another coupon for everyone-fell for it again

Old July 6th 03, 03:19 PM
Mika

Default another coupon for everyone-fell for it again

I had a 50% off coupon that was expiring on the 3rd so I went in that day.
They had some fabric that I wanted on sale. But when I gave the coupon to
the girl cutting the fabric she rang it up at regular price and said that
with a coupon it automatically prices at regular price, that I can't get the
sale price with a coupon. I told her that I had done it in the past and she
refused to give me the sale price with the coupon. I was ticked. She was
rather rude too. The only problem is, there just aren't many fabric stores
worth anything around where I live so my choices are pretty limited to
JoAnns and Walmart.

Mika

"Julia Altshuler" wrote in message

I added to the subject line of this thread. I feel like such a fool. I

know
not to shop at Joann's. I've had so many bad experiences there before,

but they
were having a half off sale on quilting notions, and I need a new Fiskars
acrylic 6" x 24" ruler so I decided to go. Sure enough, I got there, and

they
told me that some of their rulers are quilting notions and therefore on

sale,
but the Fiskars one isn't. Classic bait and switch. I walked out without
buying anything, and I'm sure it will be ages before I'm tempted to go

back and
try again, but I still feel like an idiot for thinking this time would be
different.

--Lia

Old July 6th 03, 03:21 PM
Penny S.

Mika thoughtfully penned:
I had a 50% off coupon that was expiring on the 3rd so I went in that
day. They had some fabric that I wanted on sale. But when I gave the
coupon to the girl cutting the fabric she rang it up at regular price
and said that with a coupon it automatically prices at regular price,
that I can't get the sale price with a coupon. I told her that I had
done it in the past and she refused to give me the sale price with
the coupon. I was ticked. She was rather rude too. The only problem
is, there just aren't many fabric stores worth anything around where
I live so my choices are pretty limited to JoAnns and Walmart.

Mika

why not ask for the manager?

Old July 6th 03, 05:40 PM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

When an item is on sale, you can either use the sale price, or the coupon
price. You can't use the coupon price on top of the sale price.

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér

et...

Old July 6th 03, 08:49 PM
Emily

I've never known JoAnn's or Hancock's to give the 50% off on a sale item
unless it is clearly stated on the coupon that it is for all fabrics,
notions, etc. Most of them have a statement somewhere on them saying, "Not
good on sale priced items." or "On regular price only."
If I decide to buy a sale item, I figure which is the best price, regular
with 50% off or the sale price.
Emily

Old July 7th 03, 01:22 AM
CNYstitcher

Every time somebody buys sale fabric at my local JoAnns and tries to use
the coupon, they tell them the same thing. The reason is that it would
be giving a "double discount" which isn't allowed. If something is on
sale for 30% off and you want to use the 50% coupon, you will get 50%
off the regular price...just the way it has always worked..even from the
days when I worked at JoAnns (years ago, it seems)

Old July 7th 03, 05:33 AM
Mika

"CNYstitcher" wrote in message
Every time somebody buys sale fabric at my local JoAnns and tries to use
the coupon, they tell them the same thing. The reason is that it would
be giving a "double discount" which isn't allowed. If something is on
sale for 30% off and you want to use the 50% coupon, you will get 50%
off the regular price...just the way it has always worked..even from the
days when I worked at JoAnns (years ago, it seems)

And I just figured out why I got the sale price then the 50% off the last
time. I have only used a coupon for fabric one time before this. It was
priced at the sale price when it was cut but I used the coupon when I got to
the register. I didn't know at the time that I was supposed to give the
coupon to the person cutting the fabric so they could adjust the price
there. So I got it at sale price then 50% off. When I spoke to the clerk
about it this time, it just didn't click with me that it would be like a
double discount. Yeah it should have, I know, lol. But well in my old age
what can I say. Anyway, thank you all for pointing this out to me. I will
know better the next time.

Mika

Old July 15th 03, 06:58 PM
Butterfly

Thanks : ) The 'owner' of the Viking part has another store here in
town---lets say I get 'more' from driving up to Fresno Viking dealer
than here.
Sides when we go up to Fresno.....I get to have lunch with the King Of
Fresno : )
Still shopping--had a nice demo on the Pfaff Quilt Expression last
week--didn't get back there yet.
Not looking for the embroidery stuff per se--never really used them that
much on the other Viking
Butterfly (Queen of Fresno)

Debbi wrote:
Butterfly,

The Viking SM section is not owned or run by JoAnn's but a dealer renting
space or by Viking themselves. Love my Designer 2. Had a Lily 545 before I
upgraded.

Debbi in SO CA

"Butterfly" wrote in message

Last time I went--I got a magazine--40%--wouldn't have gotten it
otherwise : )
They carry the Viking SM's there so I checked them out--but I certainly
won't buy from that place........
Butterfly (also am checking out Pffaf SMs before I decide)

julia sidebottom wrote:

I have been very fortunate over time with the 50% JAF coupons.
Especially when it comes to fabric bargains. I watch the flyers closely
before I even go to the store. I don't go often except when I really
have to and have a 50% coupon available. Then I get DH to take me.
juliasb

Butterfly wrote:

CROSS-POSTED

WARNING!!!!! Check the bar code to make sure it does NOT say
___INVALID___ under it when you print it off from the compie.
Butterfly (we only get 40% off in CA on the mailers)

Ronnie Wexler wrote:

It isn't bait and switch if you use that lovely reproducible coupon.
If you know a store is a pain where you sit, you need to be prepared is
all.

Ronnie

In article , Julia Altshuler

[...]

OT-Interpreting Your Coupons Candace Beads 8 September 3rd 12 11:26 AM
OT Candace...re Coupon Request Turtlelover Beads 1 July 6th 04 12:22 AM
OT Coupon Codes Candace Beads 20 June 17th 04 06:08 AM
Michaels has PC on sale for $1 a bar. 40% Coupon in paper too. Stephen Casey Polymer Clay 1 January 21st 04 04:51 AM