Help a girl out: 11 pendants on eBay going cheap!!

Old July 12th 06, 08:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads,rec.crafts.glass
Kalera

Default Help a girl out: 11 pendants on eBay going cheap!!

Dr. Sooz wrote:
Some people don't photograph as well as they look in real life. Kalera
is, without a doubt, one of the most beautiful, gorgeous, glowing
people I've ever met.

Awww, yer sweet!

Shhhhhh, now, little Moonraker. It's okay. Did the kids pick on you
at school again today?

I think it's because he lost his dildo. He was asking for a new one earlier.

--
-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
Old July 12th 06, 08:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads,rec.crafts.glass
Kalera

Moonraker wrote:

It's nice you could join the thread.... albeit a week late.

Did you just get out of rehab and are catching up?

I think she was busy moving into a house you could never afford on what
repair projects involving glue-chip pay.

Old July 12th 06, 08:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Kalera

FlameNwind wrote:
Sooooo....is Amy's post now the official portal between rec.crafts.glass and
rec.crafts.beads? Anytime we have anything to say to one another can be
shared here? Just checking.....

Lori

I think you've got the gist of it.

Old July 12th 06, 08:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads,rec.crafts.glass
Kalera

glassman wrote:

Sorry to be so late to respond to this, and I'm too lazy to read all the
posts. I'm a huge Ebayer, but not with my SG stuff.
You need to find a better way to sell your stuff. Here's the thing about
Ebay that many don't get. You can put up a $100 bill for $1 and not get any
bids. Why? Because no one can find it. It's no reflection on you or your
stuff if you can't find an audience for it on Ebay. I've sold antiques,
collectables, comics, and even autos on Ebay, but not too often SG
successfully.

This is excellent advice. The only thing I would add is that you can
build an eBay following, but it takes time, consistency, and willingness
to take a loss for several months.

OTOH that's just business.

Old July 12th 06, 08:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads,rec.crafts.glass
Dr. Sooz

This is true.
````````````````````

Old July 12th 06, 11:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads,rec.crafts.glass
Kandice Seeber

Bwahahahahaaaa I love you guys.

--
Kandice Seeber
www.lampwork.net

Old July 16th 06, 06:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads,rec.crafts.glass
[email protected]

Whoa -- I don't usually get around to my newsgroups only once or twice
a month. I have a few things to contribute...

1)Thanks to the poster who poked me to follow up--it was indeed time!

2)Thanks to everyone who gave suggestions and constructive feedback
about my post, my work and how I chose to post it to eBay. Truth is, my
goal was accomplished: to clean out the studio. I'm happy people were
happy to get deals. Likewise, I'm happy to have learned a great deal --
I don't intend to make a living off of eBay, but now understand that if
I want to do anything, I need to do it differently.

3)Thanks to even the rude idiots who posted; at least now I know who to
killfile.

4)My apologies for my mistakes! I am a long time reader of the groups,
but have been a lurker more than a poster for some time. I meant to put
"AD" in the title, but was distracted!

The funny thing is that while the auction did go wrong, the result was
that I got a follow-up job and TWO other offers to buy work. =-)

Amy

Old July 16th 06, 06:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads,rec.crafts.glass
LavenderCreek

Hey Amy,

Thanks for replying! And I'm happy to hear that even if those auctions
didn't go well, they were the beginning of something else for you!

Speaking for myself and a few others I am sure, I am just floored
sometimes by how rude, selfish and inconsiderate some people can be...I
think we are becomming a bit sensitive to anything even remotely
similar...so it wasn't really you that set this off. The sad thing is
that it is a growing trend and not just an occasional thing. Maybe it
has to do with the society we live in now where instant gratification
is the norm. People are taught that they have the right to nearly
anything they want, just ask, and it should be yours. Of course the
beadie world isn't the only place I've seen this so I gotta think it is
just the way society is these days.

I had someone want to know how to make a goddess bead. I explained that
mine are made very intuitively and free form, I rarely make them the
same way twice and it really wasn't something I could explain in an
email but I did provide a link to a goddess tutorial written by someone
else. I explained that this goddess wasn't like mine but that it was a
good one to begin with and would help develop some basic skills which
would, with practice, allow her to work in a more free form style..
Well, she wrote back and didn't like that goddess, wanted to make ones
like mine. I just couldn't understand that kind of thinking. I guess I
should just be happy that she wrote back at all and did say thank you,
but obviously wasn't really satisfied with my answer. I also know that
since nothing was handed to her, she probably won't go far in this
medium...I guess that's a good thing in a way.

People just don't seem to understand that there really are no
shortcuts, ya gotta do the work!

Ok, I know this has nothing to do with what we've been talking about,
I'm just rambling here on this fine sunny sunday morning so just ignore
me!

Teresa
www.lavendercreek.de

Old July 16th 06, 08:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads,rec.crafts.glass
Kandice Seeber

Welcome back!

--
Kandice Seeber