happy dance: Celtic Knot Quilt

Old July 15th 09, 03:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
kratersge

Default happy dance: Celtic Knot Quilt

I finally finished my celtic knot quilt. The link is the overall
view, and the next two pictures in the album are a closeup of the
quilting and shot of part of the back.

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...49789727wtauIj

So the bonkers thing I tried on *this* version of the pattern was to
miter the edge binding around each X in the garden maze sashing.
First time I've ever done an "inside" miter. Not exactly great job,
but good enough to get by I think.

Susan K
see my quilts: members.cox.net/kratersge
Old July 15th 09, 03:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Laurie G. in CA

Your quilt is beautiful!!!!! And so is the quilting! Perfect compliment to
the quilt. Tricky binding, I agree. You did it quite nicely. You should be
very happy with this quilt!

--
~~~~~~~
Laurie G. in CA

Old July 15th 09, 03:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Wow, I'd be dancing for at least a month or 2, if I were you! Just
beautiful. The "notched" edge is so elegant, and the back is superb.
My favorite color too! Can't see anything wrong with miters from here
:-)
Roberta in D

Old July 15th 09, 04:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies[_2_]

That is just yummy gorgeous!

Karen, Queen of Squishies
Old July 15th 09, 04:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy in CNY

I agree with Karen...yum yum!! just beautiful.

amy in CNY
Old July 15th 09, 04:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

It is just gorgeous, Susan. Beautiful.

I love the whole quilt, but those inward angles along the edge are
magical. I would be so proud if I could have done that.
..
In message
,
kratersge writes
I finally finished my celtic knot quilt. The link is the overall
view, and the next two pictures in the album are a closeup of the
quilting and shot of part of the back.

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...49789727wtauIj

So the bonkers thing I tried on *this* version of the pattern was to
miter the edge binding around each X in the garden maze sashing.
First time I've ever done an "inside" miter. Not exactly great job,
but good enough to get by I think.

Susan K
see my quilts: members.cox.net/kratersge

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old July 15th 09, 04:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Alice in PA[_3_]

It's so beautiful....just crisp and fresh looking!

--
Alice in PA
http://community.webshots.com/user/twosonsatpsu

Old July 15th 09, 05:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
maryd[_3_]

OH MY!! That is stunning, Susan.

--
Mary
http://community.webshots.com/user/m...host=community

Old July 15th 09, 06:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Joanna[_2_]

That is such a gorgeous quilt! I love it, simple design but elegant.
Nice work.
Take Care
joanna