prayers requested OT

Old May 11th 06, 03:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default prayers requested OT

Ginger, the 29th is a great day to start a trip! That's my
birthday.

Grandma's funeral went well, was a nice ceremony. I hadn't seen her
since this time last year so it was a bit of a shock to see how much
weight she'd lost since the first of the year, but everyone else
thought she looked nice. I wish I had gone to see her when my brother
was here earlier this year, but Dad and I don't always get along on
trips and this was before he had his surgery and all, so he was grumpy
most of the time. I have good memories, and I know that she was ready
to go. Apparently the last thing she said was "Thank you Lord! I'm
ready, take me home." She is greatly missed.

Tigg

Old May 15th 06, 04:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I know exactly how you feel. As I read your post... I had that pit in my
stomach. I loved my MIL more than my own mom. My mom and I never got along
and my MIL was my dream mom. We crafted together, cooked.....she taught me
her famous meatballs...and I still miss her. I know if anything with what I
am going through with this breast cancer...if she was alive ...she would
not leave my side. I even showed my mom my mising breast and still no love.
I always said... the wrong mom left me the day my MIL passed. I never
laughed at MIL jokes because I was blessed. She died in 1998 at age 68.
You will always miss your MIL if you loved her that much. It took me 2 years
to get back into crafting and sewing. Everytime I make meatballs her memory
is still with me.
pami

Old May 15th 06, 04:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Tigg,
Losing a Grandma is hard to...mine was about the same age as yours when she
passed.
pami

Old May 15th 06, 07:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Pami,

it is nice to know someone else who understands...

my mother-in-law showed me more love than my own mom ever did. I miss
her so much!!!!

My mom told me my wedding dress was the 'ugliest thing she had ever
seen' my mil welcomed me with open arms, even though they were a
Catholic family and I was a divorced woman with a child.

She never made me feel that way. She was so good to me and my child,
even though her son and I lost 10 children through miscarriage,
stillbirth and ectopic pg.

She will always be a wonderful person in my eyes... and she is the
example I hope to follow when my own son shows up someday saying 'Mom,
this is the one.'

I have her chow mien homemade recipe and I'm not sure I will ever make
it again. Her's was so good!!

Thanks, Pami
Tricia
http:/photos.yahoo.com//momiixii

Old May 18th 06, 06:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I will admit that I had a pretty good MIL, but with the divorce we
don't talk much anymore. I tried to call her the other day and got her
machine. Left a message but she hasn't called me back, and I have a
feeling she won't. I would never ask her to switch her loyalties, but
when we did talk after the divorce, I didn't bring up the ex and didn't
bad mouth him either (at least not to her and then only to my dearest
friends). I do miss her though.

I'm making cookies today. Whenever we'd go visit Grandma, we always
made cookies. Each grandkid had a different kind they made. Mine were
the chocolate no-bake ones, which I have the recipe for in her
handwriting. I'm not making those, but making Daddy's sugar cookies.
Still, I think about her a lot, and probably always will.

Tigg