OT - Glass Pipes - if you're not offended, look at this art!

Old September 28th 04, 09:31 PM
Kalera Stratton

Well, we DO smell, but that's just because our spouses keep us locked in
sheds and basements, sweating over hot torches!

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Dr. Sooz wrote:
No no no! I don't like those swarthy, icky lampworkers, and I don't wanna go.
:-P

finger tapping temple... Hmmmm...... But why would it have to be
only a "lampwork retreat"? Am I having a brain-fart or did I miss part
of this thread??

Us beaders would wanna come, too!

~~
Sooz
To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong. ~~Joseph Chilton
Pearce

Old September 28th 04, 09:32 PM
Kalera Stratton

I've never been to Europe! Farthest I've ever been from home was Vermont.

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Kathy N-V wrote:
On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 22:52:42 -0400, Kalera Stratton wrote
(in message ):

Oooooh, castles! I've never seen one. Not a real one.

Mi Scusi? That's shocking - I mean it, really shocking. By the time
Manda was five, she had been so castled out that she begged "not
another castle or cathedral, Mama!"

When I get well enough, I'm arranging the "Kath's tour of Eurpoe."
Can't guarantee you'll learn a lot, but you'll have fun, and gain
weight (probably find a bead or two in the process, too).

No castles? I'm amazed.

Kathy N-V

Old September 28th 04, 09:33 PM
Kalera Stratton

I've been to Canada, but that's hard to avoid since I used to live where
I could throw a rock to it.

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

starlia wrote:
I'm all in for that trip! At least I've been to Canada and Mexico. LOL

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

Old September 28th 04, 09:39 PM
Dr. Sooz

Well, we DO smell, but that's just because our spouses keep us locked in
sheds and basements, sweating over hot torches!

Oh man, no wonder Moxley liked the scent of that tweed jacket so much!
barfo :-P

~~

Old September 29th 04, 03:38 PM
Charlie

That's what we have over here. It doesn't work.

Charlie.

"Christina Peterson" wrote in message
The best tactic to date to lower drug use AND save tax money, was setting

up
free treatment (including inpatient) for drugs and alcohol. It was

Reagan's
idea, and help his popularity for his second term. Then he declared war

and
****ed things up.

Tina

"Charlie" wrote in message
I'm not sure if it should be legal, but I think people have a right to

do
it
if they want. I mean, I don't really care if other people balls their

own
health up - so long as they don't clog up MY NHS doing it (which they
currently do). People who abuse their bodies should not get free health
care.

Charlie.

"Su/Cutworks" wrote in message
Karen_AZ wrote:

It's economics that drive such things, not civil justice.

Economics and Puritan/Victorian morals. You KNOW if they could just

shrug,
legalize it and charge a huge consumption tax on it, the politicians

would
be delighted. (It's certainly beginning to work that way with

gambling.)
But
at least here in the US there are way too many "causes" who can't

quite
leave other people's indulgences alone, whatever they are. I'm not
condoning
general legalization of street drugs, BTW (though I pretty much

believe
in
Darwinism in action LOL), but pointing out that it's a bit more
complicated
than pure economics.

Well, it is definitely more than pure economics but everything boils

down
money one way or another. The poppy fields in Afghanistan could and

should
be shut down but it boils down to money there too.

I never realized until I came to the UK just how much they benefitted

from
all the Puritans leaving in a snit (yeah, and the Mayflower too...)

The
US
got guilt, the English got maypoles. Not exactly a fair result, at

least
for everyone over there in the US.

Personally I have no problem with legalizing marijuana, if it's

treated
like
alchol then great, tax the hell out of it and use the money to fund

schools.

-Su

Old September 29th 04, 09:29 PM
Christina Peterson

The medical model did work here. Addiction and drug related crime
decreased, for the first time. It is the only thing that had any effect.
The "war on drugs" has had the effect of turning the progress upside down.
Funny that the president who applied the most effective program, is the same
one who began the current, least effective program in his second term.

Tina

glass color change calford Beads 8 April 4th 04 07:26 AM
[AD] NEW AT TRASH CITY - Hearts, Glass Pearls, Chandeliers, Multi Strand Bali Spacers Trashcitybeads Beads 0 February 12th 04 08:31 PM
For those who want to know.. Making Beach Glass With Your Tumbler! Harry Beads 7 December 22nd 03 09:19 PM
AD-December 6-7, 2003 Cleveland, OH Great Lakes States Intergalactic Bead Festival Phineas T Beadd Director National Bead Society Beads 5 December 5th 03 04:32 AM
Lampworkers meijhana Beads 46 September 27th 03 04:14 AM