Can anyone tell me..

Old April 11th 06, 11:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Can anyone tell me..

I peeked at the directory and found the colour Teal as a Yum colour, can
someone tell me what colour that is.. i looked it up in the dictionary but
all it said Teal is a bird ( some kind of a duck?).. that doesn't tell me
much... they come in a hundred diff colours... So , women of great
wisdom..can someone discribe the colour Teal to me? TIA..
Old April 11th 06, 11:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I peeked at the directory and found the colour Teal as a Yum
colour, can someone tell me what colour that is.

Turquoise. "Teal" is unusual as a colour word in the UK too.

Old April 11th 06, 11:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

To me... Teal is in the blue-green spectrum. Not as bright as an aquamarine type blue-green. If
you were to take the "watery" aquamarine and make it a jewel tone -- to me that is teal. In the
family with US Surgical scrubs (what operating room staff wear)- if that is any help.

I know with computers - you computer may display colors slightly differently than mine... but here
are a few links that should give you the general idea:

https://secure.alvinclayman.com/nurs...olors/Teal.jpg

http://www.blenkocollectors.com/imag.../Teal/Teal.jpg

http://www.gennysuniforms.com/images/colors/teal.jpg

http://www.signletters.com/SignProCa...metal/3210.gif

http://myweddingreceptionideas.com/s...rs/teal_tn.jpg

Each of these comes across "slightly different" -- but should put you on the right track. Hope it
helps!

Kate in MI

Old April 11th 06, 11:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I searched the web for you to find the colour teal as a visual example. Try
this site:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/teal/

--
Christina Doucette
Petawawa, ON, Canada

Old April 11th 06, 12:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Teal is much like periwinkle in that it's hard to say. If you're looking at
green, blue green and blue, teal is going to be leaning off toward the
green.
By 'duck', I think the dictionary may be thinking of the Mallard's head.
It might only be the male Mallard, and some hummingbirds sport some teal
coloring. Come watch the hummers with me and have some coffee. Polly

Old April 11th 06, 12:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I LOVE HUMMINGBIRDS!!! A bit early for them here in MI -- but soon I hope! I will put my feeders
out when I return from vacation (next week... WOOHOO!!) I have to be here to bring them in at
night -- otherwise my friendly bandits (raccoons) empty them!

Kate in MI

nk.net...

Old April 11th 06, 01:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Raccoons are such rascals. We have friends who put a lovely little pool in
their shade garden. It's about the size of a bath tub, bricked, spilling
water and wispy ferns. They thought it would be a nice spot for pretty
fish.
Wrong.
They say that instead of their plans, it's become a raccoon sushi bar.
Polly

"Kate G." wrote

Old April 11th 06, 02:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

"Polly Esther" wrote in
ink.net:

Raccoons are such rascals. We have friends who put a lovely little
pool in their shade garden. It's about the size of a bath tub,
bricked, spilling water and wispy ferns. They thought it would be a
nice spot for pretty fish.
Wrong.
They say that instead of their plans, it's become a raccoon sushi
bar.
Polly

"Kate G." wrote
I LOVE HUMMINGBIRDS!!! A bit early for them here in MI -- but soon I
hope! I will put my feeders out when I return from vacation (next
week... WOOHOO!!) I have to be here to bring them in at night --
otherwise my friendly bandits (raccoons) empty them!

Thank you all.. i now know the colour Teal.. Thanks.
And only in this NG it is possible to turn a thread about the colour Teal
in to Hummingbirds and Racoons with a blink of the eye.. lol.. i love it..
Old April 11th 06, 02:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Haven't been lucky enough to see any hummers yet, not even the scouts.
We get plenty of them here during the summer. They're pretty smart and
no doubt sense that it is still too cold at night (still at or below
freezing) The days have been fairly warm for this time of the year
however (50ish). Not bad for 8500' in April, though we do need
moisture. I fear it may be another bad year for fires, and we are
surrounded by National Forest.
Back to work and then to the sewing room!
Linda

Old April 11th 06, 03:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

raccoons in the pond

I, too, have a small man made pond in the back yard, but I already knew
that if I put fish in it the raccoons and Herons would eat them. My
friends lost many very expensive Koi this way. I just let the frogs
have the pond to themselves. Usually early in the season one of them
lays eggs, then we have a few weeks of pollywogs and tadpoles, then tons
of little frogs. They're almost as much fun to watch as fish. I think
the racoons still drink out if it though, because the stones that are
around the edge sometimes wind up in the water. Whenever we fish frogs
out of the chlorinated swimming pool, we place them in the pool to rinse
their little eyes out, most of them decide to stay in the pond
permanently. It's still a little too soon up here to turn the pond on,
maybe in another month.

Denise