Finally, a finish

Old July 2nd 09, 04:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default Finally, a finish

LOL, Cindy. When I stick my foot in my mouth, I get all the way up to the
knee!
I very well understand no talent for fabric choices. I would so much
love to be able to paint a likeness but it's a gift I just wasn't given.
The Russian Ballet hasn't invited me to audition either. We will enjoy the
talents we have. Yes we will. Polly

"Polly Esther" wrote How precious, Cindy. I love that quilt.
Especially enjoyed your fabric
choices; just purrfect for petite baskets. Polly

Cindy wrote It, it ... was a kit, Polly. It looks exactly like it did on
the cover of the Fons & Porter magazine. Which is what I wanted.

I have no talent for making fabric choices. My talent is copying exactly.
And that's ok, I'm a hell of a craftsman.

Cindy

Old July 2nd 09, 04:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sherry

On Jul 1, 9:35*pm, "teleflora" wrote:
"Polly Esther" wrote in message

How precious, Cindy. *I love that quilt. *Especially enjoyed your fabric
choices; just purrfect for petite baskets. *Polly

It, it ... was a kit, Polly. *It looks exactly like it did on the cover of
the Fons & Porter magazine. *Which is what I wanted.

I have no talent for making fabric choices. *My talent is copying exactly.
And that's ok, I'm a hell of a craftsman.

Cindy

Hey, that's okay. That's my talent too; I was gifted with a lot of
patience for tedious
work, and I think that's the most important thing! Besides *enjoying*
it while you're
doing it. That's the #1 thing, no?
(that's why I love fabric that comes in a "series" of bolts that match/
contrast well. I can't
go wrong with them!)
You really *are* a wonderful craftsman. That's a gorgeous quilt.
Sherry
Old July 2nd 09, 04:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in NE La.

It is beautiful, Cindy!

--
Donna in NE La.
"teleflora" wrote in message
Try this. And if I have given you all free reign to delve into my webshots
albums, rearrange them however you please. I have no idea what I'm doing.

The new quilt is in my "quilts" folder. Duh.

http://community.webshots.com/user/c...host=community

Cindy

"teleflora" wrote in message
A friend quilted this for me so I finally have a finish! Yay!

It's called Petite Baskets.

http://thumb13.webshots.net/t/75/75/...3MoNXkg_th.jpg

Cindy

Old July 2nd 09, 07:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
teleflora

"Sherry" wrote in message
[...]

*******

Thank you, Sherry! I thought it was a darling quilt too!

And I never thought about it. I, too, have patience to work on stuff that is
tedious to others. I love working on DLS (Dinky Little S...tuff!).

I did a little Snail's Trail quilt and I had to lay it out piece by piece
and row by row to get it to come out. It was like a puzzle. I enjoyed it.
My quilting buddies just roll their eyes. Most of them go for big, bold
blocks that go fast. We then appreciate each others' efforts, even if we
don't "get" it.

Ha! Wait till you see my next finish. The top is done and it is 24" X 28".
There are (28) 2 1/2" blocks surrounding a larger center block. I have one
of the blocks on my Webshots and that one has over 75 pieces.

I am now looking at a real problem. The thing is just begging to be hand
quilted. But there are so many seams, that I don't see how I can possibly
hand quilt it.

I think I am going to try to machine quilt it using an invisible top thread
and a heavier bobbin thread. My machine is supposed to be able to replicate
a hand quilted look. If it doesn't work, I don't know what I'm going to do.

Cindy

Old July 2nd 09, 07:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
teleflora

Thank you, Donna. I enjoyed making it.

Cindy

"Donna in NE La." wrote in message
It is beautiful, Cindy!

--
Donna in NE La.

Old July 2nd 09, 07:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle C.

Oh Cindy, the quilt is just charming and cheerful. I really like the
pieced basket blocks alternating with the applique flower blocks. Great
choice of background fabric in the applique blocks too. I'm just
getting onto be more more daring with fabrics with definite lines, but
they can be so striking.

What size is the quilt?

Best regards,
Michelle in Nevada, USA
http://desertquilter.webs.com

Old July 2nd 09, 07:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle C.

teleflora wrote:
"Polly Esther" wrote in message
How precious, Cindy. I love that quilt. Especially enjoyed your fabric
choices; just purrfect for petite baskets. Polly

It, it ... was a kit, Polly. It looks exactly like it did on the cover of
the Fons & Porter magazine. Which is what I wanted.

I have no talent for making fabric choices. My talent is copying exactly.
And that's ok, I'm a hell of a craftsman.

Cindy

Oh heck, the craftmanship is the primary thing, isn't it? A person can
pick all the gorgeous colors in the world, but if you can't put them
together it's a moot point. And so we're not even going to talk about
my many attempts at clothes sewing. Harrumph! (Yep, I like sewing flat
things like quilts. ;-)

Old July 2nd 09, 10:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle C.

Hmmm. This quilt may just inspire me to try 4" blocks. The smallest
I've done is 6". Now see what you've gone and done? I've already got a
list of quilts I want to do a mile long! ;-)

Old July 2nd 09, 11:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
teleflora

"Michelle C." wrote in message
Hmmm. This quilt may just inspire me to try 4" blocks. The smallest I've
done is 6". Now see what you've gone and done? I've already got a list
of quilts I want to do a mile long! ;-)

Yes, but keep in mind that when you are talking about small quilts, they
(usually) finish faster and take less fabric. I buy mostly fat quarters.

And what are you going to do with 30 bed quilts? Where can you store them?
30 miniature quilts can be stuffed in a drawer!

Cindy

A finish - first finish of 09 Cheryl Isaak Needlework 16 January 26th 09 10:15 PM
A Finish!!! Magic Mood Jeep Needlework 1 September 23rd 07 12:15 AM
A Finish! Shannon Needlework 1 August 28th 05 11:25 AM
WIPs finally finished & pictures finally posted!~ Terbear Quilting 5 January 8th 05 03:02 AM
Finally, finally my kreinik arrived Addie Needlework 2 May 13th 04 07:29 PM