OTRiddle

Old April 19th 06, 05:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default OTRiddle

Pilgrim Fathers????--
Sylvi
sylviald at ihug dot co dot nz

"Pat in Virginia" wrote in message
OT Riddle
Do you know the answer to this one? My LQS will give me a free spool of
thread if I can answer correctly! Thanks, PAT

If April Showers bring May flowers, what do May flowers bring?
____________

Old April 19th 06, 05:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

oops - I should read all messages before posting...........--
cept there were nearly 2000 when i came back online
today..........hmmmmmmmmmm better not go away too often.....

Old April 19th 06, 06:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

how bout the Bakers in May all pole dancing of course.
i love going off on a tangent.
jeanne
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r

"Sylvi" wrote...

Old April 19th 06, 05:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Our WI had a talk on the East Anglians who were the Pilgim Fathers,
and I have just had a e-mail from the library to tell me that my
ordered book has just come in - Mobility and migration., East Anglian
founders of America, so I will soon be an expert too!

--
Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~ (uk)

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 21:42:22 GMT, Suzie B
wrote:

Maria in NC wrote:
My husband's (very spontaneous) answer: Pilgrims

Just as an aside, 5 of the original Pilgrim Fathers came from the town I
was born in (Billericay, Essex here in the UK). Here's an excert from
the town's history section of their website (www.billericay.net)

*****
Although Billericay was a flourishing commercial centre during the reign
of Henry VIII, religious persecution led some inhabitants to embark on
the famous Mayflower voyage of 1620. Five people from Billericay were on
board.

The ship's governor Christopher Martin – a victualler of ships, who is
believed to have lived in what is now known as the Old Chantry in
Billericay High Street. Sadly, he perished along with his wife Marie,
Solomon Prower, and John Langemore shortly after their arrival at Cape
Cod, Massachusetts (a fifth unnamed person, believed to be Peter Browne,
survived the rigours of that first winter).

But this did not deter other Billericay inhabitants from setting sail
for the New World and the town of Billerica, Massachusetts, was
established in 1655 to commemorate the origins of some of the first
settlers. This began a relationship between the two towns which still
exists today.
*****

I can remember some of the first twinning visits from Billerica, back
when I was 9 or 10, and having a family stay with us for a few days and
my Dad driving them around Essex, showing off the sites... unfortunately
we couldn't afford to go over to America back in those days!

Suzie B
--
"From the internet connection under the (undamaged end of the) pier!"
Southend, UK

Old April 19th 06, 06:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default OT Billerica, was OTRiddle

Which town? I live in Littleton, which is three or four towns over but
I have been to "Bill Rick Ah" a number of times :-)

Rita L.

Anne in CA wrote:
[waving madly] Hi Suzie, I used to live just a town or two over from
Billerica, MA. When we moved there I had the hardest time learning how
to pronounce it properly ( Bill Rick Ah) and used to confuse my
neighbors by saying I was running over to "Bill Erica" to go shopping ;-)

Anne in CA
annerudolph AT comcast DOT net
Disclaimer: Any errors in spelling, tact, or fact are transmission errors.
http://community.webshots.com/user/annerudolph3
http://www.frappr.com/rctq

--
http://community.webshots.com/user/ggollymm
Old April 19th 06, 09:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Billerica, was OTRiddle

We lived near Billericay (in Basildon) in the 1960s. We pronounce it
Billa-ricky.

I've just been looking on a map of MA and its full of familiar names
from this area, as well as lots of other UK places. Ours a
Framlingham, Dedham, Malden, Ipswich, Attleboro, Norfolk, Essex,
Needham, Harwich, Yarmouth, Chelmsford, Middleton, and somewhere
there's a Southold, but I can't find it.
--
Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~ (uk)

Old April 19th 06, 09:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

My DH's company was headquartered in Billerica. I always thought it was
pronounced billa rica. Only visited once and enjoyed shopping at the nearby
mall and eating at Legal Seafood!

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old April 19th 06, 11:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

is there a chapter on pole dancing then?
)
jeanne
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r
http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar
http://www.frappr.com/rctq Put yourself on the RCTQ map!!!
http://www.gen.gen.nz/

"Sally Swindells" wrote...

Old April 20th 06, 01:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Dunno - haven't collected it yet! Library closed today.
--
Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~ (uk)