summer trends

Old March 21st 04, 04:02 AM
Kalera Stratton

Yeah. I am grateful there are few photographs left to prove what a
fashion plate I was in the 80's. MERCIFULLY FEW.

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Jan G wrote:
"Kandice Seeber" wrote in message

OMG - I hope shoulder pads **never** come back!!!

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

I am having a flashback of an orange suede long jacket with shoulder pads
big enough for a football player, gold blouse, velvet jeans and giant bangs!
Yikes! How could I have?
jan

Old March 21st 04, 04:35 AM
starlia

I joined the Army in the mid 80's. I stepped off the bus to basic training
and the drill instructor laid in on me. I'm glad I no longer have that hair
cut or those clothes/glasses. LOL

Old March 21st 04, 04:51 AM
Christina Peterson

Speaking of ties, I got a silk tie in slate Purply pink tulips when I was in
Amsterdam. Can anyone use it?

Tina

"Kalera Stratton" wrote in message
Maybe skinny ties for girls will come back...

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Old March 21st 04, 05:22 AM
Kaytee

In article , Kalera Stratton
writes:

Yeah. I am grateful there are few photographs left to prove what a
fashion plate I was in the 80's.

I wore Navy uniforms to work until Sept 83, mostly jeans and T's or sweaters
and/or Folk Wear patterns' clothing off duty/to SF State until 1985, then
maternity clothes... then back to the jeans, etc. "Discovered" muumuu's
somewhere in the mid-to-late '80s, too....
Kaytee
"Simplexities" on
www.eclecticbeadery.com

Old March 21st 04, 05:22 AM
Kaytee

In article , "Kandice Seeber"
writes:

OMG - I hope shoulder pads **never** come back!!!

Likewise. I still have some of the ones I pulled out of shirts/sweaters I
bought back then.... I had sewed some in the knees of my kids' pants when they
were toddlers, and a few pair got used in costumes, but with my broad
shoulders, I didn't need them padded.
Actually, those "padding removed" shirts fit me pretty well-- I could buy
shirts that fit my bust measurement, rather than a size or two larger to fit my
shoulders.
Kaytee
"Simplexities" on
www.eclecticbeadery.com

Old March 21st 04, 05:42 AM
Dr. Sooz

I totally agree. I love the fact that pink is so in this season. And even
though I can't wear it, I am glad about yellow, too!

Touches of yellow I can handle. They make purples look more purple, and that's
lovely. I like what Corina said about plum in one of her auctions, too....plum
is gorgeous. I've always loved it, it hums.
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old March 21st 04, 05:44 AM
Dr. Sooz

OMG - I hope shoulder pads **never** come back!!!

I hope the 80s revival goes away soon. That was one of the ugliest decades
ever. Bad perms, legwarmers, leggings, big tops, shoulder pads, and the makeup
(oh dear).....I could go on, but now I have to be sick.
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old March 21st 04, 05:46 AM
Dr. Sooz

I got a silk tie in slate Purply pink tulips

It's slate blue, purple, and pink?
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old March 21st 04, 07:04 PM
Anne C. Bauer

Yesterday I stopped in Hot Topics, and saw the most beautiful PURPLE satin
Converse low tops - embroidered with flowers! I think I may need to own them!

Annie
or
AnnieBee's at
http://www.anniebee.com

Old March 21st 04, 07:17 PM
Jalynne

Oh I know, Vicki! I was in the mall yesterday, too...and um....well...ewwwww. Made
me curious enough to pull out some of my pictures from high school...which I promptly
put away, at the BOTTOM of the box. I might scrapbook them someday....but I'll have
to be nearly blind before I do it. Can't believe I ever did the big hair thing...or
the stirrup pants and big shirt with the wide belt that hung off the hips, the weird
pastels and bright colours. I wasn't allowed some of the "trashier" stuff....which
is a good thing, I think. The whole trauma of it all is probably what made me forget
most of that time anyway...LOL. I'll stick to my style, which is simple, classic and
understated. (So it doesn't outshine my personality : D )
--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list
See what DH is up to at http://www.teamintraining.org/participant/kinney-162652

"vj" wrote in message
vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from
(katiewise) :

]Maybe this time around we'll only
]get the GOOD stuff from the 80's...

not if what i saw in the mall last night was any indication!
[shudder]

-----------
@vicki [SnuggleWench]
(Books)
http://www.booksnbytes.com
(Jewelry) http://www.vickijean.com
newest creations: http://www.vickijean.com/new.html
I have so many pet peeves that they now qualify as a herd!
- Janet P - RAM

Beady Summer Contest Deirdre S. Beads 1 February 17th 04 06:57 PM
ISGB Gathering, Portland, OR, Summer 2004 Beadseeker Beads 20 November 24th 03 11:31 PM
late summer jade WAS: Inspired by: Amazing Sight! Carol in SLC Beads 0 September 16th 03 04:37 PM
Lovely Summer Week Christina Peterson Beads 7 July 29th 03 03:26 AM
AD-July 12-13, 2003 Orlando, FL Florida Summer Classic Intergalactic Bead Festival Phineas T Beadd Director National Bead Society Beads 0 July 2nd 03 08:54 PM