Corinabeads and challenges

Old August 31st 04, 04:37 AM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Default Corinabeads and challenges

Latest challenge - lots of eye candy: http://snipurl.com/8rfz

The auction that closed for over $1000: http://snipurl.com/8rg1 (to do her
site and read about her reaction to it)

And 2 current auctions that are already over $300 with days to go:

http://snipurl.com/8rg2

http://snipurl.com/8rg4

--
Barbara

Old August 31st 04, 06:16 AM
~Candace~

http://snipurl.com/8rg2

Hehehehehehehehehehe Corina can't spell.
It makes me giggle to see someone with such masterful talent do something so
human as mess up the word that says it all--Lampwork. (Lamwork?)

--
~Candace~

Orphan Beads ~low cost and bartering for the financially challenged beader~
http://snipurl.com/6s4t

Old September 2nd 04, 06:24 AM
Kalera Stratton

She's pretty damn human, all right! That's a fine quality, I like
people who walk around with their humanity showing. I would have been
thinking the same thing, if it had been my auction... "Holy crap,
they're only BEADS!"

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Old August 31st 04, 11:14 AM
lgreene

oh lordy...i am such a black and white bead ho! not so impressed with
"africa" beads, but i love these:
http://snipurl.com/8rg2

Have never been much impressed with Corinabeads before, but oooh la la.

Lisa

Old August 31st 04, 05:38 PM
Dr. Sooz

The auction that closed for over $1000: http://snipurl.com/8rg1 (to do her
site and read about her reaction to it)

Come ON. This is insane.
~~
Sooz
Old September 2nd 04, 06:27 AM
Kalera Stratton

It's the difference, in a real-market kind of way, between art and
craft. They may be one and the same to the maker, but the collector will
pay that kind of money for something they perceive as collectible art. I
think it's a wonderful step forward for lampwork as an art... we're
already there as a craft, but we have yet to be truly accepted as a fine
art. (I'm not saying that we're all artists, but there are some
lampworkers who are, and should be (and aren't) accepted as fine artists).

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Old September 2nd 04, 07:22 PM
Dr. Sooz

the collector will
pay that kind of money for something they perceive as collectible art. I
think it's a wonderful step forward for lampwork as an art... we're
already there as a craft, but we have yet to be truly accepted as a fine
art. (I'm not saying that we're all artists, but there are some
lampworkers who are, and should be (and aren't) accepted as fine artists).

-Kalera

Even though I do hear some kvetching here and there (I don't mean in this
thread) about Corina's beads not being all-that, I do think her beads are art
as opposed to craft. Not every set of hers, but that's okay. Her stuff is
head-and-shoulders above the majority of other lampworkers, and I think the
inspiration and discovery is obvious in her glass. But it's an opinion, so
feel free to disagree. (I also think there're some sour grapes out there in
the Corina-kvetching....)
~~
Sooz
Old September 3rd 04, 04:50 AM
Kandice Seeber

I agree. I don't like all of Corina's sets, but that's a subjective
thing. There are sets of hers that I like way more than the one we're
talking about, but that's a personal preference thing. When someone falls
in love with something and has to have it no matter what, that's good for
everyone.
I just hope everyone can remember that Corina is a person and she sees all
of this and has feelings about it. People should read the chats on her
website, because there are some people really trash talking her, and it's
really uncalled-for. (Not here, of course, we're pretty good about
respecting people for the most part)
Here's her page, the chat is Wednesday:
http://www.corinabeads.com/

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old September 3rd 04, 05:10 AM
starlia

It's a shame that folks bash her. I'm not saying I don't think some of the
same things about some folks being better than Corina. I think it's hurtful
to say those things in a very public forum. I'm actually happy she received
such a high bid. Yes there is a cult around Corina that I'm hard pressed to
understand but don't we all kinda want the same thing?

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

Old September 3rd 04, 07:31 PM
Dr. Sooz

I love reading Corina's chats, and HER DOGS JUST KILL MEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Scooter & Bonzo:
http://snipurl.com/8ui8
Three are photos of them all over her site, but I still want MORE!

I just hope everyone can remember that Corina is a person and she sees all
of this and has feelings about it. People should read the chats on her
website

~~
Sooz
"Try to define soul in a way that everyone agrees on, and then maybe we'll have
a basis for defining art." Kalera Stratton, glass artist