"
"Recently Remodeled...Brick and Vinyl, one bath, lg backyard w/chain link
fence, carport w/storage, utility room, hardwood floors. Great Starter
Home. $65,000"
"New House for sale, 2400 sq ft, 3/4 bdrms, lg bonus room,3 baths, hardwood
flooring, custom cabiners, jacuzzi tub. $169,000"
"2600 sq ft with partial finished basement, 4 bdrm, 4 bath, vaulted
ceilings, tile and wood floors, screended porch, 7yrs old

~~

Old September 4th 04, 04:16 AM
starlia

"Dr. Sooz" wrote in message
I could buy a 4 bedrom house here for $20,000!

Where is that? India?

At least we might be working for an American company if we moved there.

Old September 4th 04, 04:21 AM
Karen_AZ

At least we might be working for an American company if we moved there.

Heh, I could set you up with several transcription jobs.

KarenK

Old September 4th 04, 04:22 AM
starlia

That I can most definitely do.