Official intro and photo link

Old April 14th 04, 01:09 AM
A&T

I let both hands get so bad that I would literally cry while trying to
rotary cut. I fixed the worst one first and didn't want to wait any longer
that necessary to do the second one. I don't think my left hand is 100% in
strength but it doesn't hurt or go numb anymore. The doc said it would
probably take 6 months to be 100% but if I had waited until July to do the
second one, I couldn't have done it until October, so...... I'd rather have
both of them trying to get to 100% before the end of the year.

I heard so many stories about how easy the surgery is now compared to
'before'. Several people even told me it was a laser surgery now with a 1/4"
scar. But, my surgery wasn't laser and my scar is 2 1/2 inches. I guess it
is a good thing my doctor doesn't quilt!!! However, it was day surgery and
I was out of there in about 3 hours total both times. I'm sure you noticed a
big difference in yours with such a large time span between them. And you
are probably the only person who said how much better it is with experience
with both!

And you are right - I'm feeling extremely grateful that I only have two
hands!!!

Thanks for the well-wishes.
Tricia

"Maine-iac Rose" wrote in message
I would just like to say glad that the CTR worked for you. I had my right
hand done back in January of 93, and then it took me about 9 years for my
left hand to get to where it needed it. My hands were getting numb just
from typing, sewing, knitting and crocheting. I had to stop knitting for

4
years before I got the nerve to get the left hand done. But glad I did.
And in those 9 years, there were much improvements with the surgery. I

was
able to go home about an hour after it, where back in 93, I fell asleep
after the surgery, and didn't wake until 2 in the afternoon, so didn't get
home until 3. I liked the 2nd surgery the best, but glad I don't have to

go
thru that again.

Maine-iac Rose
@---
remove the thorns and add a hyphen between the 2 words to email me.

"A&T" wrote in message

: I had carpal surgery on my left hand in January and my right hand on
: Thursday (the 8th) so, I am hampered from quilting at the moment, but I
get
: the cast off on April 22 and will be trying to finish some WIP's as soon
as
: physically possible. My left hand is already sooooooo much better, that

: know it will be worth it when both hands are completely healed.

Old April 14th 04, 03:02 AM
Sandy Foster

Welcome, Tricia! I'm in awe at your Courthouse Steps quilt! It's
gorgeous! Did you do the quilting yourself? And the colors in your Color
Spinning Wheel are great! So don't put yourself down. We're all
quilters!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1
Old April 14th 04, 04:25 AM
A&T

yes, I quilted the courthouse steps. it was the first one done on my grace
frame that I got for Christmas.

You all are so kind. I love to learn though and I have to let go of this
perfectionist thing.

I read it here first, but, I keep saying to myself: "finished is better than
perfect!!!!"

thanks,
Tricia
http://photos.yahoo.com/momiixii

Old April 14th 04, 02:01 PM
Roberta

I LOVE your quilts. They are lovely!! And you seem to be one of those
people that has a natural sense for color. All of your quilts really have a
great color to them.

I can't decide which I like best LOL -

Roberta (in MD)

ink.net...

Old April 14th 04, 07:24 PM
A&T

Roberta,

Thanks. You all have been so kind. I have had a lot of people IRL tell me
that I am good with color. I guess I probably should have mentioned that I
have a minor in art!!!

Tricia

Old April 15th 04, 02:35 PM
TinaHoak

I am a new quilter, so please be kind when viewing my quilts! I feel so
inadequate when I look at your pages.

Tricia

Tricia,

Welcome to the group. I know that feeling well. But all those
beautiful quilts are a great inspiration!

Tina
Brockport NY