Help Me Choose Please- Why EQ5 is evil

Old January 4th 06, 02:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Help Me Choose Please- Why EQ5 is evil

In article ,
silverbells wrote:
Option 3 would be my favorite. I looked only at the thumbnails, to get
the longer view, but I did think the navy stuck out too much. Nice
quilt, though.

Lee

I know there are many opinionated people here. Please help. This quilt
is for my DH and has been in progress way to long. It's winter in
Virginia and he wants to steal my couch quilt (made by my grandmother)
if I don't finish this.

My album is
http://community.webshots.com/user/julieinrichmond

Thanks in advance!

Julie
Richmond, VA

Old January 4th 06, 02:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I'm with Linda - I like #2. If you made that white border something w/ a little
more silver in it, made it a little more sparkly than the white used in the
snowflake.........

Cappy

"WitchyStitcher" wrote in message
I would go for 2 or 6 since those were the ones that first hit me when
I looked at all together.

Linda
PATCHogue, NY

On Tue, 3 Jan 2006 13:50:35 -0500, silverbells
wrote:

I have had this WIP for some time. It has stumped me as to how to
finish it. I had asked for help on utilizing a Delectable Mountains
border. Well, I finally bought a copy of EQ5. This is when the trouble
started.

I have way too many ideas on how to border this quilt. I posted nine
options on my webshots. (I am sure there are more combinations.) Right
now my head is spinning. I also posted pictures of the two blue print
fabrics. The navy blue fabric featured in some options does have a small
metallic silver pindot print that won't show up in scans.

Old January 4th 06, 04:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

wrote:

[...]

Options 7 and 9 are good. Option 7 is very pretty but it needs a
stronger color to really make it a man's quilt. Option 9 has the
strong looking darker blue that really adds that manly touch. I
especially like the size of the dark blue outer border on version 9,
and the widths used on the inner border combo of the two narrow blues.

Debra in VA
See my quilts at
Old January 4th 06, 04:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

On Tue, 3 Jan 2006 13:50:35 -0500, silverbells
wrote:

Sorry, but I just have to ask---Did you try putting the pieced blue
and white border directly next to the flake? It could make the flake
look flakeier if it works out right. Then you could put one narrow
dark blue border, one narrow light blue border, and one wider dark
blue border at the outer edge. I'd make the dark outer border the
same as in version 9.

I bet you already tried that and it didn't work out right or
something, but I had to ask.
Debra in VA
See my quilts at
Old January 4th 06, 07:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I sympathize completely - I have EQ too. When I'm doing something new I
always end up with a gazillion variations before deciding on the final
pattern. So...... when looking at your possibilities....I definitely
like the darker borders, but I would only use one narrow inner border
not a medium _and_ a dark blue one side by side. I find that the
lighter one is lost. So my pick would be a variant of number 10, with
only the dark borders.

That being said, the final layout should be what _you_ like best. Or,
at the very least, what your DH likes best. And no matter what it will
look lovely (don't tell anyone else about the other possibilities G).
Good luck!

Allison

Old January 5th 06, 10:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Bummer. Thanks for letting me know about the image confusion anyway.
Debra in VA

On Wed, 4 Jan 2006 12:28:57 -0500, silverbells
wrote:

I tried putting the pieced border there. The result was that it
confused the image of the center design.

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Julie
Richmond, VA

In article ,