Very OT - Fahrenheit 9/11

Old June 28th 04, 05:24 AM
Lori Greenberg

I'll admit that I'm not a Bush fan, but I would not recommend that anyone
see this movie in order to sway them politically.

I don't care what kind of media is it, but it is all slanted to some degree.

Movies like this are more about personal opinion and personal emotion.
Lucky for Michael Moore that he has the means to get his opinions and
feelings out to the masses but the other side can be just as ugly. Get a
good director, producer and editor and the other side can fight back just as
well. Look at a.m. talk radio.

If anything is strong enough and put in your face enough, it will have some
impression on you. What if the other side did the same thing with the issue
of abortion? That's only one issue. They could make it pretty gruesome,
don't you think? If they filled a couple hours on the big screen and you
were bombarded with so many images you might walk out thinking, wow, what
are they doing to this country? Where is it going under the democrats?
(btw, I'm not advocating either way for the abortion issue...it's just an
example).

I would call on everyone to consider your sources and not look to Hollywood
to help you decide anything. Please.

Sorry, had to do it.

--
--------------------------------------
Lori Greenberg

"Beadseeker" wrote in message
May I call upon everyone to think about going to see Farhenheit 9/11? It

is
truly an amazing movie, filled with information about the current
administration which has been hidden from the public..
Patti

Old June 28th 04, 05:33 AM
starlia

I do understand what the movie is about. Unfortunately.

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

"Cheryl" wrote in message

gave me a million bucks. I know what happened on 9/11. My oldest

daughter
turned 14 and my life changed that day. I know it did for many

Americans.

Uh--I'm afraid that you don't understand what the movie is about ---it is

NOT
really about what happened THAT DAY - but what happened before and

AFTER...
I suggest you see it....

Cheryl
DRAGON BEADS
Flameworked beads and glass
http://www.dragonbeads.com/

Old June 28th 04, 07:14 AM
Dr. Sooz

I won't go see it because I know it will kill me to view it. I'm an
eco-feminist liberal, and I don't want to know. I am also a retired activist
(due to health reasons), and stress makes my illness a lot worse. I just hope
a lot of people DO SEE IT. Please.

FAQ's from the site:
http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/latestnews/f911facts/

~~
Sooz
Old June 28th 04, 07:16 AM
Dr. Sooz

We do have free speech here but let's face it - if you get more than two
people in a common setting, there are going to be political diagreements.

And if it's disagreeable, just killfile this thread. Couldn't be easier.
Instead af muzzling each other, don't read this thread at all.

That's a sight more fair than telling others what to do -- and face it, we can
only change ourselves. Changing others is 1) too damn hard! and 2) none of our
business. (Though I know I'm guilty of it myself.)
~~
Sooz
Old June 28th 04, 07:17 AM
Dr. Sooz

Bush and his buddies are only interested in one thing - money

YES YES YES YES YES.
~~
Sooz
Old June 28th 04, 07:19 AM
Dr. Sooz

Actually, and I don't mean this snotty, but I wouldn't see it if someone
gave me a million bucks. I know what happened on 9/11.

Well....you're assuming you know what this movie's about, Starlia. That's only
a small part of it. Of course you know that. But the movie wouldn't need to
be made if that were all it was about -- we all watched enough TV to choke a
horse back then.
~~
Sooz
Old June 28th 04, 12:25 PM
JoAnn Paules

Amen, Sister, Amen!

And this is the last I'm adding to this thread. :-)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Dr. Sooz" wrote in message
We do have free speech here but let's face it - if you get more than two
people in a common setting, there are going to be political diagreements.

And if it's disagreeable, just killfile this thread. Couldn't be easier.
Instead af muzzling each other, don't read this thread at all.

That's a sight more fair than telling others what to do -- and face it, we
can
only change ourselves. Changing others is 1) too damn hard! and 2) none
of our
business. (Though I know I'm guilty of it myself.)
~~
Sooz

---

Old June 28th 04, 02:23 PM
Karen_AZ

I would call on everyone to consider your sources and not look to Hollywood
to help you decide anything. Please.

Amen. I wouldn't give Michael Moore money if he held a gun to my head.

KarenK

Old June 28th 04, 02:53 PM
Jan G

We went. The audience applauded. It was very moving and very thought
provoking. I am sure there were some things that were exaggerated, but he
backed up much of what was said. But it didn't change my mind and I did not
use it as a political opinion. It reinforced what I have thought for some
time. There has to be a change or we will loose all of our rights. I have
been involved in some things and keeping my eye on the Patriot Act and it's
side versions not many people know about like the Extradition Treaty that
might be signed with several countties that could allow American Citizens to
be extradited at the request of a foreign power. As someone who has worked
for Civil Rights in another country, I find the idea that I could be sent
there and interned for my work very upsetting!
JanG

Old June 28th 04, 03:35 PM
Kandice Seeber

Well, in the OP's defense, there *is* an OT in the subject of this thread.
OT posts are allowed here, and we talk about politics a lot on this
newsgroup.
No reason to leave, Patti - your post was really just fine, IMO.
If you don't wish to talk politics, killfile the thread.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

I believe that we'd all be better off if we left politics off this board,
even if prefaced by OT. Let's stick to beads! PLEEZE

You know, I think I'd be bettter off by leaving this board.I was under

the
impression that we had free speech in this country, but I guess not on

this
board.
goodbye.
Patti