Is this fabric still out there?????

Old October 18th 04, 07:11 PM
A&T

Default Is this fabric still out there?????

I am desperately searching for more of Makower UK Spray time 2800 L09
I am in the United States and the only thing I have found that is close is
Makower UK 2800 L08. It is a deep, dark purple, almost looks black in the
photo. The selvage edge says: TP280/1 Spray time by Makower UK England. I
bought it in a Tivoli - I lov it paper piece kit then decided it had to go
in a different quilt. The instructions for the Tivoli is where the L09 came
from.

I have placed an ad on www.MissingFabrics.com The two leads I got both led
to dead ends. I spent hours searching the internet before placing the ad.

I even sent email to and I have received no response in
at least a week.

I thought you guys might know --- Is this fabric still out there????

Thanks,
Tricia

Old October 18th 04, 07:28 PM
Mary in Rock Island IL

Tricia--
If you would share the number of your missing fabrics request it would
be much easier to look at the picture.

One resource for finding old fabrics is this sto
Old Times, 954 N. Main, Princeton, IL 61356. The phone is
815-872-9841. If you send them a swatch or a picture they will try to
match it for you.

Good luck!
Mary
Old October 18th 04, 08:39 PM
Johanna Gibson

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 18:11:47 GMT, "A&T" wrote:

I am desperately searching for more of Makower UK Spray time 2800 L09
I am in the United States and the only thing I have found that is close is
Makower UK 2800 L08. It is a deep, dark purple, almost looks black in the
photo. The selvage edge says: TP280/1 Spray time by Makower UK England. I
bought it in a Tivoli - I lov it paper piece kit then decided it had to go
in a different quilt. The instructions for the Tivoli is where the L09 came
from.

I have placed an ad on www.MissingFabrics.com The two leads I got both led
to dead ends. I spent hours searching the internet before placing the ad.

I even sent email to and I have received no response in
at least a week.

I thought you guys might know --- Is this fabric still out there????

Thanks,
Tricia

I know it's not what you want, but
www.quiltersparadiseonline.com
has the Makower Spray time in dark green, dark blue, and a few other
colors. Could you not use dark blue instead? Why not write to these
folks and ask if they have any purple in the shop, or if they can get
you some.

-- Jo in Scotland
Old October 18th 04, 09:19 PM
A&T

Sorry. It is ad # 12745 and it was on page 19 when last I checked -- it
might have been bumped to 20 by now.

Thank you for wanting to help.

Tricia

Old October 18th 04, 09:24 PM
A&T

Thanks. I'll see if they have it in the purple. I found and ordered 1/2 of
the next lighter purple, but it won't work.

The quilt top is finished except for the border. And unfortunately, blue
definitely won't work.

The quilt top I'm working on is the Whacky Stacky from the guild workshop in
my WIP folder. (the dark purple pinwheels) It is sooooooooo dark purple, it
is almost black.

Tricia
--
http://photos.yahoo.com/momiixii

Old October 18th 04, 11:27 PM
Jeri

A&T wrote:
I am desperately searching for more of Makower UK Spray time 2800 L09
I am in the United States and the only thing I have found that is
close is Makower UK 2800 L08. It is a deep, dark purple, almost looks
black in the photo. The selvage edge says: TP280/1 Spray time by
Makower UK England. I bought it in a Tivoli - I lov it paper piece
kit then decided it had to go in a different quilt. The instructions
for the Tivoli is where the L09 came from.

snip

Could it be one of these? It's so hard to tell from online photos how dark
or light a fabric is. You may have to copy and paste the URLs.

http://www.alwaysquiltingonline.com/...raytime2801l08

http://www.stitch-n-frame.net/cgi-bi...1#Fabric_MAK48

Old October 18th 04, 11:39 PM
Charlie

I know thimbles fabrics in the UK sell spraytime, if you get really
separate! As do the cotton patch.

Charlie.

news

Old October 19th 04, 01:00 AM
A&T

The first one is L08, which I ordered a half yard of, but it is a shade too
light.

I bookmarked the second link. It has the wrong number (V9), but I think that
I will order 1/2 yd and see.

I have looked at 50 on-line stores, they have Spray time in every thing, but
L09!!!!

Thanks,
Tricia

The other one isn't L09, it is V9 but I might order the smallest amount to
see if that is it.
. ..

Old October 19th 04, 03:34 AM
Ellison

Howdy!
I was in there last week.
The lady on duty said, "We keep getting these requests to match fabric!"
I asked, "And can you, match the fabric, that is?"
She said, "Mostly! It's fun to hear from everyone, too." ;-D
4 large rooms full of fabric, the shop just keeps winding around and
around and you go over here and then you see something over there
and then there's new stuff-- I laid down some $$ and came away VERY happy.
I'm sure it will all match something. g

Ragmop/Sandy--in north Texas,
doing my part for this shop in my home town

quilt shops in NY Terbear Quilting 8 April 6th 04 08:41 PM
Squishie Fabric Quality Mika Quilting 21 April 3rd 04 04:18 PM
Pirates o' the South Pacific Swap frood Quilting 27 January 25th 04 12:04 AM
Super Fabric Bargains, July Pat in Virginia Quilting 8 August 27th 03 03:14 AM
72 Excuses for Adding to Your Stash Debbi Quilting 16 July 29th 03 12:18 PM