New project

Old June 11th 06, 10:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default New project

In article ,
Marcella Peek wrote:

What a fun looking block! Your piecing is wonderful on all those little
half square triangles.

Gosh, thanks, Marcella. blush

Now, are you sure you have enough fabric for this feathered star
project? ;-)

marcella

Actually, I bought only a yard, which was all that was available at the
show. Then I panicked because I knew I was going to need more and
couldn't find any in town. Luckily, equilter.com came to my rescue, so I
do think I have enough now. G

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old June 11th 06, 10:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I'll have to dig out her book. I'm pretty sure I have it here somewhere.
KJ

"Sandy Foster" wrote in message
In article 2Q_ig.774944$084.770353@attbi_s22,
"KJ" wrote:

Wow! That's going to be great! Can't wait to see the rest of the
blocks.
Do you use any special templates for your feathered star? I have the
Marti
Michell ones, but haven't worked much with them.
KJ

Thanks! No templates at all -- just Marsha McCloskey's technique.
She's made a zillion feathered star variations and has developed a great
way to make them.

Old June 12th 06, 12:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

In article ,
Sandy Ellison wrote:

Howdy!

Sandy, that is beautiful!

Ragmop/Sandy

Thanks, Sandy!

Old June 12th 06, 01:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

In article a60jg.27230$1i1.9773@attbi_s72,
"KJ" wrote:

I'll have to dig out her book. I'm pretty sure I have it here somewhere.
KJ

She actually has a few. G the "old" one is called _Feathered Star
Quilts_, and the new one is _Feathered Star Quilt Blocks I_. She's
supposed to be putting out more to follow this last one.

Old June 12th 06, 01:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

That block just sings. I can hear her now. "I feel pretty; oh, so
pretty!". I'm glad you waited too. Polly

Old June 12th 06, 01:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Wow, Sandy, the block is gorgeous! I can only imagine how awesome the quilt
will be.

--
Donna in NE La.
"Sandy Foster" wrote in message
At our local show last March, I found a wonderful striped fabric that
sat on my ironing board for a couple of months before I could decide
what to do with it. But decide I finally did -- whew! -- and I've now
started working on the project. The first block can be seen at
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1/wips.html. Back to work now....

Old June 12th 06, 01:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

In article ,
"Donna in NE La." wrote:

Wow, Sandy, the block is gorgeous! I can only imagine how awesome the quilt
will be.

Thanks, Donna! I hope you're right.... g

Old June 12th 06, 01:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

In article nd2jg.775165$084.80441@attbi_s22,
"KJ" wrote:

I probably have the oldest one. Any idea if the method is different?
KJ

I've just taken a quick look, and it looks like they're pretty similar.
The instructions on the bias strip piecing are a bit sparse in the old
version, but there's generally more detail in all areas in the new book.
Still, I think you can do just fine with the old one. If you have
questions, let me know, and I'll try to explain what she says in the new
book.