[OT] HELP!

Old March 23rd 04, 04:48 PM
Marcella Tracy Peek

See? I moved too far north with the crummy schools ;-) Actually, I was
referring to middle schools. I have no idea what the high schools offer.
My son is in an all boys high school -- no home ec classes there ;-)

New quilt shop though...yippee!

marcella

In article ,
wrote:

C'mon down the peninsula a ways Marcella.

I don't know about Paly, but the other Palo Alto high school (Gunn) has a
super home ec teacher, Cindy Peters. I have often been regaled and tempted
by the results of the Foods I and Foods II classes -- usually the chocolate
type.

And her Fabric Arts classes make the most lovely quilts every year that get
hung and displayed in the Admin offices. I did a drag 'n' brag of my meager,
paltry group of quilts there a year or so ago that prompted me to start
learning the "proper" way to do things.

--
Anne in CA
"It's not having what you want; it's wanting what you've got." -- Sheryl

Marcella Tracy Peek wrote:

gently snipped Around here
they don't offer any sort of home ec - no sewing or cooking or anything
- in the public schools. Sad.

marcella

remove NOSPAM to reply

Old March 23rd 04, 05:45 PM

Most of this evolving thread was a hoot! Thanks for the
entertainment, ladies.
Cea

Old March 23rd 04, 10:59 PM
Marcella Tracy Peek

In article ,
wrote:

Is it open yet? I thought it was going to be in April?? Must go see soon :-)
--
Anne in CA
"It's not having what you want; it's wanting what you've got." -- Sheryl Crow
http://home.covad.net/~arudolph/annes.htm

Yes. They opened in February! So...for all you near SF you can come
shop; and for those far away....they have an on-line business (that's
how they started)

http://www.alwaysquiltingonline.com

Oh, and that mystery quilt pattern under "block of the month" they sell?
That's mine :-)

marcella
Old March 23rd 04, 11:13 PM
Kathy Applebaum

"Marcella Tracy Peek" wrote in message

http://www.alwaysquiltingonline.com

Oh, and that mystery quilt pattern under "block of the month" they sell?
That's mine :-)

Why you little sneaker, you. When were you going to tell us? Exactly how
many other famous quilts are you keeping from us?

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
longarm machine quilting, Queen of Fabric Tramps

Old March 26th 04, 05:17 PM
Dr. Quilter

Now at my house that kind of question would never come up.
The pepper goes in the pepper grinder.
If you put salt in there, it falls out and makes a mess.

well, I actually have put rock salt or coarse japanese sea salt in the
pepper grinder instead of peppercorns and it works fine too! )

I had no idea salt was masculine and pepper feminine.

both feminine in spanish: la Sal y la pimienta....
--
Dr. Quilter
Ambassador of Extraordinary Aliens

Old March 27th 04, 02:56 AM
Ellison

Howdy!
I buy sea salt at Whole Foods Market, in the bulk bin area;
it fits into the salt/pepper shakers just fine.

Finished: One quilt. Full-size, a real beauty; the top was made
by a young woman in Boston who does fantastic handpiecing,
using lovely, dark jewel-tones and very interesting patterns.
I love her work! It's a pleasure to quilt for her.
She trusts me to figure out the quilting pattern, and adjust the
yardage for the back of the quilt, so I put the binding on before sending it
back completely Finished. I added my name to one of the busy-green
fabrics; I know it's there. g
Want pictures? I'll try.
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/elt...bum?.dir=/f163
Ragmop/Sandy

Old March 27th 04, 04:07 PM
Kathy Applebaum

" Ellison" wrote in message
om...
Howdy!
I buy sea salt at Whole Foods Market, in the bulk bin area;
it fits into the salt/pepper shakers just fine.

Ahhh, the bulk bins at Whole Foods. Second in gustatory delights only to
their deli. Still smacking my lips over the roasted beet salad and tamales I
picked up there on Thursday.