You know what? Crucify me, but it's true

Old July 26th 05, 01:11 AM
Kalera

Margie, I really like and respect you, but that really doesn't affect
the way I feel about Starlia, or the reasons I feel that way, or my
belief that making my feelings public is the right thing for me to do.
I'm glad Starlia has helped you; may you never feel anything but warmth
toward her. However, I want my name distanced from hers.

Margie wrote:
This is really a reply to everyone. I am 60 years old and have always
been a professional. I am so upset at the attacks by so many in the
lampworking community. I do business with some of you and I am
questioning if I should continue. People have problems and sometimes
it may take time to straighten them all out but none of you know
Starlia personally, I DO. If it weren't for her I would be sitting in
my house all the time because I am handicapped and can't drive. She is
kind and always considerate. She makes sure I get where I need to go
and worries about me when I am sick and in the hospital like last week.
If she had financial problems and couldn't handle something there was
a reason. Unless this personallty affected you don't drag her name
through the mud. I never look at other peoples beads because I'm to
busy with my own, but I am afraid to put beads up for sale that I might
step on someone's feelings. There is not a color combination or style
that has not been made by someone at some time. My sister was a
lampworker before most of you ever thought of being one. She
lampworked over 25 years ago. She has taught me to make a rose that I
am afraid to put up for sale because someone might say OH, SHE COPPIED
ME. This industry should try to spend their time trying to make it
easier and better with education, not tearing someone down. Starlia
has feelings and this has been horrible for her. I will always stand
by her as I actually KNOW HER PERSONALLY. Margie Wells
(Victoriantreasures2)

--
-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
Old July 26th 05, 02:42 AM
Kandice Seeber

People have talked about Starlia over on WC as well - and there are a ton of
lampworkers who read that forum.

--
Kandice Seeber
www.lampwork.net

The lampwork community is, indeed, must broader than this place. However,
the lampworking community is not as large as many people believe it is,
and it's far more tightly-knit. It is not only on RCB that people see and
question your behavior. I have never brought you up to non-RCB people...
but nonetheless I've heard others talk about you. At ISGB meetings. Your
customers talk. Your actions speak for themselves and create a reputation
for you, completely independent of me or anyone on RCB.

starlia wrote:
Su sorry you feel that way. They are your feelings. As far as the
entire lampwork community goes, it's much, much broader than this place.

--
-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com

Old July 27th 05, 02:20 AM
Christina Peterson

Hi Margie, I am neither agreeing nor disagreeing with you.

I just want to point something I see from my own experience. Starlia needs
to take care of herself, not others. Or more particularly, she needs to
take care of her own needs, before she takes care of her wants or of other
people's needs. We all need to do this, and some of us have a harder time
with it than others do. I have a hard time with it. Ironically, it shows
that the person has an insufficient sense of self. Too little ego.

Used to be that everyone loved me for being so sweet and caring, but I
couldn't take care of myself (especially bills, etc).

I too think a good psychologist would help her. Of course I think that
about a lot of people.

Tina

ups.com...

True Newbie.. CJ Quilting 11 February 13th 04 05:34 PM
OT - phone scam apparently true Queen of Squishies Quilting 0 January 6th 04 09:27 PM
So true......... CNYstitcher Quilting 0 September 24th 03 02:48 AM