Introductions! OT

Old April 14th 04, 06:47 PM
Karen_AZ

I'll tag this on because I accidentally deleted the original thread.

I'm Karen (between official last names at the moment). Divorced, engaged,
mom of 2 (15 yo DD and 11 yo DS). Originally from PA, now happily in AZ
(east of Phoenix). I live with the Best Guy Ever (Mike) and we're getting
married in October. Oh, and my birthday is July 7.

I've been making jewelry since I was 14 (back in the days of liquid silver
and carved animals). Digressed to be a serious fiberholic for many years
(spinning, weaving, dyeing, and knitting). About 10 years ago my niece
turned me on to polymer clay, which led back to jewelry, which led to
lampwork. Now I melt glass for a living. Life is good. G I still spin
sometimes for relaxation, and occasionally knit socks and gloves (utterly
useless in the desert LOL). I also play piano and classical guitar.

I'm an avid sci-fi reader, also like a good mystery. Mike and I are tag-team
cooks when we have a chance (mostly weekends). We're currently in an
apartment, and planning (fingers crossed) to buy a brand new house at the
end of the year (gods and mortgage officers willing).

I've been told I have a twisted sense of humor. Matches the rest of me, I
guess. G

--
KarenK
www.desertdreameraz.com

Old April 14th 04, 10:14 PM
roxan

My name is Roxan and I live near Harrisburg Pa. I have 2 dogs Andy and Toby,
one Amozon blue front parot called baby and a husband. I am a hairdresser by
trade and an artist. I have been beading for about 12 years which is just
another expression on my art. I enjoy this NG because I hear about the
lastest things going on in the bead world. Since I don't have a bead store
near me I attend a lot of show to shop. I am a big animal lover and devote a
lot of my time doing work at shelters and helping wildlife back into nature.
My birthday is January 25th. and I am 59 years young.
Roxan

Old April 14th 04, 11:58 PM
Beth

Oh yeah.. I forgot mine too... May 18th

Beth
"Beadbimbo" wrote in message
Lol! I'm Nov. 29.

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

"Dr. Sooz" wrote in message
Everyone's forgetting their birthdays......Hey! Don't make me come down

(or
up, or over) there!
~~
Sooz
-------
"Those in the cheaper seats clap. The rest of you rattle your jewelry."

John
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links

Old April 15th 04, 12:50 AM
Valerie

Cutest child on the planet, lol.

It's true, I swear! I've seen the cutie pie in person! :-D He's also the Most
Well Behaved Baby on the *entire* planet too.

Valerie
http://www.valeriebeads.com
RCB FAQ: http://www.valeriebeads.com/FAQ.html
Check out my site for the RCB Member Links! E-mail me for details on
submission!

Old April 15th 04, 05:00 AM
KDK

Well lets see here....

I'm Kathy K, currently in Asheville NC (where apparently nature is not sure
what season it is - there was snow on the mountain tops today). Birthday is
5-17-66, and yes I can be stubborn like Taurus I live with 2 cats Calybe
and Lilea (sisters). I have had them almost 2 years now. (one is currently
in my lap and the other is front of the computer screen).
I have a DBF in north Atlanta that I met online (yes I moved from Atlanta to
Ashveille so I can meet someone from Atlanta - go figure!)

I've been beading off and on since I was a kid - thanks to my arts and
crafty and very creative Mom. I found RCB a little over a year ago and
WOW - have I learned a lot! I had never heard of lampwork unitl then - now
i buy it like crazy and am learning to make my own. I do mostly stringing
work - necklaces, and earrings, and every now and then a bracelet. i work
with seed beads, lampwork, stones, semi-precious, silver and Austrian
crystals that are made by a family business that sounds like twarovski
(actually I think I'm addicted to the crystlas - mmm soo sparkly). I am
very slowly working on selling my work - have a web host, but no page yet -
should be up soon. I also work with PMC (precious metal clay) and like to
incorporate it into my work.

I love the outdoors and like hiking and white water kayaking. I also love
reading - particularly historical romance (hee hee), but I'll read most
anything! Guess that's enough for now - gotta keep some mystery about me

Kathy K

Old April 15th 04, 06:01 AM
Jalynne

I guess I'll break down and do this, too...LOL.

I'm Jalynne, AKA Jennifer, born Nov. 23, 1971. I have been married to DH 11 years on
May 24th of this year, and we have a DD who will be 7 on May 1st. I'm into music
(was a vocal performance major in college), quilting, scrapbooking, and started
playing with beads when I was in high school. I'm currently recovering from a
hysterectomy, but in the fall I will resume my online college courses to obtain my
B.S. in Psychology, and then move on to law school, where I want to train to be a
research attorney. I'm also toying with the idea of a Master's in Psychology for
Marriage and Family Counseling, perhaps before law school, since I'll have to work my
way through school.

Right now, we live in Tacoma, Washington, but since DH is in the Navy, we move to a
new station every 3 years or so, and our time will be up two years from now. We
don't know where we'll be, but this group will always be accessable, so I can carry
my friends with me!

Beading has become the ultimate creative outlet for me, second only to quilting. The
possibilities are endless, with colours and form, to express whatever I happen to be
feeling at any given moment. I can use beads in all of my craft endeavors, so I
definitely like the versatility of the art. I do have several friends IRL, but one
can never have too many friends, and I am glad that I have found this group to make
my world a little bigger. I've learned so much here, and have been encouraged to
jump off the high dive, and have the confidence that I can do whatever I put my mind
to. I'm definitely a beginner, and tend to have lots of questions, and want to
experiment with lots of different techniques before I find my "niche". My style
tends to be more traditional and classic, and I prefer colours and styles that stand
the test of time.

--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list
See what DH is up to at http://www.teamintraining.org/participant/kinney-162652

"Dr. Sooz" wrote in message
"Beth"

May I present myself... My name is Beth.

I am almost 51, the mother of two grown daughters and the mother of
choice to another... all three are married, and only the ptd has a child,
Ben, who is almost 6.

I live with my radio station owner/manager husband and six housecats (furry
children) in Madras,Oregon. Madras is just north of the center of the
state... High desert country... no cactus, just Sagebrush and Junipers. Hot
hot summers (last summer's high was 113!) and cold cold winters..( this past
October we were minus 5, and in January got almost two feet of snow on the
ground.)

I love to garden... and in this new climate (we only moved here in July of
'03) I get to learn about a whole set of new plants to work with... I
stamp, scrapbook, sew, tole paint, and bead. I 've been beading off and on
since I was about 9, when I got a loom and started with that. I have yet to
learn many of the stitches you all talk about a lot, but I will. I do brick
stitch fairly well, and am working on peyote. My dad was a jeweler of
sorts, slabbing rock and then making cabs, which he set into mountings...
and I learned a lot at his knee. He also did some silversmithing and was a
faceter in his later years. Mostly, I'm not afraid to try anything.

Health wise, I am plagued with chronic depression, CFS (mild, thank God),
asthma, DJD... and try my dead level best to just keep truckin'!

I consider myself a beginner, almost to the intermediate stage.

Oh, and HI! right back atcha! I really enjoy this group. Madras is tiny,
with our only beadshops (2)...well, one is in a "trading post" since we are
only about 30 miles from the Warm Springs Reservation... and the other is
... high end and not very friendly. So, I need you all!..

beth
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links

Old April 15th 04, 06:10 AM
starlia

Alright, since everyone else is doing a short bio I'll give it a go.

My name is Starlia Klopman and I currently live in Leander, Texas after
living in Alaska for several years. I'm happily married to my best friend
Dan. We've been married 11 years and we'll celebrate our 12th anniversary
on May 28th! My DD's live in Alaska with their father, but they are great.

We have three dogs in our lives. Trinkett is mentioned most often and she
is a 2 1/2 year old blue chihuahua. Smudges is a 2 1/2 year old lab.
Tolak, the great hunter, is a 3 year old German Shorthair. Trinkett runs
the household and she runs it with an iron bark. LOL

I have been beading for about 4 years now and began making lampwork beads in
June 2003. I really enjoy working with hot glass and it's my second
artistic outlet. I've been oil painting for 24 years now having started at
the tender age of 11. It's still my passion, but there is something to be
said about playing with fire.

Old April 15th 04, 06:51 AM
armand vine

My wife Kerry is the bead artist, but she won't learn to use the computer
until she retires from teaching first grade. So, I am the family
communicator for now. I am also the jewelry mechanic- I attach clasps,
string her designs on wire, attach ear wires, etc. I am semi retired,
working part time so she can buy more beads. I used to be a serious
whitewater boater(class 5-6) until chemo stole my stamina. Kerry has 2
children and 3.9 grand children, waiting for the call any minute.
She started using beads about 4 yrs ago when she was looking for some yarn
in a shop in Nashville, TN. She had been doing fiber arts for many yrs. She
carded, spun, and knit or felted with wool, silk, llama, or any hairy thing
she could find. She saw what we now know was an amulet bag with a few beads
on it. Her reaction was "I can do better". Here is her "better" -
http://www.dvinedzines.com/wpe61.jpg . That was the beginning of a wild
sleigh ride that is still going.
She now has a small bead shop in her studio, has been to Bali to buy beads
and designed beads to be made there for her creations. She plans to take a
group of beaders there in 2005.
She never makes the same thing twice. I honestly don't think she can do it.
She loves fringe and embellishes her work until it can't hold any more.
We live in N.Calif and plan to retire to "OREGON"( applause from all you
Oregonians). I joined this group for us about 6 months ago and have been
blown away by the talent represented here. I have also been awed by some of
the web sites of members. I really enjoy going to all the sites cited by
members. I only wish we could get hi speed internet, we have no cable TV,
and live way too far out for DSL. It is frustrating waiting for all the
beautiful pictures to down load. I wanna see them NOW.