Help a girl out: 11 pendants on eBay going cheap!!

Old June 28th 06, 01:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads,rec.crafts.glass

Default Help a girl out: 11 pendants on eBay going cheap!!

One of my early attempts at selling my pendants online is bombing. :-(

As I had some various things lying around, I thought it would help
clean up quickly if I posted them all together. So I have eleven dichro
pendants in the auction, and the price is a measly buck right now. I
thougth it would be fair to set the starting price low, but now I'm in
tears, this is embarassing.

I had all intention of giving someone a deal, but goodness. Someone
help me out here!! Check out the auction, it ends in just a few hours.

:-)

Amy

Old June 28th 06, 03:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads,rec.crafts.glass

Hi Amy - the are lovely - and I bid
Denise
Glitzy Glass Studio
www.glassbeadz.com
ON EBAY NOW http://snipurl.com/sear

Old June 28th 06, 04:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads,rec.crafts.glass

What the heck is up lately with (a very small number of) people being so
freaking rude??? Turn the AC down a notch or something, it's like heat rash
is going around or something!

The time on the two posts is identical, it's not likely she intended to post
twice.
NOT everyone in this group MAKES beads, everyone loves them, collects them,
oggles them... but this is not by any means solely a beadmakers group.

Amy, please put "AD" in your subject line, but otherwise you are welcome to
post your work here.

Jeez louise.
Alison

wrote in message
ups.com...
I think we hoid ya da foist time. Besides, not to be brash but just
about everyone on this newsgroup can make what your selling.

Scratch

Old June 28th 06, 04:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads,rec.crafts.glass

I think we hoid ya da foist time. Besides, not to be brash but just
about everyone on this newsgroup can make what your selling.

Not me.

-Su

Old June 28th 06, 07:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads,rec.crafts.glass

On Wed, 28 Jun 2006 15:00:59 GMT, Alison wrote:
NOT everyone in this group MAKES beads, everyone loves them, collects them,
oggles them... but this is not by any means solely a beadmakers group.

That depends on what you mean by "this group." The original post, and all
of the followups so far, were crossposted to two groups. The statement
you're disagreeing with might not be true of rec.crafts.beads, but it
probably is true or close to true for rec.crafts.glass.

(followups set to r.c.g.)

Old June 28th 06, 08:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads,rec.crafts.glass

They are pendants...not beads. Big dif. If you're going to posts ads on
this newsgroup you or whomever needs to read the charter and FAQ's
which are posted every month. It gives the guide lines for posting
things for sale. There's lot's of newsgroups that are intended for
posting things for sale whereas this one is really for discussion.

Old June 29th 06, 01:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads

I agree with you! However, the person being rude in this case was from
rec.crafts.glass, which is a ng populated by a few generally rude people.

Amy, someone really lucked out on your pendants! Next time, try listing
them singly or in small groupings of 2 or 3, with a starting price that
is the lowest price you would take for them without crying.

The next part is crucial; be prepared to do it week after week, every
single week, until people notice you. It usually takes 2-3 months for
sales to pick up. New sellers get lost in the bog of popular established
sellers, and it takes a while for buyers to notice you and start bidding.

--
-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
Old June 29th 06, 06:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Now I get it. The rude ones are cross-posts, exactly right. Some on
the glass and jewelry boards have rules stuck up their....well you get
the picture.

Becki