RCTQ Quilting Week - What are you working on?

Old January 26th 06, 01:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default RCTQ Quilting Week - What are you working on?

Finished my BOM top, as you already know.
Now piecing the back. Should finish tomorrow.
Received a magazine in the mail, anonymously, and enjoyed inhaling that
last night! thank you!
Received the Minkee Mates FQ's yesterday for the two baby quilts I need
to make by April.
And reading the RCTQ group to try and keep my mind occupied (when I'm
not actually sewing) so that my current family situation doesn't drive
me insane.

Hugs,
Tina

Old January 26th 06, 01:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I had that problem when I first got it. Now I can't remember what I did. Oh,
wait. Mine doesn't have corners on the base. It is just flat, and sits flush
on the cutting table (on my big mat). If I press down on the top, it doesn't
turn easily, so I just use slight pressure to push it around.

--
Wendy
De-STUFF email address to reply
"Patti" wrote in message
I'm so glad you brought that up, Alison. I've been meaning to contact
Wendy about hers for ages, and just haven't got round to it!
I have one; but how do you get it to work?
If I try to turn it, with one hand, by pushing on one corner of the top
piece, the whole lot slides around. It slides smoothly if I hold the
base, and if I have the top slightly kitty corner to the base.
Have you got the base fixed to something static? Should I take off the
corners of the base, so that there is only the top layer to touch when I
want to push it round. I have been busy, so haven't had a chance to try
all these things. I might be missing something, but it didn't come with
any instructions for fixing etc, so perhaps that isn't the solution. I
really want to use it.
So could you or Wendy give me some pointers? I'd be very grateful.
.
In message , Alison McD
writes
...but I made myself feel better by buying the 12" square Olfa mat
that has the rotating base...and isn't that the niftiest thing EVER?

Alison

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill

Old January 26th 06, 01:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Catching up with the cutting needed for my mystery quilt and for
Blockwatchers group at my LQS--done!!
Blocks for LQS BOM and for Thimbleberries Group.

--
Donna in NE La.
"frood" wrote in message
So... how's it going? What projects are you working on? What other quilty
things are you doing? Reading magazines/books? Sketching out designs?
Shopping for fabric? Rearranging the sewing room/area/nook?

--
Wendy
un-STUFF email address to reply

Old January 26th 06, 02:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Right now I'm working on a Dresden Plate quilt - for ME ... all my
quilts have been given away or sold. I really love the colours - some
solids but mostly flower prints in yellows, greens, pinks and blues.
The middle button will be a darker blue as will one of the borders ...
cream tone border, blue border, then maybe another cream tone border -
will decide when I get to that point. The background fabric is a tone
on tone very light cream. I think I will have this one machine quilted
tho' - previously did the hand quilting but find now I don't really
care to do it, so I won't. :-))

Sharon

Old January 26th 06, 03:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Nothing! No quilting, no sewing, no playing with fabric even - at least
this week or next. I haven't even browsed through my last three magazines.

Between this and my lack of interest in chocolate and coffee I fully expect
to be drummed out of the ng any day now (fearful whimper, trembling bottom
lip, pathetic pleading expression!!)

I had carefully planned to have all my renovations and landscaping finished
by Jan10 and still have a couple of weeks of "me time" to sew before classes
started up again at the end of the month. The projects were designed, the
fabric all washed and pressed, ready to go. Instead I have men digging
trenches today in 100F+ heat (you cannot imagine the dust!), a builder who
won't be here until tomorrow to START on the renovating at the living end of
the house, and a long delay on finalising the annual clean up in the sewing
room (due to flooding!) All this with no prospect of getting any sewing done
this week or next week either. Now I seem to have become the check-in point
for our "group" to leave messages and check on people re the terrible fires
that are only about 10km away. The last of these I am happy to do (although
I wish it wasn't needed), but the rest I could have lived without!

Does knitting socks after I collapse with exhaustion at night, count for any
points at all? I have finished three socks since NYE.

I am determined to finish some quilts this year and will be checking out
Tricia's post for Finishers 2006 as soon as I can get time. But Quilting
Week may have to pass me by this year.

Hope you all have fun!

--

Cheryl in Oz
(chanting under my breath "it will be worth it when it's finished . . . . .

Old January 26th 06, 03:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Cool! Good for you to make yourself just the quilt you want. Someday I
will do that too.

marcella

Old January 26th 06, 04:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Patti , I haven't had a chance to use it yet as I just got it today
(Wednesday)...I was all tied up with other stuff after I got it home...I'm
hoping to put it to use trimming the squares for the church raffle quilt. I
put it out on my table and I think it will be held in place just fine with
just the friction from the table surface...my table is completely covered
with a large rotary cutting mat, if not plan B is to use a piece of that
non-slip rubbery mesh that folks use under the sewing machine to keep it
from creeping away when its running on a smooth surface....not sure what
it's called...maybe other folks here could put a name on it for me...I think
if you try to attach it to something like your tabletop you would run the
risk of it interfering with the top surface turning freely.

Alison

Old January 26th 06, 04:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

In between working I'm frantically quilting my grandson's football
quilt (although the great idea of finishing it in time for the
Superbowl is just plain fantasy and he'll get it when he gets it) and
thinking seriously about how to make my first challenge quilt for the
quilt guild I joined. They have their annual Quilt Show and Quilt Walk
in April, and I've lah-dee-dahhed my way through the winter to the
realization it's only a few months away!!! (I think getting my
grandson's quilt finished so I can start on the new stuff is a better
inspiration than the Superbowl, but don't tell anyone....) I also need
to figure out which quilt projects I can steal back from my family to
enter in the show. Hmmmmmm?? That group is filled with fantastic
quilters and I'm a little intimidated, but no one has booed me at the
show and tells so I guess they'll accept my humble projects (just so I
volunteer to help out).

Annie in NW Washington

Old January 26th 06, 04:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Donna, golf tee pin cushions? Please tell us how you do it. I need a
small goodie for my Guild's Retreat soon. Nancycog in MD

RCTQ Quilting Week is coming! frood Quilting 24 January 8th 06 05:38 PM
rctq protocol question re Quilting Software Cheryl Quilting 3 August 29th 05 11:10 PM
Week end quilting maryd Quilting 4 February 21st 05 08:42 PM
Hi rctq, I'm desperate for help in salvaging this quilt (really, really long) Meghan Quilting 34 November 22nd 04 05:23 PM
RCTQ in the news! Nbhilyard Quilting 14 November 28th 03 02:16 AM