RCTM--What has happened to this newsgroup and any way to revive it?

Old April 23rd 07, 07:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.marketplace
marilyn safier

Default RCTM--What has happened to this newsgroup and any way to revive it?

I used to see so many posts on this newsgroup and over the last year or so
it has dwindled down to just a few posts a week...
I know some folks didn't like people advertising their ebay sales (I do
that, but I also offer items for sale directly.)
any discussion on this?
anyone out there?!
any ideas?

Marilyn Safier

--
------------------
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...marecro chets

Old April 23rd 07, 08:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.marketplace
Becky A

marilyn safier wrote:
I used to see so many posts on this newsgroup and over the last year or so
it has dwindled down to just a few posts a week...
I know some folks didn't like people advertising their ebay sales (I do
that, but I also offer items for sale directly.)
any discussion on this?
anyone out there?!
any ideas?

Marilyn Safier

I lurk around here...but don't post, as I am not selling anything.

I have noticed how dead it is here, too. I suspect the general decline
of Usenet has quite a bit to do with it, but I the other half of it has
to do with the current stagnation in needlearts that I saw on a recent
visit back home to the US.

That said...if you happen to run across the Sept/Oct 1999 and Nov/Dec
1999 issues of Just CrossStitch...I would be rather interested in them.

As for ideas...I don't know. I've been trying to come up with one, but
the answer just eludes me.

Take care!
Becky A.
Old April 23rd 07, 10:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.marketplace
Gill Murray

Becky A wrote:
marilyn safier wrote:

[...]

Becky, you can quite often find the old mags foe sale, cheaply, on Quins
O&I auction. Of course, shipping overseas does add up, and some people
won't do that.

http://www.quins-auction.com/

I know I have been trying to get rid of mine for 25 or 50 cents! In fact
I may have those two. If I do, you are welcome to them. I will have a
look tomorrow.

Gillian
Old April 24th 07, 12:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.marketplace
Gill Murray

IMS wrote:
I think people are using Craigslist more.

On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 21:52:29 +0200, Becky A wrote:

I lurk around here...but don't post, as I am not selling anything.

I have noticed how dead it is here, too. I suspect the general decline
of Usenet has quite a bit to do with it, but I the other half of it has
to do with the current stagnation in needlearts that I saw on a recent
visit back home to the US.

That said...if you happen to run across the Sept/Oct 1999 and Nov/Dec
1999 issues of Just CrossStitch...I would be rather interested in them.

As for ideas...I don't know. I've been trying to come up with one, but
the answer just eludes me.

Take care!
Becky A.

Never heard of that! I know of the 1-2-3 list, but I do not feel
comfortable there.

Gillian
Old April 28th 07, 08:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.marketplace
Gill Murray

That said...if you happen to run across the Sept/Oct 1999 and Nov/Dec
1999 issues of Just CrossStitch...I would be rather interested in them.

As for ideas...I don't know. I've been trying to come up with one,
but the answer just eludes me.

Take care!
Becky A.

Becky, you can quite often find the old mags foe sale, cheaply, on Quins
O&I auction. Of course, shipping overseas does add up, and some people
won't do that.

http://www.quins-auction.com/

I know I have been trying to get rid of mine for 25 or 50 cents! In fact
I may have those two. If I do, you are welcome to them. I will have a
look tomorrow.

Gillian

Replying to my earlier post to Becky. Would you believe mine start with
the issue following the ones you are looking for! Sorry!!

Gillian