Ideas for Half-Square Triangles?

Old July 11th 07, 02:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Johanna Gibson

Default Ideas for Half-Square Triangles?

Hello,
I have been cutting 3 7/8" squares out of scraps for a long time.
When I get a moment, I match a dark and a light together and make some
HSTs. Now I have quite a few.... Does anyone have a good idea for a
layout? I don't want them all to just face the same way. I want
something with a little more visual impact!
I do have hundreds of Flying Geese that finish at 3 x 6. I might be
able to combine the two?.......

-- Jo in Scotland
Old July 11th 07, 03:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginny in VT

There's a way to do a Lone Star type design with HSTs, where each
"arm" of the star is a parallelogram, not a diamond. I don't have a
link right now, but it's easy to sketch out on graph paper or with EQ.
It can be made in any size depending on how many you have. Flying
geese would make a nice border.

Ginny in Vermont

Old July 11th 07, 05:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bonnie NJ

I always wanted to do Annie's Choice -
http://quilterscache.com/A/AnniesChoiceBlock.html

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old July 11th 07, 05:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Johanna Gibson

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 16:42:39 GMT, "Bonnie NJ"
wrote:

I always wanted to do Annie's Choice -
http://quilterscache.com/A/AnniesChoiceBlock.html

Oh, I like that! Thanks for the idea.

-- Jo in Scotland
Old July 11th 07, 06:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN

Broken Dishes is all half square triangles:
http://quilterscache.com/B/BrokenDishesBlock.html

Julia in MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Old July 11th 07, 07:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sherry

On Jul 11, 11:42 am, "Bonnie NJ" wrote:
I always wanted to do Annie's Choice -http://quilterscache.com/A/AnniesChoiceBlock.html

--
Bonnie
NJ"Johanna Gibson" wrote in message

Oh, gosh, I like that. I've looked at quilter's cache so many times, I
can't believe
I missed that one. Thank you so much!

Sherry

Old July 11th 07, 09:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

This thread comes at a perfect time. I have been crocheting half-square
triangles to make a 'quilt' for one of our quilter's group ladies who works
primarily with them in making all her quilts. It's a birthday gift. Any
more links for us?

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old July 11th 07, 09:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*

http://hometown.aol.com/qltblockcenter/bombeg/0005.html
at the bottom of this page are a bunch of blocks with lots of HSTs.
'wyoming valley' would use HSTs and FGs in those side units nicely.
'all hallows' there could also use both HSTs and FGs.
tho neither of those blocks show FGs, doesnt mean you cant use 1 FG in place
of two HSTs.
there is another block i cant think of the name of now, too early here yet,
maybe it will come to mind later, then i'll post it...assuming the light
bulb goes on later, of course, has been known to go all day without a
twinkle of light. boing boing
just more ideas to add to your list, lol.
have fun,
jeanne
--
Vote B'fly for President '08
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz

Old July 11th 07, 09:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*

found another couple of blocks that look pretty darn good together.
http://hometown.aol.com/qltblockcenter/bombeg/0009.html
down near the bottom of the page...
eccentric quilt and ribbon star blocks.
all HSTs in the eccentric but the ribbon could use FGs with one square in
the middle.
rather striking used together, i reckon.
jeanne
--
Vote B'fly for President '08
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz

Old July 11th 07, 09:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

I've just found the sheet I printed out of a wonderful collection of
'invented' half square triangle blocks. the url I have on the bottom of
the sheet is:
http://www.plover.com/~mjd/misc/quilt/blocks/

Seeing them has definitely converted me to HST - in due course!

I hope the link works.
..
In message , Johanna Gibson
writes
Hello,
I have been cutting 3 7/8" squares out of scraps for a long time.
When I get a moment, I match a dark and a light together and make some
HSTs. Now I have quite a few.... Does anyone have a good idea for a
layout? I don't want them all to just face the same way. I want
something with a little more visual impact!
I do have hundreds of Flying Geese that finish at 3 x 6. I might be
able to combine the two?.......

-- Jo in Scotland

--
Best Regards