RCTQ Quilting Week - What are you working on?

Old January 26th 06, 10:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default RCTQ Quilting Week - What are you working on?

I'm working on my oldest WIP, a very colorful scrap quilt of my own
design. It's nice to see progress, and I have my handquilting callus
back! I'm really enjoying all of the different fabrics in this one.
Just wish there weren't so much tortie hair on it!

Monique in TX
Old January 26th 06, 11:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Yes it needs stirring - but my builder is here tearing out walls and doors
and two men are digging trenches in my yard.

Later maybe

In the mean time - feel free to stir on my bahalf ROFL

--

Cheryl in Oz
cawaitesATnetconnectDOTcomDOTau

"Anne in CA" wrote in message
How about planning some quilts in your head. Or play with EQ -- the yahoo
virtual quilt group needs some stirring up ;-)

Anne in CA
annerudolph AT comcast DOT net
"It's not having what you want; it's wanting what you've got." -- Sheryl
Crow
http://community.webshots.com/user/annerudolph3
http://www.frappr.com/rctq

Cheryl in Oz wrote:
Nothing! No quilting, no sewing, no playing with fabric even - at least
this week or next. I haven't even browsed through my last three
magazines.

Between this and my lack of interest in chocolate and coffee I fully
expect to be drummed out of the ng any day now (fearful whimper,
trembling bottom lip, pathetic pleading expression!!)

I had carefully planned to have all my renovations and landscaping
finished by Jan10 and still have a couple of weeks of "me time" to sew
before classes started up again at the end of the month. The projects
were designed, the fabric all washed and pressed, ready to go. Instead I
have men digging trenches today in 100F+ heat (you cannot imagine the
dust!), a builder who won't be here until tomorrow to START on the
renovating at the living end of the house, and a long delay on finalising
the annual clean up in the sewing room (due to flooding!) All this with
no prospect of getting any sewing done this week or next week either.
Now I seem to have become the check-in point for our "group" to leave
messages and check on people re the terrible fires that are only about
10km away. The last of these I am happy to do (although I wish it wasn't
needed), but the rest I could have lived without!

Does knitting socks after I collapse with exhaustion at night, count for
any points at all? I have finished three socks since NYE.

I am determined to finish some quilts this year and will be checking out
Tricia's post for Finishers 2006 as soon as I can get time. But Quilting
Week may have to pass me by this year.

Hope you all have fun!

Old January 26th 06, 11:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I just finished a Rag quilt, as all you nice quilters showed me how
to do, I had never heard of that kind of quilt before joining this ng.
I'm working on a Snowball quilt which is ready to pin or spray baste and
then hand quilt, like I learned here.
I will begin the Pins and Stars for my nephew whom should be born in
February.
I want you all to know how much I love everyone here for your
kindness, knowledge and humour which I need everyday for my sanity.
Dixie in cold NB Canada.

When I give to you something I made with my hands I share my heart.

Old January 27th 06, 02:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

No actual quilt sewing again today but I did make another quilted bag from
pre-quilted fabric and I did rootle thru my stash a little getting ready to
make more blocks for the birthday block club.

--
Mary (Idaho to Oregon via Montana)

Old January 27th 06, 02:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Nertz. I have yet to get to the machine this week. Read a couple
magazines, though.

--Heidi

Plattsburgh (UPstate) NY

http://community.webshots.com/user/rabbit2b

===

frood wrote:
So... how's it going? What projects are you working on? What other quilty
things are you doing? Reading magazines/books? Sketching out designs?
Shopping for fabric? Rearranging the sewing room/area/nook?

Old January 27th 06, 03:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I have been working every waking minute on samples for the store.
First was a 60" by 60" log cabin in black and gold which is a sample
of the project being taught by Jo Morton at a workshop in April. I was
extra careful with it since Jo will see it. Logs were cut 1" so you
see why it took so long. Now I must make the samples for the Jo Morton
Club I will be leading. Each month I will demonstrate how to make a
different small quilt. Want to get the first two small quilts to the
store this week end to promote the club which starts Feb 20. We have
been waiting for the new line of fabrics to arrive. There are already
nine people signed-up for the club without seeing the samples.

In between I have been making 3" Nine Patch blocks for a Jo Morton
swap. Can you see that Jo has taken over my life? Still on the list
for this week are two swap blocks and blocks for a joint charity
quilt. Also need to bind my Red Lake contribution. I plan to display
it at our guild quilt show the end of February before shipping it off.
Susan Price

Old January 27th 06, 04:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 13:33:04 -0600, "Eileen" wrote:

Hi I have been working on a quilt for my sister. This is the second one for
her. It seems her husband has taken over the other one. The top is almost
finished. My other sister now wants one done for her. I have made quilts
for everyone in my family. I just want to make a quilt for myself. I don't
know when that will happen. How do you say no I cannot make one for you
now.

You simply smile and say "No I cannot make one for you now."

If pressured you can add "I already have too many large projects on my
plate and I will not commit myself to another big project at this
time, however, I could show you the quilting basics so that you can
make one for yourself, and I'm sure we would both have fun while you
are learning." Then you will most likely have to watch her try to
gracefully back out of your offer.
Debra in VA
See my quilts at
Old January 27th 06, 04:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 19:33:47 GMT, Georg wrote:

Finished the baby quilt for the newest Neice. It's fugly, but it'll do.

Need to bind the quilted vest for Jazz to play darts in.

Then I can start on the wedding wallhanging, with the two dragons
getting married.

-georg

Ha! I nearly fell out my chair when I read the word fugly. It snuck
up on me since it was describing a baby quilt. I fully expected to
read the words cute, darling, or sweet describing a baby item.

That dragon wedding wall hanging sounds interesting.
Debra in VA
See my quilts at
Old January 27th 06, 06:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

wrote:

So... how's it going? What projects are you working on? What other quilty
things are you doing? Reading magazines/books? Sketching out designs?
Shopping for fabric? Rearranging the sewing room/area/nook?

Tomorrow I have the day off so I plan to shop for fabric for a swap
and finally set up the craft table that Mom gave me for Christmas.
Now that DH has been released to go back to work from his heart
problem scare I am feeling like I can go back to sewing again, and I
need that table for the sewing machine. I bought one quilting
magazine recently that makes me want to sew too.

Debra in VA
See my quilts at
Old January 27th 06, 08:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

((Smile)) I had a much loved cat called Fugly (because he had a broken jaw
when I took him in).

Your quilt description brought back memories of him (sigh)

--

Cheryl in Oz
cawaitesATnetconnectDOTcomDOTau

"Georg" wrote in message
. ..
frood wrote:
So... how's it going? What projects are you working on? What other quilty
things are you doing? Reading magazines/books? Sketching out designs?
Shopping for fabric? Rearranging the sewing room/area/nook?

Finished the baby quilt for the newest Neice. It's fugly, but it'll do.

Need to bind the quilted vest for Jazz to play darts in.

Then I can start on the wedding wallhanging, with the two dragons getting
married.

-georg

RCTQ Quilting Week is coming! frood Quilting 24 January 8th 06 05:38 PM
rctq protocol question re Quilting Software Cheryl Quilting 3 August 29th 05 11:10 PM
Week end quilting maryd Quilting 4 February 21st 05 08:42 PM
Hi rctq, I'm desperate for help in salvaging this quilt (really, really long) Meghan Quilting 34 November 22nd 04 05:23 PM
RCTQ in the news! Nbhilyard Quilting 14 November 28th 03 02:16 AM