OT - Rock into Picture Window

Old November 11th 05, 12:11 AM
Taria

Default OT - Rock into Picture Window

Cops are probably no more lazy generally speaking than say, social
workers. It would be unfair to paint them all with a broad brush, IMO.
Taria

Phyllis Nilsson wrote:

That's a darn shame. Its part of the job and if they aren't going to do
it they should look for another line of work (although I doubt any of
them will find a job that is totally to their liking with no complaints
at all..

SNIGDIBBLY wrote:

Sounds like double speak to avoid writing a report and getting off
their duff and doing an investigation. Unfortunately there are LEO
out there who like to ride in their car but don't like paperwork.

Old November 11th 05, 12:28 PM
SNIGDIBBLY

Where else could they work goofing off and get paid for it? Fortunately
that kind of LEO is a part of our history around here. As we got more
educated and better qualified leadership that kind of behavior didn't last
long. You either straightened up or were fired. The fat lazy greasy
southern sheriff is only in folklore any more - or at least around here.
Our former county Sheriff was on disability as a New York Police Officer
wounded in a fire while on duty. He got some nation wide fame because he
emulated the sheriff in Arizona who runs a very strict jail. No commissary,
TV, Radio and no hot meals. The inmates wear black and white striped
uniforms and flip flops. The female inmates wear pink and gray stripped
uniforms. He posted the 10 commandments but the supreme court made him
remove them. He was a pistol - Andy Lee - and is currently serving as a US
Marshall now - special DEA. Working on his 3rd pension but deserving
because he was so hard working. He has lost one son in the line of duty and
has 2 others working as LEO in our area. I used to think he was an arrogant
and obnoxious politician. But as the years went on I found him dedicated
and hard working.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \

Old November 11th 05, 12:37 PM
SNIGDIBBLY

That's very true but a rock is a rock and the kind of double speak Phyllis
is talking about sounds like the typical excuse used by some dead a** LEOs
who don't want to do their jobs and unfortunately there are a lot of them
who don't like to do the paper work and will try to talk the unsuspecting
public out of it everytime. A simple question of "Who is your supervisor,
officer Jones?" And a clarification "Do you mean you aren't going to file a
report on this matter?" Usually starts them stuttering and then you get a
whole different story. No need to get aggressive because then they get all
defensive and respond in a negative manner - as ANYONE would. But gentle
inquiries for purpose of education usually ferrets out the truth of the
matter. I personally have never met a LEO in the 5 states I have worked in
who loved paperwork and would get out of it whenever remotely possible.
LOL!! The quickest way was to dump it on the Social worker - LOL!!

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \

Old November 11th 05, 01:18 PM
SNIGDIBBLY

Ahhhhh!! Just love coming to RCTQ in the morning and getting chastized by
the cyber grinnies who feel that the Creator is on vacation and put them in
charge for the day. Goes so well with my morning coffee!!. LOL!! Maybe
someday they will learn - eventually - that this member of the group
couldn't give a rats behind what they think. LOL!! Don't read it if you
don't want to hear it. This is an OT discussion and last I heard this group
didn't have a moderator - Thank goodness. Smiles being sent your way -
maybe it will sweeten your morning disposition. LOL!!

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \
"Jan" wrote in message
. 125.201...
Nobody said they weren't filing a report..... the privacy laws prevent
just
anyone and their brother from walking in and getting one. And I happen to
agree with the new privacy laws and think they are a good idea for many
reasons, such as identity theft, proof until innocent, none of your
business, etc.

Now I sincerely think this has run it's course and has become insulting at
the very least to the people who work hard in law enforcement. I plan to
let it drop and not address it anymore.

Jan

Old November 11th 05, 03:55 PM
Taria

You know snig the problem is you are so often just flat out wrong that
folks feel a need to correct you.
I still am waiting for someone to find the 100 pack of Schmetz needles
at walmart that you absolutely insisted was available there. Just one
small example.
Taria

Old November 11th 05, 03:58 PM
Phyllis Nilsson

Those that write the reports they're supposed to obviously aren't lazy.
If writing reports is in their job description and they don't do it,
they aren't fulfilling the obligations that entitle them to a paycheck.

Old November 12th 05, 11:12 PM
Taria

The problem is when you make statements here that are just flat out
wrong snig. Sometimes you do. Nobody wants to much comment becuase
you bring it down to calling names like in this msg. You just aren't
nice sometimes and that just isn't funny : (
Taria

Old November 13th 05, 02:52 PM
SNIGDIBBLY

Well you would sure be an expert on that one - now wouldn't you??

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \

SNIGDIBBLY wrote:

Ahhhhh!! Just love coming to RCTQ in the morning and getting chastized
by the cyber grinnies who feel that the Creator is on vacation and put
them in charge for the day. Goes so well with my morning coffee!!.
LOL!! Maybe someday they will learn - eventually - that this member of
the group couldn't give a rats behind what they think. LOL!! Don't read
it if you don't want to hear it. This is an OT discussion and last I
heard this group didn't have a moderator - Thank goodness. Smiles being
sent your way - maybe it will sweeten your morning disposition. LOL!!

Looking for Suggestions for 50th Anniv Banner and Picture Board KD General Crafting 2 January 7th 05 01:39 PM
Paradise Rock & Gem Club Show roxan Beads 18 April 19th 04 05:13 AM
Knitting in pub picture Laurie Yarn 37 November 20th 03 07:23 AM
Any thoughts on finishing a picture mat?? Myka KS Yarn 3 September 27th 03 05:16 PM
To Martin or Nora Marie C Yarn 4 August 4th 03 10:34 AM