Help Me Choose Please- Why EQ5 is evil

Old January 3rd 06, 09:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Help Me Choose Please- Why EQ5 is evil

I have your answer - Option 8. It took me awhile to discern the differences
between 1-7 and then I realised why - they all "blend" so well with the
middle that you can't see the borders. Whilst others like that, I myself
prefer a border that says "lookee what I have inside". Option 8. yup.
That's the one.

quicker)

"silverbells" wrote in message
I have had this WIP for some time. It has stumped me as to how to
finish it. I had asked for help on utilizing a Delectable Mountains
border. Well, I finally bought a copy of EQ5. This is when the trouble
started.

I have way too many ideas on how to border this quilt. I posted nine
options on my webshots. (I am sure there are more combinations.) Right
now my head is spinning. I also posted pictures of the two blue print
fabrics. The navy blue fabric featured in some options does have a small
metallic silver pindot print that won't show up in scans.

I know there are many opinionated people here. Please help. This quilt
is for my DH and has been in progress way to long. It's winter in
Virginia and he wants to steal my couch quilt (made by my grandmother)
if I don't finish this.

My album is
http://community.webshots.com/user/julieinrichmond

Thanks in advance!

Julie
Richmond, VA

Old January 3rd 06, 09:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I like #'s 1 and 9 best, but really something inbetween... if you put a dark
binding on #1 or narrowed the last border on 9 ...

like the others too but think a combo of 1 and 9 would be best for my tastes

--
-- Kellie
kjbeanne at yahoo dot com

Old January 3rd 06, 11:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I would go for 2 or 6 since those were the ones that first hit me when
I looked at all together.

Linda
PATCHogue, NY

Old January 3rd 06, 11:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Well, I hope you weren't seeking a consensus here!! I was going to
post my opinion,but I keep changing it the longer I look at them too,
so I'll just say: what a pretty quilt! Your husband will be lucky to
get it with any of the border choices.

Lynn

Old January 3rd 06, 11:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Those were my choices too. I thought the dark blue took away the "airiness"
of the snowflake.

Elizabeth in Spring, Texas