Now would be a really good time....

Old January 4th 06, 03:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Now would be a really good time....

.... and you were a source of great joy to me as well ...

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \
"Polly Esther" wrote in message
ink.net...
Now would be a really good time to tell you how much you've meant to me,
especially in 2005. Many times, you were my only hold on the real world.
(Now that I say it, that's scary, you know?). I love all of you dearly,
Polly

Old January 4th 06, 04:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Well this is OT I reckon but I went to my safe deposit box and pulled out my
diamond earrings and engagement ring and had them checked at the jewelers
for the insurance company and then put them on. My sweet Pollock gave them
to me and I should be wearing them instead of hiding them at the bank. If
they get stolen - they get stolen. The earrings are solitaires 1 carat each
and are set in yellow gold and the engagement ring has a 2 carat round cut
solitaire and 2 baguettes on each side symbolizing the Trinity. I have had
them stored away for several years because I was afraid to wear them. Just
not going to do that any more. Reminds me of all the pretty things my
mother put away for someday special and never wore.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \
"Leslie & The Furbabies in MO." wrote in message
oups.com...
..... to change your rotary cutter blade (clean and oil the cutter,
too), clean, oil and install a new needle in your sewing machine, renew
the "don't slip thingies" on your fav rulers, wind some spare bobbins,
remind yourself to write 2006 and tell your spouse, SO, children and/or
furbabies that you love them- along with a kiss or three and a snuggle.
It's all good stuff!

This public service announcement brought to you by....

The HairyButt Gang in MO.

Old January 4th 06, 04:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

My mom left me her big diamond ring because I was the only one that
liked the style. Only thing is I don't wear rings, just my simple
wedding band. I have tried to wear that ring. The stone is big and
makes it awkward for me so it sits in the bank box. My fingers are
getting to the point the swelling makes wearing rings difficult anyway.
I wonder if I should give that ring to a sister or just hold it
for maybe one of my kids to use as a wedding ring. How do you
women wear a mess of jewelry and not have it get in the way?
It just doesn't work for my lifestyle : (
Taria

Old January 4th 06, 04:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I really like my glass-head pins! I have a set of pins that are half-blue,
half white. I mean, the box is divided into blue pins and white pins, not
blue/white pins! I got them at a Bernina store, but when I went looking for
more, they only had white ones. I'd love to find more colors, but havent'
had much luck. The last set of multi-color glass heads I bought were all
dull!

--
Wendy
un-STUFF email address to reply

"Leslie & The Furbabies in MO." wrote in message
oups.com...
Pins are dull if they don't glide right into the fabric like a hot
knife into soft butter! A good investment is a new package of long,
thin straight pins with glass heads. Glass heads won't melt if you
accidentally iron over one of them. It's more effort and frustrating
to use dull pins and they can snag a thread and ruin a piece of fabric.
I also keep a small, well marked, container of "gooky" pins... that's
the ones I use with fabric glue for gluing down 3D appliques.

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

lisa skeen wrote:
how do you tell if pins are dull?

" frood wrote:
Don't forget pins get dull, too!

Old January 4th 06, 04:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Taria,

Consider having the ring melted into a pendant with the stone set in. My
grandma did that with her first set of wedding rings.

Old January 4th 06, 05:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

On Wed, 04 Jan 2006 16:20:31 GMT, Taria
wrote:

My mom left me her big diamond ring because I was the only one that
liked the style. Only thing is I don't wear rings, just my simple
wedding band. I have tried to wear that ring. The stone is big and
makes it awkward for me so it sits in the bank box. My fingers are
getting to the point the swelling makes wearing rings difficult anyway.
I wonder if I should give that ring to a sister or just hold it
for maybe one of my kids to use as a wedding ring. How do you
women wear a mess of jewelry and not have it get in the way?
It just doesn't work for my lifestyle : (
Taria

All metals except gold make my skin break out in a rash - even
silver. So when someone gave me a silver ring, I wore it on a
necklace, so that it showed over my shirt. That worked for me!

-- Jo in Scotland
Old January 4th 06, 05:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Well I sort of felt foolish wearing all that bling until I thought about the
look of pride and love my Pollock had when he gave it to me. Out of respect
and love for him I adapted. I've always been a very natural hippy type - No
make up, plain clothing, etc. Long as I was decently covered and clean I
didn't fuss too much. The Pollock said I was his empress and said I
deserved a little sparkle. I must trust that he was right.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \

Old January 4th 06, 05:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

A lot of people are allergic to the nickel that is commonly used in silver
and costume jewelry. My DGD gets big red swollen ear lobes when she wears a
friends earrings instead of her own 14K. I can wear silver but it's a waste
of time. Because of all the meds I'm on I tarnish them way too easy.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \

Old January 4th 06, 06:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Mike's Machine Shop (www.mikesmachineshop.com) has a pack of 5 for $10.
NAYY, but I've purchased other things from him--threads and various
PCQuilter items--and his prices are always good. And he's a really nice guy.

--Heidi

Plattsburgh (UPstate) NY

http://community.webshots.com/user/rabbit2b

===

lisa skeen wrote:
Because they're so dang expensive for what you get, that's why! I think
it's absolutely RIDICULOUS what they charge for rotary cutter blades.

"hfw" wrote

change the blade
why do I take so

long to do that or change rotary cutter blades??)

--Heidi

Old January 4th 06, 07:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

You all mean a lot to me too!
And Polly, while it's a great honor to be considered part of anyone's hold
on the real world, I completely understand the scariness :-)
Roberta in D, Queen of the Scrap Heap and Duchess of Y Seams (smirk)