Greetings again!

Old August 13th 06, 04:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Nancy in NS

Default Greetings again!

On 12 Aug 2006 13:23:02 GMT, Terri wrote:

To cut to the chase and exclude the harrowing saga of our return to
Idaho from Louisiana we are unpacked, in our home, re-acquainting
ourselves with our grandchildren and I've been putting a serious dent in
my quilting stash lately.

Welcome back, Terri. I absolutely LOVE the brown bow-tie
quilt! Very nice.

Nancy in NS
http://community.webshots.com/user/loves2quilt
Old August 13th 06, 04:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Nancy in NS

On 13 Aug 2006 00:19:48 GMT, Terri wrote:

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~dogsn...ges/Aprons.jpg
I ran across this in a magazine and just had to make it.

Oh my gosh, this apron quilt is just *too* cute! I have an
aunt who would LOVE this. (Christmas ideas...)

Old August 13th 06, 02:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Terri: The "aprons" wh is delightful! I
have a collection of old aprons. I won't
be able to display them in this house,
so I should probably think about cutting
the damaged/stained aprons. I was
thinking of little Sue dresses, but I
like your pattern better!
PAT in VA/USA

Terri wrote:
....cut...
And before I forget, this is something entirely different from that
I made as a house warming gift for my SIL. They are the last relatives
to leave New Orleans so now I don't have to worry about any family
members down there in harms way.
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~dogsn...ges/Aprons.jpg
I ran across this in a magazine and just had to make it. The pattern
was inspired by the aprons women used to wear in the 1940's and
the embellisments are all items given to me by my SIL.
She loved it.

Old August 13th 06, 03:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Default OT A different service? Greetings again!

Louise,
Your SIL's new business sounds very
unusual. I've never heard of such. Do
the customers buy the food from her and
cook in her facility? Will she prepare
the dishes for people who are time (or
cooking) challenged?
TTFN,
PAT, curious in Virginia

Louise wrote:

Love those aprons! I've been trying to decide what I might make for my DSIL,
and that might be it! She just opened a new business - one of the places
where you go to prepare meals that you then take home to freeze until you're
ready to eat them. In addition, she's always worn an apron at all family
gatherings (as opposed to the rest of us who just wipe our hands on our
pants!), and something like this apron quilt would be just perfect for her.

Old August 13th 06, 03:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise

Both. If you want to do your own, you register for a class, select the
entrees from a menu that changes monthly, and then show up at the scheduled
time. All of the ingredients are prepared for you - the meat is
cooked/sliced/whatever, the veggies cut up, etc. You then assemble each of
your entrees (12 per session, I believe, and each one is designed to serve 4
or more) and put it in the freezer until it's time to go home. Each session
lasts about 2 hours, and you go home with 12 (or 6, it's your choice) main
dishes - I think she's going to have side dishes available as well, if you
want them. If there are only one or two in the family, you can divide most
entrees into smaller portions and get more than 12 meals.

If you don't have time for the 2-hour session, she and her staff will
prepare your entrees for you for an additional charge.

This is something that started around her about two or three years ago and
they've been fairly successful. She and my brother moved to Wisconsin a
couple of years ago, and that's when she decided to start a business
herself. I can see where it would be a time saver for busy moms. I haven't
been to one myself, but I know my sister went to one to make dinners for her
bachelor son who works long hours. He loves it - all he has to do is thaw it
out ahead of time and pop it in the oven, which is pretty nice for someone
whose idea of a home-cooked meal used to be frozen pizza!
--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

Old August 13th 06, 03:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Terri

Pat in Virginia wrote in

Terri: The "aprons" wh is delightful! I
have a collection of old aprons. I won't
be able to display them in this house,
so I should probably think about cutting
the damaged/stained aprons. I was
thinking of little Sue dresses, but I
like your pattern better!

That sounds like a wonderful way to display them!
I was also thinking while I made that how contemporary it might look by
using an assortment of black and white print fabrics and maybe a single
red embellishment on each apron, each one different say, a red pocket on
one, red apron strings on another and so on...
--
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved
body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "...holy
Old August 13th 06, 03:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jacqueline

Terri, mentioned magazines, that is something else, I can't afford
but one at this time, which is the best for a beginner and how can I
subscribe to one?

Thanks in advance.
Jacqueline

Terri wrote:
...cut...
And before I forget, this is something entirely different from that
I made as a house warming gift for my SIL. They are the last relatives
to leave New Orleans so now I don't have to worry about any family
members down there in harms way.
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~dogsn...ges/Aprons.jpg
I ran across this in a magazine and just had to make it. The pattern
was inspired by the aprons women used to wear in the 1940's and
the embellisments are all items given to me by my SIL.
She loved it.

Jacqueline
http://www.mountain-breeze.com
Recipes and other fun things
Old August 13th 06, 04:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Oh, Wow! what a boon.
Wish I didn't live a continent and an ocean away g
..
In message GOGDg.88808$FQ1.83919@attbi_s71, Louise
writes
[...]

Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old August 13th 06, 04:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
DrQuilter

never hear of this type of bussiess either! of ourse if you are a busy
mom, like me, another plan is to get yourself a cooking husband, like I
did! ) who, by the way, says there is one of these her in Seattle too...

Louise wrote:
[...]

(take the dog out for a walk)
Old August 13th 06, 04:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

We have a couple of these places in the Iowa City/Coralville area. I've not
been to one, but I hear they are very well received. I believe a few of my
neighbors went to one as a "girls night out" and had a lot of fun chatting
while they assembled their dinners. Wish I had thought of doing this for my
son before he moved away. Having someone do the shopping and prep work is a
real time saver. Actually, I probably have the time...just not the
interest!
KJ