Now would be a really good time....

Old January 3rd 06, 09:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Now would be a really good time....

...... to change your rotary cutter blade (clean and oil the cutter,
too), clean, oil and install a new needle in your sewing machine, renew
the "don't slip thingies" on your fav rulers, wind some spare bobbins,
remind yourself to write 2006 and tell your spouse, SO, children and/or
furbabies that you love them- along with a kiss or three and a snuggle.
It's all good stuff!

This public service announcement brought to you by....

The HairyButt Gang in MO.

Old January 3rd 06, 09:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Don't forget pins get dull, too! I usually put some pins on my pincushion
when I buy a new box, and leave some in the box. The old, dull pins get
downgraded to the design wall area, and if they are too dull for that, they
go in a film canister for disposal.

--
Wendy
un-STUFF email address to reply

oups.com...

Old January 3rd 06, 09:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

to tell you all how much I love you and how much I love being part of
this group!

Thanks Leslie for the reminders! I was so proud of myself - I did all
that stuff right after Christmas after I completed Margaritaville!

Hugs,
Tina

Old January 3rd 06, 10:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

What a good idea, Wendy!
I have my various pins in separate boxes, but I just pull them out as I
need them and they go back as they were. That way I never know when I'm
going to pull out a blunt one. I have a couple of unopened boxes, so I
shall do as you suggest, and discard them when I have to struggle to get
them into fabric. How long have I been sewing? ...? ...? tut-tut.
..
In message , frood
writes
Don't forget pins get dull, too! I usually put some pins on my pincushion
when I buy a new box, and leave some in the box. The old, dull pins get
downgraded to the design wall area, and if they are too dull for that, they
go in a film canister for disposal.

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill

Old January 4th 06, 12:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Now that is good news worth celebrating Butterfly!
Di
ps thank you too Hairy Butt Gang

Old January 4th 06, 04:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

And get a new seam ripper or change the blade on the one you have. (Just
did it and can't believe what a difference it makes--why do I take so
long to do that or change rotary cutter blades??)

--Heidi

Plattsburgh (UPstate) NY

http://community.webshots.com/user/rabbit2b

===

Old January 4th 06, 05:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Now would be a really good time to tell you how much you've meant to me,
especially in 2005. Many times, you were my only hold on the real world.
(Now that I say it, that's scary, you know?). I love all of you dearly,
Polly

Old January 4th 06, 06:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Because they're so dang expensive for what you get, that's why! I think
it's absolutely RIDICULOUS what they charge for rotary cutter blades.

"hfw" wrote

change the blade