Remove old glass frosting?

Old November 5th 04, 02:33 PM
Lissa

Default Remove old glass frosting?

I have a 9 paned window that was once sprayed with the glass
"frosting" for privacy. It was done at least 6 years ago before I
moved into my house. I found a can of it in the store and read how to
remove it. It said to use lacqur remover, paint thinner, acytate and
that kind of thing. I have tried all of them and nothing is helping!
It looks terrible! Can someone please suggest a sure fire way to
remove it? Thanks so much!

Lisa C.
Old November 5th 04, 02:45 PM
Javahut

"Lissa" wrote in message
om...
I have a 9 paned window that was once sprayed with the glass
"frosting" for privacy. It was done at least 6 years ago before I
moved into my house. I found a can of it in the store and read how to
remove it. It said to use lacqur remover, paint thinner, acytate and
that kind of thing. I have tried all of them and nothing is helping!
It looks terrible! Can someone please suggest a sure fire way to
remove it? Thanks so much!

Lisa C.

If Acetone or Xylene will not remove it, then you may have an etched window,
done with sandblast or acid etch, in which case you replace the glass.

Old November 5th 04, 02:49 PM
Ron Parker

On 5 Nov 2004 06:33:58 -0800, Lissa wrote:
I have a 9 paned window that was once sprayed with the glass
"frosting" for privacy. It was done at least 6 years ago before I
moved into my house. I found a can of it in the store and read how to
remove it. It said to use lacqur remover, paint thinner, acytate and
that kind of thing. I have tried all of them and nothing is helping!
It looks terrible! Can someone please suggest a sure fire way to
remove it? Thanks so much!

A brick and the phone number of a good glazer?

If you live in a cold climate, you might be able to find a brass-edged
ice scraper. If not, try a paint scraper (but be careful, because steel
can scratch your glass.)

--
plane{-z,-3normal{crackle scale.2#local a=5;#while(a)warp{repeat x flip x}rotate
z*60#local a=a-1;#end translate-9*x}pigment{rgb 1}}light_source{-9red 1rotate 60
Old November 5th 04, 03:52 PM
Charles Spitzer

"Ron Parker" wrote in message
.. .
On 5 Nov 2004 06:33:58 -0800, Lissa wrote:
I have a 9 paned window that was once sprayed with the glass
"frosting" for privacy. It was done at least 6 years ago before I
moved into my house. I found a can of it in the store and read how to
remove it. It said to use lacqur remover, paint thinner, acytate and
that kind of thing. I have tried all of them and nothing is helping!
It looks terrible! Can someone please suggest a sure fire way to
remove it? Thanks so much!

A brick and the phone number of a good glazer?

If you live in a cold climate, you might be able to find a brass-edged
ice scraper. If not, try a paint scraper (but be careful, because steel
can scratch your glass.)

single edged razor blade

Old November 7th 04, 03:08 AM
Lissa

I know it is frosted because the people that sold it to us said it was
and also said it was easy to remove. Hmmmm. It is scratched in places
and I can see through the glass. Looks like the razor blade may be the
trick...thanks!

om...