OT I'm LIVID - my first negative feedback

Old June 26th 05, 07:33 AM
Dr. Sooz

Kandice, it's really hard to get your negative-feedback cherry busted.
I know, I was freaked when mine was broken. But I *still* have only
*one* negative feedback......and I have gotten over it. Completely.
Only time will ease the ache, and give you a better perspective on the
whole ugly thing.

The thing is -- you only have one neg out of how many feedbacks?
Everyone who's been on eBay for any length of time will just ignore it
completely. I know it feels like a huge smear. I'm not saying you
shouldn't feel awful. However, I *am* saying that it will, one day,
seem like less of a catastrophe -- indeed, it won't seem like much of
anything at all. At first, it's the shock that gets you; then it's the
unfairness. Then it's anger! And finally you simmer and boil with the
injustice of it all.

Boy would I put her on your no-buyer list! And I wonder if she really
got called out of town on a family emergency. Could be she's just
saying that because she felt like going to the beach for a spontaneous
week. Whatever the case, she's a flake for not contacting you over
such beautiful beads! What did she think, you're in business just to
wait on HER hand and foot? It's such bull****.

I would LOVE to read her feedback record..........
BIG BIG HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love you~
Sooz

Old June 26th 05, 07:41 AM
Dr. Sooz

~Thank you Denise. I don't think this really warrants any kind of
legal
action - it's not that big of an issue in the grand scheme of things.

Yeah -- but a letter from an attorney would scare the sweat right out
of her pits. That would be worth the $25, IMO.

Old June 26th 05, 07:49 AM
Jeanne Burton

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 17:57:20 +1200, "Marisa Cappetta"
wrote:

You have catagories too? That's amazing. We get that too. At the moment
everyone is making jackets and buying fancy buttons. Or changing the buttons
on existing jackets to make them a bit more stylish. The button counter is
crowded.

I don't know a lot about what is going on in the apparel side of the
store, since I am the "decorator"...I swear the girls over there spend
hours just figuring out where to move the fabric to make me look
stupid when I take a customer over there G

The trouble is that sewing is a dying art. I spend a lot of time explaining
the basics to people. Which I don't mind, at all, I love to help. I love to
promote the art, it gives me great pleasure. It's the customer that won't
listen which can make the day difficult.

I spend a lot of time working with young people. I've seen a GREAT
resurgence in all sorts of crafting, sewing included, in the 12-16
year old group. I have a 10 year old that I set up with a "special
discount" similar to our schoolteacher's card, because she's making
fleece blankets and selling them. She's made enough to buy her own
violin, and now is paying for her lessons. I have a 15 year old with
her own checking account who comes in and buys 50-75 yards of
*expensive* fabrics about once a month. She's a straight-A student
who has a very lucrative business on the side making tote bags and
purses, custom, at school and at home parties. She also consigns in 3
or 4 stores.

What drives me up the wall is when they ask
advice and refuse to listen to it and get stroppy on top of that.

You mean like the girl who needed a VERY fitted equestrian jacket for
a horse show the other day? I looked at her pattern to give her an
opinion on if the fabrics were appropriate, and noticed that the
pattern was a Vogue 6-8 size. This girl was thin, but NOT a 6-8.
(Example. I'm, at the moment, wearing size 8 pants from Express. I
wear a size 14 pattern.) I suggested they measure her and look at the
pattern measurements because it wouldn't fit. Mommy announced that
dear daughter had been a size 7 since she was 13, and would be one
till she was 50, and she didn't care to be insulted by any suggestion
that her daughter was NOT a size 7. Then they stormed out. My
manager was convulsed with laughter next to me, thank heavens, because
they WERE the type to call and complain...

Then there is the customer who made a jacket and isn't happy with the way it
turned out. She brings it in and we spend sometime looking at trims and
buttons and a couple of simple re-styling tricks and she walks out liking
her jacket after all. That's a good day! Or the lady who is getting married
on a tight budget and we find her a lovely combination of satin and organza
and I find out she's also a step-mum and we bond and both walk away feeling
like the day was about more than buying and selling a bit of fabric. That's
an even better day.

Ohyeah...
I have 6 letters hanging on the bulletin boards in the break room from
customers who have taken the time this month to write to corporate
about me. They're embarrassing...service is dead in this culture
these days...when people get it, they're overwhelmed. It's sad,
really.

Jeanne
Old June 26th 05, 07:52 AM
Kandice Seeber

Oh, WOW! Yep, I'm really glad I don't have to worry about running into
people most of the time.

--
Kandice Seeber
www.lampwork.net
"Marisa Cappetta" wrote in message
The tricky part about ****ing off a customer face to face is running into
them in the supermarket, like I just did 20 minutes ago. I could see she
still thinks I'm a blithering idiot This woman admitted to knowing
nothing about sewing and then wouldn't listen to my advice, even though
she
asked for it. Oi. Save me from the stupid people.

At least you don't have to see that! That's one of the great things about
on
line trading. Relative anonymity may embolden a snotty customer to make
horrid remarks, but at least you never have to look at them again, that's
very good thing, trust me.
Marisa AU/NZ

"Kandice Seeber" wrote in message
Yep, I did. I just wanted to vent about it. I was very business-like
and
level headed in both rebuttals (even though I was hopping mad). Venting

here
made me feel better. You guys are always a great help when it comes
that.

--
Kandice Seeber
www.lampwork.net

message
Sweetie, leave a rebuttal and let it go. I know it's so hard. On Friday

managed to completely **** off a customer, in spite of spending 20

minutes
trying to help her. I mean really, really trying. She was still ****ed
off.
I would like to say I make all my customers happy, but nothing in life

is
perfect. You're unlikely to loose business because of it. I do know

how
you feel though, hon, it's yucky.
Marisa AU/NZ

Old June 26th 05, 08:01 AM
Kandice Seeber

Answers inline....

Kandice, it's really hard to get your negative-feedback cherry busted.
I know, I was freaked when mine was broken. But I *still* have only
*one* negative feedback......and I have gotten over it. Completely.
Only time will ease the ache, and give you a better perspective on the
whole ugly thing.

Oh, yes - time is definitely the key. Ken took me out to dinner and I
feel much better now. Talking to you guys about it helps a lot too.

The thing is -- you only have one neg out of how many feedbacks?
Everyone who's been on eBay for any length of time will just ignore it
completely. I know it feels like a huge smear. I'm not saying you
shouldn't feel awful. However, I *am* saying that it will, one day,
seem like less of a catastrophe -- indeed, it won't seem like much of
anything at all. At first, it's the shock that gets you; then it's the
unfairness. Then it's anger! And finally you simmer and boil with the
injustice of it all.

Oh, definitely. I'm still ticked about it a little bit, but hopefully we
can either mutually agree to withdraw the feedback strike with ebay's system
and move on, or I can just let it go. And hope customers don't take it too
hard.

Boy would I put her on your no-buyer list!

Oh, already done, believe me.

And I wonder if she really
got called out of town on a family emergency. Could be she's just
saying that because she felt like going to the beach for a spontaneous
week.

Possibly. Someone did write to me letting me know that she had dealt with
this customer too, and that they paid slowly several months ago due to a
family crisis. But I can't judge really because it could be the truth.
Stuff happens.

Whatever the case, she's a flake for not contacting you over
such beautiful beads!

LOL well, I can understand not contacting me about the beads, but if the
crisis was so major that she couldn't contact me, why make such a big deal
about it now? If I were having a crisis, I would not be bothered by a
negative feedback and not being able to complete the transaction. Ebay's not
more important than family. I would simply email the seller afterwards when
I got a free moment, let them know about the crisis, apologize about not
being able to complete the transaction, take the neg feedback like an adult
and move on. But not everyone sees it that way. She still wanted the beads,
and wanted me to pull them from auction to let her have them, adn then
wanted me to wait another week to ten days for her to pay.

What did she think, you're in business just to
wait on HER hand and foot? It's such bull****.

LOL My customers are very important to me, but yes, I think she asked
for a little too much.

I would LOVE to read her feedback record..........

Not much of one - She only has an 11 - 12 positives and my negative.

BIG BIG HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(((((((hugs))))))) to you too, sweetheart.
Thanks for the encouragement!!

--
Kandice Seeber
www.lampwork.net

Old June 26th 05, 08:02 AM
Kandice Seeber

ROFL - funny mental image!!

--
Kandice Seeber
www.lampwork.net
oups.com...

Old June 26th 05, 08:50 AM
Jeanne Burton

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 19:30:33 +1200, "Marisa Cappetta"
wrote:

Service is one of the reasons people keep coming back to our store. One of
the main hiring conditions is that the potential employee must have a good
knowledge of garment construction.

I work at Hancock. Everyone there sews. It's required. OTOH, I
interviewed at JoAnn. They asked me what I wanted to do there...I was
enthusiastic about promoting sewing, teaching, etc. I was coldly told
that I was there to cut fabric, and to take money. I was NOT there to
"waste my time" gabbing with customers. I have a friend who was
fired from JoAnn for answering a question about how to use a product
they sold...and she was a manager.

That we have several fashion design schools in the city keeps the garment
side of the industry fairly lively. And I'm astonished at the amount of
craft cotton we get through - patch working is a world wide phenomenon.

My mom will be doing a 5 week quilting/teaching tour of Oz/North
Island NZ this winter. I believe she's flying into Canberra and
flying out of Sydney, though I could be wrong. She'll be on
homesteads, staying with families and teaching for 3 or 4 days, then
being flown in bush planes/driven to the next stop. She'll also be
selling her patterns and books and judging several shows. She can't
wait. Next year she'll be teaching in South Africa.
Yeah, quilting is pretty universal, though I've been told by reliable
sources that there are only 2 indigenous American arts - Dixieland
Jazz Music, and Patchwork Quilting...

Ah yes, the size snob. Love 'em. I usually whip that tape measure out fast
and flip it 'round those hips pretty darn quick. Ole quick draw, they call
me! I tell them to think of me like their doctor - I might know their
secrets but would never tell! In all seriousness, I find we need to take a
lot more hip measurements with the advent of warp stretch. The pattern
companies still don't give the quantities for warp stretch. I keep meaning
to write to them and say they need to start including this.

If I touched a customer without permission, I'd probably get sued
after I got fired. I can't. But most people ask for help when I
mention size disparities...

Jean, what is going on with waistbands? Have you noticed that the pattern
pieces are always too short for the actual skirt or pants?

I really can't answer that only because I haven't used a commercial
pattern in years...I drape my own, and I make next to no modern
garments. Most of the stuff I make dates to, at latest, 1600. In
fact, it's a local store joke that while I don't even balk at working
by hand on "the bodice of 30,000 garnets", which I'm handbeading for
the next 10 years, or at hand-sewing a hem that's 15 feet around, I
have NO idea how to put a zipper in. I haven't done one since I was
about 14. And I really don't plan on learning how...

Jeanne
Old June 26th 05, 09:15 AM
Polly S.

Dr. Sooz wrote:

Boy would I put her on your no-buyer list! And I wonder if she really
got called out of town on a family emergency. Could be she's just
saying that because she felt like going to the beach for a spontaneous
week. Whatever the case, she's a flake for not contacting you over
such beautiful beads! What did she think, you're in business just to
wait on HER hand and foot? It's such bull****.

I would LOVE to read her feedback record..........
BIG BIG HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Funny thing is that it seems she has been a member since 1999 but she
only has 11 feedbacks (14 transactions). She must be totally clueless
that ebay is a community where certain behaviors are not only expected
but required. And that is NO excuse!!!

She needs to do her homework and realize real quick that you may get
away with this attitude and behavior in real life (with family, friends,
merchants) but in the community of ebay it is all about business,
period. One more time, with so few transactions under her belt, and she
will find herself excluded from auctions and denied the right to bid.

Polly

--
Polly
Old June 26th 05, 09:46 AM
Su

Don't forget, Kandice, we all know who it is now. And we can keep an
eye on that ID if it bids on other auctions. It's a much smaller
community than some people realize.

-Su

Old June 26th 05, 12:30 PM
E J Ralph

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 14:42:49 -0700, "Kandice Seeber"
wrote:

Venting follows - feel free to skip if you don't want to hear my whining.

I'm breaking my own rule about not posting anything negative about a
customer. I know that. But, I'm so mad, I could spit nails. I just got my
first negative feedback on my ebay account. It's completely retaliatory no
less.

It's from the person who didn't respond or pay for the Mint Blossoms set
that I relisted recently. She finally contacted me letting me know she was
back in town, that she'd had a family emergency. This was after I had filed
the NPB and relisted the beads. She wanted to know if she could still buy
the beads, and if I could wait a week while she got her finances together.
I was very nice to her - saying I understood that emergencies happen, that I
hoped things got better for her, but that I was sorry - I had already
relisted the beads on ebay and could not sell them to her.

Well, she finally responded back after 5 days saying that I didn't care
about customers, that I only cared about money. And that I was hard to
contact (?????). Then she left the negative feedback.

Hard to contact? I have emailed her several times, and answered every thing
she's contacted me about on the day she contacted me. What on earth did I
do wrong here? I had no idea if I was ever going to hear from her until
after I had relisted the beads. I relisted well after the 7 day waiting
period I give everyone, which is written clearly in my auction description.
All the buyer has to do is contact me within 7 days. I am very leniant as
to payment - if they need longer, I can almost always work something out.
But 7 days without any kind of contact is my limit. I have too many other
customers wanting my beads to continue to hold something indefinitely.

I waited 8 days before relisting and even longer before leaving her negative
feedback. I didn't hear from her for 10 days. ****sigh**** I can no
longer be proud of a 100% feedback rating. This really makes me angry.

I am sure there are people who are going to say that I didn't wait long
enough. But you know what? Why should I hold beads indefinitely when I
have so many wonderful customers who are willing to contact me right after
the sale and pay within a reasonable amount of time? Maybe I have been
spoiled - but honestly, if I would have heard from this person on time I
would have worked out a payment arrangement with her based on the family
emergecy. I'm not heartless. Damn it.

I feel your frustration Kandice,

But as others have said - one negative means nothing. Anyone with a
brain can figure out the real negatives on ebay from the "that buyer
has a personality problem" ones!

I haven't had a neg myself (yet) but I had a similar thing with a
seller on ebay doing a negative (anonymous) review of my book because
I wouldn't share certain polymer clay techniques with her. At first it
is very hurtful and makes you angry - but you just gotta figure - what
is their life like if they go around blaming others all the time
instead of being adult about these situations? They are the losers in
the long run because they obviously have a lot of anger and negativity
inside them.

Like Su said, we cant allow ourselves to be held to ransom over these
things. Your beads are beautiful - your reputation is excellent and
one silly negative on ebay will not even touch the sides. It means
nothing - put her on your blocked bidders and enjoy the fact that
those beads went to a much better home in the end anyway!

Emma
www.ejrbeads.co.uk