pictures of my treasure boxes

Old December 16th 06, 01:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Default pictures of my treasure boxes

Howdy!

http://www.quiltingarts.com/qamag/treasures.html

R/S

On 12/15/06 2:22 PM, in article suDgh.271375$FQ1.50814@attbi_s71, "KJ"
wrote:

Love those!! Where did you find the pattern???
KJ

"teriquilter" wrote in message
ps.com...
your boxes turned out awesome. I just did a swap from a fiber arts
group & some made those & some made the "dream boxes" all turned out
real great. Here are mine:
http://gallery.ppwp.com/gallery/album88/boxes3
obviously I made the dream holders, but I got the treasure boxes from
others in the swap. I adore them because they are just so cute & tiny!
good work!
Terbear
KJ wrote:
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...53918257cWbHkH

My boxes were a hit! I wish I'd started earlier so I could have played
with
more embellishing ideas. I have several more cut out, ready to embellish
when needed. Maybe I'll play with those after the holidays!
KJ

Old December 16th 06, 02:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

Those are really adorable! Good job!

Karen, Queen of Squishies
-----
www.PlayPianoNow.info

Old December 16th 06, 11:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise

Those are adorable! Or maybe I should call them beautiful. Whatever they
are, I really like them. I'm nearly caught up with Christmas things, so
maybe I can get to work on some this week. They look like so much fun!

--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

Old December 17th 06, 06:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti S

KJ - they're just gorgeous!!! I'm going to play with this pattern after
the holidays and see what I come up with. I think these would be really
pretty in reds for Valentines Day, and the perfect size for a wonderful
chocolate! Thanks for sharing.

Patti in Seattle

Old December 17th 06, 01:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

OH yes! They would be great in Valentine reds and I know for a FACT they do
hold chocolate!
I had fun making them, knowing they were something "different".
KJ

Old December 17th 06, 08:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Hi Kathyl! What a beautiful and generous
party favor. Your Post Cards are
fantastic, too. PAT

Old December 17th 06, 08:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

Gee, thanks Pat! If I had another week or two, I'd do them for my Christmas
table. But my quilter friends are probably more apprciative than some of my
family!!!
KJ

Old December 18th 06, 03:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Nancycog in Md.

Dannielle wrote:
Thanks again for sharing these KJ! I have made about 7 so far. I'm
not embellishing beyond the pretty fabric and fun multi-colored thread
to zigzag them together. I'll try to get some photos and post them
soon! They are the center of my Christmas giving at the moment, with a
little Lindt inside!

Dannielle

KJ wrote:
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...53918257cWbHkH

My boxes were a hit! I wish I'd started earlier so I could have played with
more embellishing ideas. I have several more cut out, ready to embellish
when needed. Maybe I'll play with those after the holidays!
KJ What kind of interfacing did you use? I tried one with Timtex, but it was too stiff. Nancycog in MD

Old December 18th 06, 11:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

Just use a 50 weight Pellon Stabilzer. The Timtex IS too heavy. I fused
wonderunder to two pieces of fabric, fused it to the stabilizer, then ironed
the freezer paper pattern on top, and finally cut out the box shape. The
stabilizer is just enough support. If you look at this picture,
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...53918257xHycip you
can see the thin stabilizer (white) showing between the two pieces of
fabric. I plan to stitch over these edges or lightly paint them. Haven't
decided yet.
KJ

"Nancycog in Md." wrote in message
ups.com...

Old December 18th 06, 03:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Ha ... I think that is a universal truth
about quilters vs. family. LOL
PAT

New Studio Pictures! Dawn >^..^ Beads 28 November 30th 05 06:55 PM
AD Beaded Favor Boxes and quickie update ~Candace~ Beads 6 November 23rd 05 09:47 PM
Pictures of Designs on Websites Rachel Janzen Needlework 57 February 29th 04 08:54 PM
new pictures! Dr. Quilter Quilting 5 January 5th 04 05:03 PM
CROSSPOSTED - new pictures, even some quilt pictures!! CNYstitcher Quilting 0 December 28th 03 04:55 AM