House hunting... on topic sorta...

Old December 29th 03, 12:25 AM
Jan Dunaway

Default House hunting... on topic sorta...

We've been house hunting and trying to sell our house for quite since
last September. Today we went to look at one that had just come on the
market..... and can I ask.... what is the proper way to ask someone to
adopt you???!!!!! I wish each and everyone of you had been there with
me. Every room had something with a beautiful, drop dead quilt in it.
You walk in to a breezeway with an antique toy singer and a treadle....
the kitchen had a to die for table runner with a matching framed square
and a couple of wall hangings..... every room.... the dogs even had a
quilt that matched the owners beside the the master bed........... and
then there was down stairs..... I made it downstairs to an unfinished
basement before anyone........... I was speechless..... hubby came
downstairs to find me just staring.... 3 LARGE surface sewing tables put
together just right... one with the drop in place for your machine.... a
hinterberg hand quilting frame at least king size.... and 6 antique
singer treadles spread out... and then there were at least 50 cases of
other sewing machines...... I swore I was never leaving..... and then in
one of the bedrooms..... a huge clear plastic container of finished
quilts.... just laying there..... no LN I will not give you directions
to the house! ;-) I don't know if we'll offer on the house itself or
not.... Had to walk thru a third time just to make myself look at the
house...... it was better than any quilt show I've been too in a very
long time...... now... how do I get those nice people to adopt me?!!

Jan

Old December 29th 03, 01:01 AM
Pat in Virginia

Jan:
I am not sure how to put this tactfully, but I will do my best.
Kindly do not take offense.
Are you sure someone didn't slip something into your eggnog
before you toured that house?
If so, please send me some.
PAT in VA/USA

Old December 29th 03, 01:10 AM
nzl*

wow!!
my suggestion..
snuggle down under a quilt for a while, sneak out now and then just for a
few mintues at a time. soon they'll get used to you being there and you wont
have to ask, it'll be a given.

jeanne
--
http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar
real reply is san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz

"Jan Dunaway" wrote...

Old December 29th 03, 01:16 AM
nzl*

stuff the tact and pass the eggnog.
we dont get it in the supermarkets here, arghhhhh.
i love the stuff but when i make it from scratch just doesnt measure up to
the store bought stuff, even with all the booze in it.
jeanne
--
http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar
real reply is san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz

"Pat in Virginia" wrote...

Old December 29th 03, 01:38 AM
Diana Curtis

I think instead of hoping to be adopted you need to start filling your own
house with quilts and put a huge sewing area in whatever nook you can
squeeze out of the existing space.
Then, you may adopt ME! lol
Diana

--
Queen of FAQs
Royal Peace Maker
nk.net...

Old December 29th 03, 01:42 AM
Jan Dunaway

:-) When I find the next home, it will have to have a quilting space or
else! And you are more than welcome to be adopted:-) Did I mention
the awesome thimble collection and the design wall???

Jan

Old December 29th 03, 01:43 AM
Taria

Were there any small children living in this house?
You know once you move the kiddos out things get
easier in many ways. You'll get your time too Jan.
I'm still waiting with a 19 and a 20 year old.
Taria

Old December 29th 03, 01:57 AM
Jan Dunaway

:-) Not any small ones..... but there was a central vac system that
would suck up toys quite nicely when you lift that cover. Scared the
___ out of me.....

Jan

Old December 29th 03, 07:50 PM
Dr. Quilter

sounds perfect! but remember, the quilts are probably not staying, so
don't decide based on those! however, if she made all those beautiful
quilts while living there, that setup should work for you too! )

Jan Dunaway wrote:

[...]

Ambassador of Extraordinary Aliens
(take the dog out before replying)

a proper intro? -- long Peggy Beads 37 September 27th 04 07:47 PM
OT - little bitty anxiety attacks Jalynne Beads 47 September 4th 04 06:02 PM
ON Topic...Sorta Maureen Miller Needlework 10 July 6th 04 08:45 PM
Good vibes needed S. Burwash Beads 24 September 2nd 03 09:34 PM