a mascot?

Old March 29th 06, 04:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default a mascot?

That is what I was thinking.
WHo came up with that?
Taria

Queen of Squishies wrote:

What about our RCTQ logo? For those who are going to a public meet-up and
can't get the logo onto something to wear, we have all kinds of people who
could help each other out here.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Watching Simply Quilts the other day, the guest talked about an online
guild she belonged to that had the pink flamingo as a mascot, so that
when any guild members were at a show, they'd wear a pink flamingo pin
to id themselves just in case any other members were in attendance.
Could RCTQ members adopt such a thing and if so, could we possibly
agree on a single thing to represent ourselves? What would you want it
to be?

Musicmaker

Old March 29th 06, 04:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

A little chocolate bar!
--
Estelle UK
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gal.../ph//my_photos

oups.com...

Old March 29th 06, 05:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Or a gator in a pirate costume!!!! ARGHHHHHH!

Annie in NW Washington

Old March 29th 06, 05:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Well, we do have that TATW logo. BUT I like
the idea of a fun mascot. I nominate
ALLIGATORS!!! Do I hear a second?
PAT in VA/USA

Old March 29th 06, 05:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Shouldn't it be 'gators chomping down on vampires?

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

Old March 29th 06, 06:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

At the time that I went to my first Glendale Quilt show and met up with
MeSue, Moira, Sairy, and.....someone what making name badges with our
logo on them. I still wear the name badge when I go to my regular quilt
guild meetings.

Debbi in SO CA

Old March 29th 06, 06:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default RCTQ Logo a mascot?

Howdy!
We have turned up at many, many meetings in the last 10 yrs
wearing this logo
http://www.geocities.com/heartland/ranch/4775/
in some form, printed, cut & placed in a plastic cover, enlarged & colored,
laminated, printed onto fabric ala a quilt label, and some ambitious
quilter(s) did that machine embroidery project.
RCTQ is a big group; some of us don't subscribe to following one animal or
another, pirates, critters, or 1/2 nekkid boys. g The computer logo
pretty much has/had us covered and we were given permission to use it.
We have branched out and used other identifiers, boas, hats,
That Damn' Banner, name tags.
Of course, if you can't find yourself in a crowd one little lapel pin
won't help. VBG

Ragmop/Sandy--maybe this explains why someone thought she "knew" me when
I wore the pink flamingo earring to The Really Big Quilt Show in Houston

Old March 29th 06, 06:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Speaking of the Damn' Banner - where is it now? Did it sink under its own
weight or did it finally go home to Mama?

our logo - someplace or the other I ordered a name tag and luggage tags
with my name printed on them. They are a little different than the logo at
geocities. This one has a small nine-patch quilt with hearts in each patch
and a computer with rctq on the monitor. Does anyone know where we got
those? They are HOT PINK and really show up on black baggage at the
airport.
--
Donna in Idaho
Website: www.LinusIdaho.org

Old March 29th 06, 07:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

In article . com,
"Tina" wrote:

I've seen this too, at IQF with many other guilds. Of course there were
the common decorated quilted vests (which I fell in love with) but many
had similar pins or scarfs or such to signigy their "group". I found
myself wishing for some emblazoning that signified my "Membership" in
this wonderful group called RCTQ!

So yes, let's put it to a vote or something and come up with some
ideas!

The RCTQ computer screen would be cute, if we all had that wonderful
embroidery program that embroiders it so beautifully - but it would be
even more fun if there were a cat laying on top of the monitor or
sitting on the keyboard or something like that! LOL Or perhaps "keys"
made of chocolate candies ??????

Ok, I'm not completely working on all cylinders yet this morning!

Hugs,
Tina

You don't need to embroider it, Tina, if you don't have an embroidery
machine. I made a couple of quilted name tags a few years ago (shared
them with whoever was in Houston at the time), just by transferring the
computer/TATW to fabric and adding a little border. Mine "lives" on my
Houston bag (the one I made for shopping in Houston, of course g).
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old March 29th 06, 08:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

In article ,
"Kathy Applebaum" wrote:

Shouldn't it be 'gators chomping down on vampires?

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)

Don't you mean 'gators chomping on a pirate?

aarrrgggg

marcella