OT - Rock into Picture Window

Old November 5th 05, 07:12 AM
~KK in BC~

Default OT - Rock into Picture Window

Well the RCMP just left and we are left with a HUGE broken window. One of
our front room windows met with a rock fired out of a slingshot.........
glass shards from one wall to the other of the main floor of the house. Even
have glass shards on the steps going up AND down!!! It is like it almost
went into a power state!

I am SO freaking tired of the vandalism and bull.....err....... baloney that
the gangs and young offenders can get away with!!! They know they cannot be
touched by the law or anyone else!! They are free to do as they please when
they please and there are NO consequences!!! And where the lleh are the
parents of these young offenders??????? WHY cant they be held accountable
for the damages and the ever growing costs of windows in the
neighbourhood?????????? My parents were hit not even 3 weeks ago, and
another one about a week and a half ago on the in between block from us and
them!!!

Sorry..... Steppin off the box now. Just had to vent at yet another expense
that we simply cannot afford and vent about shards and splinters of glass in
every single place you can even imagine them to be in a house and the law
that protects the criminals.

~KK in BC~ Like I needed one more thing to set me off kilter and into a
deeper pit of despair? ARGHHHhhhh................

--
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
I haven't outgrown the need to play with blocks.

Old November 5th 05, 07:43 AM
Kate G.

I don't know about the law in BC -- but here in the US -- if the kids are
minors -- and you know who they were who broke your window... you can take
them to small claims court (a civil court) and get the parents legally bound
to reimburse you for all expenses incurred (up to the maximum in that
municipality -- varies but usually somewhere in the $2000 to $5000 range).
Individuals over 18 are themselves responsible. The challenge is having
prove positive who is responsible.

While that may not be the punishment they truly deserve, hitting the parents
in pocketbook may make them begin to actually try to manage their children.

What a nuisance this must be!

Kate in Michigan

Old November 5th 05, 08:15 AM
QuiltsWithCatFur

If you think you know who did it, could you approach the parents? Any kid
I saw with a slingshot I would turn in to the MP's; maybe a tough policeman
can get a confession or at least scare the lleh out of the kid and the
parents, if the parents give a nmad at all. Keep your receipts for repairs
in case of future reimbursements by the guilty. Gentle hugs, Cyndi

Old November 5th 05, 08:41 AM
Patti

Very sorry to hear this, KK.
It must feel really dreadful to be at the mercy of thugs and louts.
Try to hold on.
..
In message tXYaf.74297$yS6.62835@clgrps12, ~KK in BC~
writes
[...]

Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old November 5th 05, 10:02 AM
Cheryl in Oz

Yes, victims here in Australia are starting to take legal action against the
parents of minors who can be proved guilty of vandalism. I hope you can
too. It's not what they deserve, but it is something!

--

Cheryl
cawaitesATnetconnectDOTcomDOTau

Old November 5th 05, 12:26 PM
Carolyn McCarty

KK, call your homeowners insurance agent right away. I don't know what your
deductible is, but I bet your insurance will cover at least part of the cost
of the replacement and cleanup.

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you aren't trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools --Red Green

Old November 5th 05, 12:59 PM
Queen of Squishies

OH NO! Vent, vent, vent, vent, vent, vent, vent, vent, vent!!!!!!!!!

I can't come up there and thrash 'em, or help you with the glass clean-up,
so I just had to vent. I feel better, but it doesn't really help you much.
I'll be praying.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old November 5th 05, 09:06 PM
Pat in Virginia

KK:

You are more than welcome to vent a bit here. This is absurd!
Don't you have any juvenile detention facilities in BC? Can you
go after the parent's insurance company?
Chocolate .... I recommend chocolate.
Hugs, PAT

Old November 6th 05, 12:57 AM
SNIGDIBBLY

Aren't the parents held financially liable for the damage their little
darlings do? They sure are in the US. If you lived south of the Canadian
Border I would recommend you take the parents to small claims court ($35
filing fee) and sue them for the damages. Does Canada have an equivalent?

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \

Old November 6th 05, 01:01 AM
~KK in BC~

Yes and No to small claims court. Since these kids are minors and since
these kids are from low income area and since these kids are from a minority
group....... well that leaves me in the no where land of, you are **** out
of luck folks!
~KK in BC~

--

"~KK in BC~" wrote in message
[...]

Looking for Suggestions for 50th Anniv Banner and Picture Board KD General Crafting 2 January 7th 05 01:39 PM
Paradise Rock & Gem Club Show roxan Beads 18 April 19th 04 05:13 AM
Knitting in pub picture Laurie Yarn 37 November 20th 03 07:23 AM
Any thoughts on finishing a picture mat?? Myka KS Yarn 3 September 27th 03 05:16 PM
To Martin or Nora Marie C Yarn 4 August 4th 03 10:34 AM