Greetings again!

Old August 14th 06, 08:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Default OT A different service? Greetings again!

Just don't keep it in the freezer g
..
In message , Jacqueline
writes
When I cook things like soups, stews, spaghetti, meatloaf, chicken pot
pie, the filing that is, same with beef pot pies, bbq pork for
sandwiches, stuffed green peppers, cabbage rolls, and some other
items I always make enough for 7-10 meals to go in the freezer.

snipped

Now if I can get my quilting as down pat as I have my cooking I will
be doing just fine

Jacqueline

Jacqueline
http://www.mountain-breeze.com
Recipes and other fun things

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old August 14th 06, 02:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kathy Applebaum

But if it improves your quilting, go ahead! LOL

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

http://fabrictramp.typepad.com/fabric_tramping/
remove the obvious to reply

.

Old August 14th 06, 04:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Ah! Never thought of that g
..
In message , Kathy
Applebaum writes

Old August 14th 06, 08:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in NE La.

Default Greetings again!

That is really cute, Terri! Lucky SIL!

--
Donna in NE La.
"Terri" wrote in message
"Louise" wrote in

Glad you're back home safely and having good times with the grandkids!
I'm really liking your bowtie - could be because I'm enhancing my
neutrals stash to do a quilt in various shades of cream, beige, etc.

I'd been seeing a neutral quilt in beiges and browns for quite some
time now. I started laying in the colors a year ago and every time I
reached for them colors I made myself back off and go use something
else. I find I'm drawn to the two tones and simple geometric patterns
more than any other.
And before I forget, this is something entirely different from that
I made as a house warming gift for my SIL. They are the last relatives
to leave New Orleans so now I don't have to worry about any family
members down there in harms way.
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~dogsn...ges/Aprons.jpg
I ran across this in a magazine and just had to make it. The pattern
was inspired by the aprons women used to wear in the 1940's and
the embellisments are all items given to me by my SIL.
She loved it.

And
I think your design decisions in the monkey puzzle are just fine - and
don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

So sorry to hear about the loss of your pals. I know how empty your life
can feel without them.

Today has been an especially bad day for that.
Thank you.

--
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved
body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "...holy

Old August 14th 06, 11:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
TerriLee in WA

We have some of these here in the Seattle area! I've often wondered if it
would be fun.
--
TerriLee in WA (state)
remove the cats to reply

"Louise" wrote in message
Both. If you want to do your own, you register for a class, select the
entrees from a menu that changes monthly, and then show up at the
scheduled time. All of the ingredients are prepared for you - the meat is
cooked/sliced/whatever, the veggies cut up, etc. You then assemble each of
your entrees (12 per session, I believe, and each one is designed to serve
4 or more) and put it in the freezer until it's time to go home. Each
session lasts about 2 hours, and you go home with 12 (or 6, it's your
choice) main dishes - I think she's going to have side dishes available as
well, if you want them. If there are only one or two in the family, you
can divide most entrees into smaller portions and get more than 12 meals.

If you don't have time for the 2-hour session, she and her staff will
prepare your entrees for you for an additional charge.

This is something that started around her about two or three years ago and
they've been fairly successful. She and my brother moved to Wisconsin a
couple of years ago, and that's when she decided to start a business
herself. I can see where it would be a time saver for busy moms. I
haven't been to one myself, but I know my sister went to one to make
dinners for her bachelor son who works long hours. He loves it - all he
has to do is thaw it out ahead of time and pop it in the oven, which is
pretty nice for someone whose idea of a home-cooked meal used to be frozen
pizza!
--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

"Pat in Virginia" wrote in message
Louise,
Your SIL's new business sounds very unusual. I've never heard of such. Do
the customers buy the food from her and cook in her facility? Will she
prepare the dishes for people who are time (or cooking) challenged?
TTFN,
PAT, curious in Virginia

Louise wrote:

Love those aprons! I've been trying to decide what I might make for my
DSIL, and that might be it! She just opened a new business - one of the
places where you go to prepare meals that you then take home to freeze
until you're ready to eat them. In addition, she's always worn an apron
at all family gatherings (as opposed to the rest of us who just wipe our
hands on our pants!), and something like this apron quilt would be just
perfect for her.

Old August 15th 06, 01:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Terri

"Donna in NE La." wrote in
:

Terri, do you happen to remember what magazine the pattern is in?

Indeedy doody!...rifle, oh nose, the tower of books fell down! Dog
runs away, husband looks scared...MY SEAM RIPPER! I've been looking
all over for that...ah...here it is!
Quiltmaker
edition March/April 2006
"I remember Aprons"attern by Elaine Martin of North Platte, Nebraska.
I tried to photo copy it but it won't show to scale but I'll leave
my picture up for awhile if you'd like to copy it to your drive for future
reference. The background squares are 7&1/2"x7&1/2".

Old August 15th 06, 02:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in NE La.

Thanks so much, Terri!

--
Donna in NE La.